RGSS RTP Script overview

Started by Ryex, June 09, 2009, 03:27:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fugibo

Quote from: Blizzard on June 10, 2009, 11:31:10 am
No, I was referring to the original post, not to yours, WcW. Getting a list of all methods is useful indeed, but not used that often. My point was that an actual explanation on what those methods do would be way more useful than just a list of methods. Again, I am referring to the first post in this topic, not to yours.

I see nowz. Sorry :(

Ryex

Quote from: Ryexander on June 09, 2009, 03:27:34 pm

Method bgm_play(bgm)

Method Name: bgm_play

Method Description: called with a RPG::AudioFile instance or nil as an argument saves that argument in @playing_bgm  and them plays the file or stops the currently playing one if the argument is nil

list of local variables

• bgm   # a RPG::AudioFile instance or nil

List of Instance variables used

• @playing_bgm

but it dose with every method it explains what it dose, see^^ method description, or do you mean in more detail?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

*slaps self* I probably overlooked it. You might wanna organize your post a bit differently. ._.;
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

*UPDATE* added Game_Switches, Game_Variables, and Game_SelfSwitches.
note that I will likely run out of space LONG before the over view is finished so it might be moved to a file for down load
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

M3T41 AG3

srry 4 this but i really wanted to know what happened to this? like is it still going on else where or what.

ForeverZer0

Yes, I agree with Blizz. It doesn't do much good to know what each method/variable is when you have no idea how to actually use it. Although it will help people to have them pointed out, and from there they can learn by experimenting, which is how most of us first learned.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Ryex

wow, I completely lost track of this project.

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on May 05, 2010, 11:35:34 pm
Yes, I agree with Blizz. It doesn't do much good to know what each method/variable is when you have no idea how to actually use it. Although it will help people to have them pointed out, and from there they can learn by experimenting, which is how most of us first learned.

the point of this was to provide a reference for the RTP scripts so that budding scripters could have what the methods do explained and then they can experiment and learn faster. as opposed to having to read the methods and try to figure out what they do

I'm not sure if I want to continue this or not....

Blizzard

I think you should. I'm stickying this topic now. :)
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.