How it's like to use Mac OS [Partially NSFW]

Started by Blizzard, May 11, 2009, 03:15:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

No offense to anybody using Mac OS, but this is so hilarious that I had to post it.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

King Munkey

Remind me to stay clear of two things. Giant cocks and Mac OS. XD. It was funny.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

fugibo

...I'm sorry, but OSX is not worthy of being made fun of. Trust me, until you've used it for a while, you can't talk about it. It has faults, yes, and there's nothing that it can do that Vista can't, but doing it with OSX is sooooooo much better.

And yes, innuendo inserted on purpose.

Blizzard

Quote from: Biker WcW on May 11, 2009, 04:08:12 pm
but doing it with OSX is sooooooo much better.

Quote from: my friend sitting next to me after reading WcW's postYes, if you're gay.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

Blizzard

Starrodkirby86

It will only be NSFW when your boss or someone that can get you fired looks at it and reads it. A simple wall of text can't yield anything wrong.

Hey, that sounded like what happened last night! :V:

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

tSwitch

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Ryex

I've used both extensively and I must say, I like Windows better. the major reason being that it can do just about every thing MAC can AND the HUGE MAJORITY of software be it third party or other is made ONLY for windows.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

I haven't used it myself, but everybody I know who used it agrees with that text. o.o;

amaro57

ah good laugh to start my day. I'm actually considering buying a MAC, but then I discovered Windows 7...patience is unnerving!

Blizzard

tSwitch

Quote from: Rival Blizzard on May 12, 2009, 03:31:31 am
I haven't used it myself, but everybody I know who used it agrees with that text. o.o;

I disagree.
you know me.

WcW disagrees.
you know WcW.

:P

Blizzard

Fixed.

I haven't used it myself, but everybody I know IRL who used it agrees with that text. o.o;

tSwitch

Quote from: Rival Blizzard on May 12, 2009, 10:25:15 am
Fixed.

I haven't used it myself, but everybody I know IRL who used it agrees with that text. o.o;

ok fine you got me there :I

Mightylink

May 12, 2009, 12:21:22 pm #15 Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 12:24:07 pm by Mightylink
I tried it, I couldnt live with it, like most users I thought I was moving to a better os, I was severly mistaken. Granted its a more stable, better looking and more secure system, but if you actually want to do something with it you need windows.

There is software to run windows programs or even windows itself on a mac, but the compatability issue is horrible, all those people that say it runs perfect, well its far from it, most of my games wouldnt work and the ones that did ran worse then on my pc which was even older then the mac.

If you actually want to do something besides feel good about yourself, its no question you need windows, it may not be as good but windows actually does stuff lol

I have also tried linux with the same result, but it worked far better then mac, most of my games did work on linux under wine and ran just about the same. If you absolutly hate windows with avengeance, dont go mac, go linux instead, but in my opinion its just best to stick with windows.

Ryex

Put it this way I'm on a MAC right now and if you asked me it was stable I would say "stable as a pile of bricks put together with seaweed paste."

the truth is that MAC is NOT more stable ore secure than windows in fact in many ways it is more vulnerable. Unlike windows very few people even bother to TRY and write a virus for a MAC. what would be the point? MAC has a very small percentage of the market and if you want to cause major damage writing a virus for a MAC wouldn't do squat. Not to mention if you ever DO get a virus for on a MAC, you life will be HELL. MAC has put very little effort into internal security and there are not many programs out there designed to remove virus from MACs in face where as it is common practice for every windows use to install a security program you will be had pressed to find a MAC user wise enough to have some virus protection program on their computer.

Long story short, most of the benefits that many MAC uses brag about are BULL.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

tSwitch

Quote from: Ryexander on May 12, 2009, 04:10:00 pm
Put it this way I'm on a MAC right now and if you asked me it was stable I would say "stable as a pile of bricks put together with seaweed paste."

the truth is that MAC is NOT more stable ore secure than windows in fact in many ways it is more vulnerable. Unlike windows very few people even bother to TRY and write a virus for a MAC. what would be the point? MAC has a very small percentage of the market and if you want to cause major damage writing a virus for a MAC wouldn't do squat. Not to mention if you ever DO get a virus for on a MAC, you life will be HELL. MAC has put very little effort into internal security and there are not many programs out there designed to remove virus from MACs in face where as it is common practice for every windows use to install a security program you will be had pressed to find a MAC user wise enough to have some virus protection program on their computer.

Long story short, most of the benefits that many MAC uses brag about are BULL.

let me know when there's a virus that causes OSX to die, and I'll install the Mac version of virus protection that they sell at the Apple store.

fugibo

...Okay, read my post slowly: Windows can do everything Mac OS X can. But doing it on OSX is so, so much easier, and Mac hardware is just beautiful (I'm talking about the trackpad, not design -- the actual innovations. I love this little bugger, even if I had to run 7 on it)

Diokatsu

Quote from: Biker WcW on May 11, 2009, 04:08:12 pm
...I'm sorry, but OSX is not worthy of being made fun of. Trust me, until you've used it for a while, you can't talk about it. It has faults, yes, and there's nothing that it can do that Vista can't, but doing it with OSX is sooooooo much better.

And yes, innuendo inserted on purpose.

Thanks innatelybiasedman. Let me ask the questions: Why do I care what you all think? Infact, why do any of you care what other people think. Everyone just go use your computers with out living up to your overtly-biased stereotypes that causes other, "normal" people to think we have some sort of disease if we actively choose our computer. Keep such silly, worthless opinions to yourselves.

Ryex

Quote from: Elite Four NAMKCOR on May 12, 2009, 07:03:52 pm

let me know when there's a virus that causes OSX to die, and I'll install the Mac version of virus protection that they sell at the Apple store.

lol "Mac version of virus protection" what an under developed piece of software that is

fugibo

@ryex: You're just being a fanboy now. You have to provide *proof* when you make an idiotic argument.

@dio: You use Ubuntu. I <3 Ubuntu as much as I <3 OSX, so I'm never gonna say that your decision was stupid. Or anyone's.

Just please, leave the OSX users who actually know what the crap they are talking about alone, all of you.

Diokatsu

Ultimate gaming computer should run XP. All I have to say. XP is awesome.

Vell

I use Windows. My name is UltaFlame. Ulta. Ulta is short for Ultimate. I am Ultimate. I use Windows. Yhus, Windows is the Ultimate. The UltaChoice. there. proof provided.

Blizzard

May 13, 2009, 03:31:51 am #24 Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 03:52:26 am by Blizzard
*powers Dio up for his first post*

Ubuntu is not -better-, Max OSX is not -better-, Windows is not -better-. You can't say -better- just because you like it more. That's the same as when a satanist says his religion is -better- than Christianty because he likes it more.

[massive sarcasm]Oh, and Apple's hardware is so awesome. They have a great thing called iPhone which tops every other piece of hardware in that category. Oh wait, it has no Bluetooth that's been around for how long now? 5 years? 10 years? No freaking Bluetooth. My ass has Bluetooth today, but iPhone doesn't. Still, iPhone is the best.[/massive sarcasm]

Seriously, WcW, saying that a Mac's hardware is beautiful is like saying that a computer with a small HDD is awesome and superpowerful. You're being a total fanboy in this topic. All I did is post something funny and you're turning it into a "MAC IS GOOOOOOOD!!!1!!1!!!!11" debate. So why the fuck are you offended when I explicitely said

Quote from: Rival Blizzard on May 11, 2009, 03:15:35 pm
No offense to anybody using Mac OS

If you like it so much, your problem. If you use it, your problem. If you think it's totally awesome, your problem. If you have become a fanboy, for fuck's sake don't annoy us with it. It's your problem.

I like Windows and I use it because I don't have the time to adapt to a different system and I don't have the time to set up each bit properly in my system so everything works the way I want it. But do I post how awesome Windows is? No. Because it's not. It has flaws. But the others are no betters. Linux has flaws, Mac OS has flaws. And being a defensive douche you just show that you can't accept it.

Just because a majority uses Windows, doesn't mean they're all idiots. It's true that Windows is easy to use for the average user, but it's as customizable as any other OS if you're experienced and know what you are doing. I don't care what anybody thinks about Windows. But I do care if same damn fanboy spends three hours to convince me how Linux is much better than Windows. I go to a college where every third person is a programmer. How many Linux fanboys do you think I have to endure EVERY FUCKING DAY?! I can smell them a kilometer against the wind.

And why the hell is an assumption like "Anti-virus software that couldn't have been tested properly in a real environment can't possibly be good" making somebody a fanboy? How many anti-virus software packages are there for the Mac? How many are there for Linux? How many are there for Windows?

There is a reason everybody uses Windows. It's easier to use. Fact. Otherwise everybody would be using something else. But that's already it. It's easier to use.

EDIT: I am locking this damn topic. Go thank WcW for it.

Thank you, asshole. I just got up and I'm already pissed.