A Trivial but Useful Suggestion

Started by fugibo, April 24, 2009, 08:57:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fugibo

If possible, I think you should make it so that an asterisk (*) in the beginning of a BBCode tag will be the same as [nobbc][/nobbc], so that we can post tags without having to type 15 characters to ensure that it actually shows up properly.

Stupid idea, but useful :P

Blizzard

I'm not following. Can you explain it better?

(Hangover, sorry. >.<)
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Hellfire Dragon

He's asking to make a feature so that if an * is put in front of a bbcode tag then the bbcode just shows.
EG, for using a quote tag
normally [ quote]INSERT QUOTE HERE[/ quote] - minus the spaces, he wants something like *[ quote][/ quote] - again minus the spaces
Well I think that's it anyway
Though I don't see why you couldn't just put a space in the tag like that

Vell

G_G

Quote from: Hellfire Dragon on April 25, 2009, 09:44:55 am
He's asking to make a feature so that if an * is put in front of a bbcode tag then the bbcode just shows.
EG, for using a quote tag
normally [ quote]INSERT QUOTE HERE[/ quote] - minus the spaces, he wants something like *[ quote][/ quote] - again minus the spaces
Well I think that's it anyway
Though I don't see why you couldn't just put a space in the tag like that

Yea so instead of having to use
[code][quote][/quote][/code ]

he wants to be able to do
*[quote ]blah[/quote]
so it actually shows the code of the bbcode [/code]

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Hellfire Dragon

Quote from: Blizzard on April 25, 2009, 12:56:27 pm
[quote][/quote]

Like this? :P

Yep, prob be better with a shorter tag than [ nobbc] though :P

Blizzard

It's not used often enough. I mean how often do you actually need something like that? -_-

G_G

tSwitch

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Starrodkirby86

Something like this is highly low priority. In some senses, it would actually break some really minor things, like if you're trying to emphasize something that has an asterisk before (Though in forums we mainly use parentheses, such techniques would be used for advertisements). This would mean using the asterisk system would break simple (highly used maybe?) asterisks (e.g. *Here I am...ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE). But this is indeed trivial, since the whole idea is just silly. :P

What's the deal with [nobbc]...? Come on...It's a rare hidden feature, and unless you have a slower WPM, it's really nothing. Programmers get it tougher...

I guess you can see my position. I'm indifferent on it really...I'll just use [nobbc] anyway unless I find that * is more convenient (Which it isn't, since I usually don't touch the Shift and Number Keys).

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

fugibo

Actually, I wanted it inside the tags, like so:
[*b][/b]

This could also make it easier to use BBCode and NoBBC at the same time :/

Blizzard

I know what you wanted. It would still be a pain in the ass to implement. Especially since I am very forgetful about regular expressions as I hate 'em. <_<;

fugibo

But they're AMAZING, Blizz! Like Peeeeeerrrrrl  :ninja:

Well, thanks anyway. I wasn't really expecting it, but w/e. Might as well try.