Places to get your game hosted

Started by Blizzard, January 07, 2008, 10:49:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

January 07, 2008, 10:49:25 pm Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:46:39 pm by Darth Asshole
You can host your game at various places on the internet:

Please add more if you know some other hosting places. Best is to be free.

The free web hosts I recommend most:

• www.freehostia.com
    250MB disk, 5GB bandwidth, MySQL (that means forums will work)
  • www.110mb.com
    5GB disk, 300GB bandwidth, high speeds, NO MySQL (that means forums will NOT work), but you can pay for MySQL
  • www.000webhost.com
    350MB disk, 300GB bandwidth, high speeds, MySQL (that means forums will work), keep in mind that the site was marked as fraudulent not because of the hosting, but because of their affiliate program which is fraudulent

The web hosts where you need to pay I recommend most:

• www.icdsoft.com
    99,9% uptime, high speeds, 6$ for 1GB disk and 20GB bandwidth monthly or $10 for 50GB disk and 500 bandwidth monthly, hence the probability of overselling is basically zero

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

don't forget http://sendspace.com/

300MB
Files don't last too long, but good for temporary stuff (demos, betas, etc)

Valcos

Wow! Thats pretty much it :o. I use megaupload and sendspace they are pretty easy to use.
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Blizzard

February 20, 2008, 05:50:59 am #3 Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 06:05:14 am by Blizzard
How could I forget it? I think that Zeriab posted this originally and forgot to add it. xD

EDIT:

I edited the post and made it easier to overview. :3

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

Nice post, I didn't even know more than a quarter of these sites

Flermza

I just wanted to add these, these are RPG Maker sites:
www.phanxgames.com (Game Project Section - Under Development)
www.uirpg.com
www.rpgmaker.net (Maximum 20MB)
www.rpg-palace.com

Check Phanxgames out, there game project section looks promising.

Calintz

Rune

www.mediafire.com
100MB per file. Rather slow uploading though, not sure about downloads.
Signature.

omegapirate2000

I use rapidshare myself, once I've passed the 100mb mark I think Im going to use sendspace.
Spoiler: ShowHide

Tazero

If you were a fish...

fugibo

Quote from: Tazero on June 21, 2009, 07:38:14 pm
You forgotted savefile

And your own PC, just setup port forwarding with your modem/router/ISP and go to DynDNS.com :V:

Ryex

MediaFire that place it that BEST!
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Holyrapid

Zshare.net
1GB max upload for registered users. Free to register. Decent upload speeds. Upload up to 6 or eight files at a time.
GB max size for uploads if you get a prerium account, files are hosted to eternity if they´re downloaded atleast once in two months i think, But if tthe files are not downloaded enough times in the tim eperioid (once in two months i think) they´re deleted. Max 15 sec wait before download, no wait between downloads.
Easy and pleasant to use and to visit. I personally love this place. I recommend this to all who want to host bigger games, and there´s no limit to how much files you can have i think.

Starrodkirby86

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

winkio

well, for me, it's FTW, but I guess they aren't accepting any new people right now, because their servers are full =/

but the link I put near the bottom of my last post has some good webhosts with lots of space  ;)

SquareMan

August 10, 2010, 04:58:29 pm #15 Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 05:00:03 pm by Square Man
CP is hosted on 000webhost?? that place sucks! i totally hate it!
also: another place to get your WEBSITE hosted is ucoz.com
400 mb free space and increases every second by a certain amount
99.9 % uptime
QuoteThey've got helmets on they're heads. But I gotta watermeloan instead!

Jek

uCoz is a very nice website host/maker, but I haven't seen too many actually good sites made with it. All about flash games, clans, and most people just make a site for fun.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Square Man on August 10, 2010, 04:58:29 pm
CP is hosted on 000webhost?? that place sucks! i totally hate it!
also: another place to get your WEBSITE hosted is ucoz.com
400 mb free space and increases every second by a certain amount
99.9 % uptime

Actually, it has fewer problems than almost any other host I've seen, and for a decent price. I think it's a great host.

Blizzard

Except for some critical problems, I agree. 000webhost is the best free host out there.

CP WAS hosted at 000webhost for about two months. That was more than 2 years ago, though. Today CP's hosted at u2-web.com.

SquareMan

QuoteThey've got helmets on they're heads. But I gotta watermeloan instead!