The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)

Started by Blizzard, March 15, 2009, 07:29:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

First of all: Blizzard is my alias, not my company name! The "company" name, if you will, is StormTronics. This game was the April Fools joke of 2009. It is NOT a real game. The demo is going on as if it's a real game until one specific point.

Intro (Same as Chaos Project)

"Once long time ago, everything was Chaos
Then Chaos became order
And Chaos became life
After life is gone and order is destroyed
Chaos shall reign again and forever..."

This is how everything starts.

Background story (Same as Chaos Project)

Inside the legendary Tower of Memories, lies the Fire of Life....The eternal force that holds every single parallel universe together...
An old legend states that if the flame, the Fire of Life burns is to change into a color other than blue (Solar Cry) a horrible fate lies in store for the galaxy.
Two million years ago, the fire turned red... Nobody knew of this till it was almost too late. The flame changing color would have caused the destruction of all existence, had there not been two mysterious and powerful warriors. Nobody knew where they originated, nor where they were going.
But this was long ago... These two brave warriors, returned the flame to its original color. It is even said, that they were the reason for the Solar Cry... Thus all memories and records of this event were entirely wiped from existence... This is the reason, why the tower is called Tower of Memories...

Once again in the present the Solar Cry is about to occur. The consequences are sure to be fatal. However, this Solar Cry is different... The flame became green...
But because the Solar Cry is so powerful, what could surpass it's power, enough to make it happen? And more importantly...What is yet to happen, now the fire burns green? And so we go to the little planet Terra, where peace reigns... still...

Storyline

Jason is 21 years old and a normal young man who just lives his life. He's going to college and bored, because it seems too easy to him. he has no idea how the following events will change his life forever...

(To actually understand what is going on, you need to have played Chaos Project).

Rivy is able to send a dream to Jason showing him an event in his past life as the Lexima Warrior Leximus. As Jason awakes, his head is filled with more and more memories. With a major headache he tries to leave the library in his college. In a hallway a mysterious portal appears an warrior in dark clothes steps through. It is Rivy. Jason/Leximus recognizes Rivy on sight. Rivy explains to Leximus that he has been able to destroy the soul memory blockade created by Nemesis. Rivy and Leximus leave the planet Terra through the portal and head for the planet Nibble to find Endout. This is not a problem at all by using the Warp Portals generated on the Cravgon. After the pick up Rivy, they immediately head for the Tower of Memories on Kadro in order to reverse the green Solar Cry. After that the three of them cause a violet Solar Cry themselves in order to make Chaos return. Unfortunately Nemesis has found out about Rivy's betrayal and has an ambush ready as soon as the Solar Cry was caused. Endout gets wounded and their attackers retreat. The three heroes return after a while to the Cravgon only to find it abandoned. Nemesis and the rest have activated the Hyperion and are already collecting the Chaos from the Chaos Sources on Kadro. Soon it will be all to late and Nemesis will be able to activate the Chaos Machine. Leximus and Rivy have no time to wait for Setzer's recovery so they decide to enter the Hyperion by themselves in order to stop Nemesis and his henchmen before it is too late...

The characters

You will get the characters to know during gameplay. I will introduce all characters, but only 3 of them are available in this demo.

Leximus

Race: Guardian of Chaos / Humanoid
Class: Lexima Warrior
Speciality: Assaulting Lexima-based attacks
Background: Leximus was the first Ex Guardian of Chaos to be able to feel Chaos again even though it seemed to be only a fragment of the true power Chaos. In his honor this fragment was named Lexima.

Rivy

Race: Guardian of Chaos / Humanoid
Class: Lexima Warrior
Speciality: Devastating Chaos-based magic attacks
Background: Rivy always preffered the "other" fragment of True Chaos which kept its name "Chaos". One of Leximus' best friends.

Features

• using the Chaos Project base engine
  • an alternative storyline to Chaos Project
  • Blizz-ABS as battle system featuring combo attacks
  • incredible animations and sprite animations, demonstrating Blizz-ABS's true power
  • completely new menu
  • completely new HUD system specially designed for NW
  • Weapon Level System - your weapon gets stronger the more and better you use it (depending on how and how fast you kill your enemies)
  • Weapon Custom Upgrade System - customize your one and only weapon allowing various combinations resulting in over 400 different weapon results
  • Custom Combo System - a special system that allows you to put together combo fragments creating completely new combos for your characters (this system was originally designed for The Legend of Lexima II)
  • smart enemies - specially altered AI to allow smarter behavior of enemies with less lag than ever
  • Skill Level System - combined with the Weapon System your abilities get stronger and you unlock various different abilities depending on which abilities you have improved and how you have developed your fighting style
  • special ABS skills like pushback, multi-direction projectiles etc.
  • over 3 hours of gameplay
  • fully in English and fully in German
  • Cross language support - You can load savegames with the other language setting(s) without problems as the language does not depend on the savegame, but on the game itself (already known from many commercial games like Zelda etc.)
  • completely reworked puzzles and maps of the space battleship Hyperion
  • can be unlocked by beating Hellvoid in Chaos Project
  • beta tested!

Everything else

This game represents an alternative storyline of Chaos Project. If you read this topic, you might get a few things spoilered in Chaos Project. This game will be released as special game mode that will be unlocked after beating Hellvoid in Chaos Project. I am going to release a demo in several days. It is a Blizz-ABS game.

That's all. N-Joy! =D

Download

Nemesis' Wrath Demo

Screenshots

Spoiler: ShowHide

Additional info

If you have any problems with puzzles or the game itself, post it here. This game is already known around and has been played by various people, so somebody should be able to help you if not me.
If you have problems with the font installer, extract the "Backups" file from the fonts folder and manually install the fonts into your %SYSTEMROOT%\Fonts folder. %SYSTEMROOT% is usually C:\WINNT or C:\WINDOWS.

Credits

The credits aren't mentioned in the game. I have created several sprites, the music files are mainly named properly and several graphics are from the XAS demo. NAMKCOR has created the image at the very end.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

Yay.  Not only will this game be awesome, but now Blizz-ABS will finally get some much needed support :^_^':

tSwitch

Aww yeah Blizz, this will rock.
Hey, you gonna fix the respawn thing for the BABS version in this?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Blizzard

Sure thing. Until NW is done Blizz-ABS will probably be v2.4 so I'm going to have to fix it. xD

EDIT: Ok, I finally put a cool screenshot together. I disabled the HUD since it's not done yet. But it demonstrates my "Extended Center Plugin" which I will use. The screen doesn't move all the time along with the player but only when he's walking out of a predefined center area (similar to Secret of Mana).

Starrodkirby86

Those tiles in the screenshot should look a little more refined than just "one-color". But I guess you will sooner or later.

I can't wait till it gets released. Really, this is exciting.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Landith

Yeah it is, someone should convert the whole Chaos-Project to BABS. That would be soooooo cool :)

Calintz

OMFG, I didn't even know that this was here!!
I am sooo excited, LOL!!

I thought you were retiring RMXP??
Or is this just a simple extra?? (you said alternative storyline)

winkio

Quoteover 3 hours of gameplay

QuoteThis game will be released as special game mode that will be unlocked after beating Hellvoid in Chaos Project. I am going to release a demo in several days.

Doesn't seem like it will be a huge project, but definitely a fun one.  He has to find some way to show that his ABS kicks ass XD

Calintz

Blizzard

Quote from: Calintz16438 on March 15, 2009, 08:49:51 pm
OMFG, I didn't even know that this was here!!
I am sooo excited, LOL!!

I thought you were retiring RMXP??
Or is this just a simple extra?? (you said alternative storyline)

I have all the maps already ready, I only need a few custom scripts and action sprites. The rest is eventing. I think that I could get it all done in 2 working weeks. I'll probably get to it during Beta 2 testing.

Starrodkirby86

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

LOL! Anyway, I'll see if I can put a small and playable demo together in the next couple of days. As I said, it will be without the actual CP engine, but using Blizz-ABS and my style of eventing you won't notice anyway (except for the message system xD).

Tazero

If you were a fish...

Calintz

Well, I'm really looking forward to this. I hope you get that DEMO out.

Blizzard

I put up a few more screenshots. I removed the HUD in the last screenshot, though. :P

I will get a demo done in about 10 days.

Tazero

If you were a fish...

Blizzard

The demo will be relatively short so you shouldn't have any problems.

Diokatsu

Blizzard

I have updated the first post and changed the last screenshot. Now it includes the HUD. :naughty:

As you can see both Leximus and Rivy have the same skill assigned in their first slot. Since Leximus' elements are Fire and Electro and Rivy's element is Ice and those two crossed blades show a firesword and an icesword, you can probably guess what kind of skill that is. :naughty:

Aqua

DeathLock

Man, that HUD is awesome. =D

You make us fall in shame. D: ^_^

Blizzard

And that's Blizz-ABS what you see. I told you that it beats XAS. xD

EDIT: Due to problems with the website I've put up the demo already. I was going to put it up when I've polished it out. Oh well. It's still good. Enjoy it. :)

tSwitch

Blizzard

Wow, I thought people would actually be anticipating this. :/ Nobody even posted half a comment about it.

legacyblade

OMG, so much awesomeness. Great use of the blizzABS. I recommend downloading this to anyone who wants an increase in awesome

RoseSkye

This game is awesome.

It's hard but.. I'll never give it up until I win.

Landith

Same here! I keep dieing when I get to Seraphine! It's really hard!

Great job on this Blizzard! Wish I could get to the end though >.<

G_G

I almost thr err I mean blew up due to so much ga err I mean umm awesomeness!

Reno-s--Joker

Lol, what are you talking about G_G? :D It was so frigging amazing!!! All the awesome battle effects ... and I'm still in love with that HUD. <3 You seriously put all other games and ABSs to shame with this demo.

WhiteDemon15

I just played the demo to this game and found it awesome and funny at the end. The HUD looks amazing. Was that NAMCKOR's drawing at the end of the demo? I also noticed Kingdom Hearts music in there. +1 for using it.

Fantasist

WhiteDemon, what are you talking about? Trying to get us on fool's day's eve? :P
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

Lol, April Fools is over. Yes, the demo was a fake one. It's an April Fools prank. :) FBI was a diversion, CP was never in danger. The HUD is a just a fake photoshopped picture. The poses of Rivy and Leximus are the only ones that I have created. ^_^ You should try it anyway, it's fun, lol!

Sally

i wanted to fight >.< grr waisted a download... it was fun thou watching the 10minuts of talking...

RoseSkye

Quote from: Blizzard on April 02, 2009, 01:15:49 pm
Lol, April Fools is over. Yes, the demo was a fake one. It's an April Fools prank. :) FBI was a diversion, CP was never in danger. The HUD is a just a fake photoshopped picture. The poses of Rivy and Leximus are the only ones that I have created. ^_^ You should try it anyway, it's fun, lol!

FBI was a diversion? Noooo.. really?

Chaze007

I actually fell for this today..AFTER APRIL FOOLS DAY...WHEN THE NAME HAS BEEN CHANGED TO APRIL FOOLS PRANK.....UGHHHHH ]:
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

tSwitch

King Munkey

lol yes very much so.

I wish I would have downloaded this yesterday though. HAHA

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

Landith

I did download this yesterday, I was laughing at the end.

Good job on that art NAMK, it's really good (I think you did it)

Blizzard

Sally

Reno-s--Joker

As soon as they said 'make *cough*' I thought of NAMK's pic which I saw earlier...

*doesn't want to spoil for others* :o

King Munkey

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

tSwitch

Vell

it's not an april fool's day joke if the prank began a whole half a month earlier. the prank began the day this was posted up. indeed, it was largely successful, but a true fool's day thing begins on aprils fools and ends.

that being said, I did not download it.

THAT being said... i was rather inactive that day.

Blizzard

fugibo

Lol. Lol. Lol.

Might reveal a very little: ShowHide

I started getting suspicious when I couldn't open the menu during the entire 10 seconds I could control the char :P

Calintz

AAAGGHHHH!!! You suck Blizz!! It looked so good too ... Like, cream in my pants good ... and then it was over ... :(

G_G

Blizzard

Most probably not. But if a few (or just one :P) spriter decides to do the spritesets I'd need for this game (a couple of skill sprites for Leximus and Rivy and for a few monsters), I will make it anyway.