Blizzard

Is it a miracle?! No, it's technology.

http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/Science-Fiction-News.asp?NewsNum=708

Thanks to Stealth for this find. It's incredible. :D
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Aqua

I'll soon be able to see? o.o

Joke aside...

Sounds very cool :)

winkio

My Differential Equations teacher's cousin is working on this project, or at least, a project with a similar intent.  Pretty amazing stuff.  We have to potential to make huge discoveries in science in the next ten years.  For example, we already have LADAR, laser radar which can determine windspeed, air composition, and even the slightest movements from kilometers away.  It's currently being used in the US Army for stuff.  Also, they have this liquid that lets you breathe when it fills your lungs.  It's used for deep sea diving suits, among other stuff.

Back on topic, this stuff is really amazing.  In my opinion, anything electronic that makes a useful connection with your brain is awesome.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Aqua on March 12, 2009, 05:19:56 pm
I'll soon be able to see? o.o

Joke aside...

Sounds very cool :)

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

No.

</3

Definitely would seem expensive or something, but this is always great to see. Nice technology that's going through for the better of all...

And I can see the use for that...Hm, I wonder if that's great for night-vision as well. >:3

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

fugibo

This is fairly old news. And it's not as cool as self-healing polymers. Which popped up on Ars today. I think that alone made my day :P

But I'm mainly interested in what it's like to see for the first time. Normal people have all their senses distinctly divided because we're used to it, but what is it like for someone who's seeing for the first time...?

Blizzard

Well, I didn't know about it. :P But the oxygen enriched liquid is at least 20 years old.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Reno-s--Joker

Lol, it shouldn't be called science 'fiction' news then... :S

That's pretty awesome - one of the unis near me developed a 100x100px black and white digital 'eye' for blind people but that was about as good as I had heard... :D

RoseSkye

Vell

remember 最終兵器彼女 or Saishū Heiki Kanojo as it is translated, or for short, Saikano. that would be a MUCH disturbing vision for our future. and this type of technology may well develop into such technology.

tSwitch

too bad they won't be able to use computers.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr