Dissipate (A Blizz-ABS example game)

Started by winkio, January 21, 2009, 11:27:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowPierce

->I agree and disagree, I get what you're saying but I see that you don't get what he said... It is true that a game completely depends on the developer, but to say that the ABS wasn't a factor would be wrong... He said that the ABS was powerful... :P

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

winkio

Let's get a few things straight here,

1.  It's not a necropost if he's actually posting use information continuing the topic, which he did.
2.  Blizz-ABS and XAS each have a unique set of powers.  Unless you are scripting everything yourself, then the scripts you use do matter, because you are not in complete control of your game.
3.  This was the last version that I released I think: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20649046/DissipatePreview.exe.

Since you said this was for a college project, let me say that your time frame will make a difference.  If you plan to use Blizz-ABS, use v2.84 and don't rely on any updates any time soon (they will happen, but I can't promise when).  You can, however, look at other example games or even ask questions here and get them answered fairly quickly, so support should not be an issue.

Good luck with your project :)

Kewldude

Quote from: winkio on October 18, 2011, 01:33:51 pm
Let's get a few things straight here,

1.  It's not a necropost if he's actually posting use information continuing the topic, which he did.
2.  Blizz-ABS and XAS each have a unique set of powers.  Unless you are scripting everything yourself, then the scripts you use do matter, because you are not in complete control of your game.
3.  This was the last version that I released I think: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20649046/DissipatePreview.exe.

Since you said this was for a college project, let me say that your time frame will make a difference.  If you plan to use Blizz-ABS, use v2.84 and don't rely on any updates any time soon (they will happen, but I can't promise when).  You can, however, look at other example games or even ask questions here and get them answered fairly quickly, so support should not be an issue.

Good luck with your project :)

Thanks a ton winkio!!

We checked it and the preview itself is amazing! The follow and party AI (alongwith Ally attacking enemies) was something we had been looking for. That combined with a number things that are actually working in your game just make it that much better :D

I'll post on this thread, if we have any questions. I assume that's what you mean by 'here'?

In any case, once again, thanks for helping out!

winkio

I was referring to the forum, but you will probably want to post in the Blizz-ABS thread for short questions or make a new topic under Script Troubleshooting for longer ones.  This thread isn't the best unless the question relates to something specifically in Dissipate, such as the direction lock common event I made or something similar.

Kewldude

Quote from: winkio on October 18, 2011, 04:55:08 pm
I was referring to the forum, but you will probably want to post in the Blizz-ABS thread for short questions or make a new topic under Script Troubleshooting for longer ones.  This thread isn't the best unless the question relates to something specifically in Dissipate, such as the direction lock common event I made or something similar.

No prob :) Will do.

Griver03

My most wanted games...