How to move your topic into main Project section

Started by Blizzard, January 07, 2008, 10:53:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

January 07, 2008, 10:53:01 pm Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 03:58:05 am by Blizzard
These forums are only for topics describing or requesting help with projects being made with RPG Maker. All types of RPG Maker are allowed.

• Recruitment topics will be moved to the Recruitment forum, please spare us the trouble and post them there from the beginning on.
  • Topics that don't meet the movement standards will not be moved.

• Topics that don't meet the basic standards will be locked.

If you want your topic to be unlocked or moved, please PM a moderator or admin.

Basic requirements

Preventing your topic from being locked, your topic needs to fulfill following requirements:

• At least an idea of the background story of your project.

• At least two paragraphs of text explaining the main story idea of your project.

• Basic character description of various characters throughout the game. You can give some yet undecided information on characters like "Age: undecided yet".

• At least one ingame screenshot of battles, maps, menu, etc. Don't post screenshots of the submenus and don't post title screens/gameover screens. You CAN post the title screen, but it will be not considered as one of those three screenshots.

Movement requirements

If you want your topic to be moved into the main Projects/Games section where it will get more attention, your topic needs to fulfill following requirements:

• At least three paragraphs of text explaining the background story of your project.

• At least three paragraphs of text explaining the main story of your project.

• Detailed character description of various characters throughout the game. You don't need to post all characters and you don't need to post many. Post at least the ones you get familiar with in the first stages of the game. Preferably with battlers or facesets.

• At least three ingame screenshots of battles, maps, menu, etc. Don't post screenshots of the submenus and don't post title screens/gameover screens. You CAN post the title screen, but it will be not considered as one of those three screenshots.

• At least 30-minutes long demo download link. No demo, no moving.

Whenever possible, please include all downloads and a website link for your project in your topic, preferably near the very top of your initial post or at the very end. For example, if you have a recruitment topic for it as well, it would be nice to have a link at the top of your post.

You can find an example here
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Magus

wow. all of those paragraphs. (NOT! I'm actually a writer)
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Valdred

Could you reconsider the 30 minutes long demo requirement?
Think about people with small games, and people who doesn't like to reveal to much of their game before it's released. Wouldn't it be better with 10 minutes?

Landith

Or, you could make the demo 10 minutes, then have a credit roll going really really slowly down the screen for the next 20 minutes and BAM! Instant 30 minute demo.

Mind bottling isn't it??

Calintz

April 20, 2010, 02:10:11 am #4 Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 02:11:22 am by Calintz
I don't think it needs revision. You can captivate the character and pass time by having things happen without introducing a lot of the actual storyline at all. For instance...In my game, the DEMO is a good half an hour and thriving, but the game isn't revealed at all. The purpose doesn't surface, and yet I feel like the DEMO is pretty solid so far.

**Note, the DEMO still is out for play yet.

The only problem with this is that if you want to keep the game simple, then I suppose you wouldn't be interested in making extra (pointless) errands to take up time. But alongside that theory. Who would want to play a game without extras??