... maybe something for the Script Database?

Started by Reno-s--Joker, February 20, 2009, 06:26:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reno-s--Joker

I don't know how the script database works and therefore I don't know how easy or hard this is to implement, so apologies in advance.  :^_^':

I noticed that there are three categories: Script Name (with link), Version and Topic Author. I know this might be hell to make happen for the scripts already in the database, but for the new scripts which have a different author, another category for 'Creator' or something like that would make it uhm ... 'better' ... for if you are submitting a script not made by you. That way it might be 'nicer' for submitting scripts made by other people.

I hesitate on 'better' and 'nicer' because when I come to think about it a lot of people write their own scripts here, so this is more of a superficial addon kinda thing.

And maybe if the column widths for each of the categories was the same...? Again, another superficial addon but yeah that would be sweet.

Blizzard

Depends on if the mods have time to change each topic header since I don't. :/ If they can do it, I can make it happen. The new header should be like this:

[CENTER][SIZE=24pt][b]<SCRIPT NAME>[/b][/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Authors: <AUTHORS>[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Version: <NUMBER>[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Type: <DETAILED TYPE>[/SIZE]
Key Term: <KEY TERM (COMMON TYPE), SEE FURTHER BELOW FOR ALL ALLOWED TERMS>[/CENTER]
[hr]

<SCRIPT NAME>
Authors: <AUTHORS>
Version: <NUMBER>
Type: <DETAILED TYPE>
Key Term: <KEY TERM (COMMON TYPE), SEE FURTHER BELOW FOR ALL ALLOWED TERMS>

Also, "Authors" would include the names of the makers. No special credit, no thanks, just a straight-forward list of the people who contributed in coding it.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Reno-s--Joker

Wow, thanks for considering it. <3 I realise that it would be pretty huge... I would estimate (very roughly) there would be maybe more than 50 to change.
... O_O;

Quote from: Blizzard on February 21, 2009, 04:47:28 am
Also, "Authors" would include the names of the makers. No special credit, no thanks, just a straight-forward list of the people who contributed in coding it.

Yeah, I was just thinking it over and many are made by more than one person, so this is a good idea. ^-^

Thanks again.

Blizzard

I realized that I made the mistake of not adding when me, SRK and shdw were fixing the topics. We were almost done and it was tiring so I didn't want to bother them by making a change so they had to go over all topics again. And I was too tired to do it just by myself. Let's see what SRK and shdw think about it.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

shdwlink1993

If you want to, I'm OK with doing some work, Blizz. Just say the word and I'll start earning my keep around here! ^_^
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Blizzard

Well, then it's settled. Get in IRC/ICQ, we can go through some topics together.

Blizzard

Reno-s--Joker

:-* I noticed. <333
That actually didn't seem to take so long - you were fast.

This is awesome, thank you both again! ^-^

Blizzard

Yeah, it expected it to take longer. Changing the SQL query so it works with the new format wasn't a problem either. I was done in 1-2 minutes.

Starrodkirby86

I would have been okay to do it, but I was gone for the whole day. I should have mentioned that earlier, but I know a few people here were aware of that, so my apologies for not appearing in this event.

Glad to see this system is doing better and all.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

Don't worry about it. Me and shdw were done in way less than half an hour.