[XP] Skill Shop

Started by G_G, June 07, 2009, 06:32:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellfire Dragon

I think it's most likely that's it's because your using a cracked version of rmxp :P Are you?

winkio

It seems to me that you are using Postality Knights Edition of RMXP, by the blue icon in the upper left instead of an orange one.  Lots of scripts aren't compatible with it.  It shouldn't been too hard to edit them though.

G_G

Quote from: Hellfire Dragon on July 25, 2009, 11:17:23 am
Hey G_G, is there a way to make a shop sell all skills without having to list every skill ID?

use this in a script call

skills = []
for i in 1...$data_skills.size
  skill.push(i)
end
$scene = SkillShop.new(skills)

Hellfire Dragon

NameError occurred while running script.

undefined local variable or method 'skill' for #<Interpreter:0x4042ad8>

:(

Ryex

skills = []
for i in 1...$data_skills.size
  skills.push(i)
end
$scene = SkillShop.new(skills)

try that^^
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

Hellfire Dragon

July 25, 2009, 01:32:01 pm #26 Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 01:41:50 pm by Hellfire Dragon
Silly G_G, oh well, small mistake :haha: Thanks ;)

EDIT: Just a suggestions, it'd be cool if we could have the skills sorted in different ways other than by the ID number, looks kinda random :P Like alphabetical would be cool :)

G_G

Ok I'll see if I can do that.

Blizzard

Get Tons of Add-ons and turn on Ultimate Font Override.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Hellfire Dragon

What? Posted in the wrong thread Blizzy?

Blizzard

Have I? O_o

Quote from: TheBlob on July 25, 2009, 11:31:43 am
Okay so I decided to try this out and ran into a strange problem that is almost certainly my doing.

First, I used the script and set up 9 skills just to test them out. Then, I called the script to run the item shop and discovered there was no text. No skills names, no "Learn" and "Exit", and no character names. I figured I did something wrong in my configuring, so I made a new game which just called the script without any editing whatsoever, and got the same result:

Any advice or help to fix it?

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Hellfire Dragon

:o You should've quoted or used @USER or something in your post :xD:

Blizzard

Yes, I should have. xD

Hellfire Dragon

G_G

I'll start on it in about 30 minutes I forgot about it sorry ^_^

G_G

Updates* Okay HD I added 4 different sorting options just for you :)

Hellfire Dragon

Awesome :D
You think you could add the sorting option to the version you made me? If you don't have it I can send it to you ;)

G_G

Yea send me your version and I'll add it to it :)

dylanf3

Is it possible to add a Sort By Price? It would help more then names

Blizzard

Bug: When you buy a skill and you don't have enough money to buy another, the other skills don't get grayed out. You can fix it by adding a refresh call after buying a skill.