Levels becoming a problem?

Started by Blizzard, June 10, 2009, 03:35:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Ok. I have given Meta a level up just 15 minutes ago for a long post that was well written (not grammatically correct, mind you) and just a minute ago I see him back at -100. This isn't funny. If people keep abusing the level system like this I will add logging of level ups so I can exactly see who leveled up/down whom and when. I am not going to point my finger now and I am not going to demand that this member admits it.

So please stop being stupid. People can change. And people will change sooner if you give them a chance. And they will also change if you encourage them to change. And I don't think Meta will stop being a spammer if he's being bashed. -100 is currently the lowest energy at the forum and I really doubt that Meta is hated or even the most hated person here.

I will stop now before this thread gets classified as intelligent debate.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Diokatsu

How the hell did I earn 30 levels?

fugibo

Quote from: Diokatsu on June 10, 2009, 04:48:26 pm
How the hell did I earn 30 levels?

Agreed.

And I only leveled him down once for no reason, even. I've only leveled him up since.

Vell

I don't typically even use the Energy levels except to create some lultastic event.

Diokatsu

Kind of an unnecessary feature actually. It would be nice if we could "Thank" posts. Like, if the post was really helpful or contributed tons to a thread, then there should be a "Thanking" option for the post itself. Your number of "Thanks" could go below your avatar instead.

Blizzard

We already have a thread about what you give energy for. :P

Yeah, thanking might be actually more useful. But then you could see who thanked and who didn't which I want to avoid.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

Wasn't me. I only leveled him down a little bit back when he was still an uber n00b. I know he's changed now.

Blizzard

Well, maybe that person / those people leveling him down will stop now. ;_;

legacyblade

*levels up metanight to make up for some of the level downs others have committed.*

Vell

Tazero

:D It's fine it's just a statistic, a number nothing more then 0 =D It's kinda annoying but hey ;)

If you were a fish...

Starrodkirby86

Give it no attention and it won't become a problem. Give it attention and it might become a problem.

Dude, why compare Levels to other people? It's like comparing penis sizes. You're not going to kill the other guy for such a hi--Never mind that, I'll get a better example. :V: But you see my point, right?

Pay no giant mind to it or don't be a big advocate on it. That's what I say at least.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

tSwitch

Level is the same as Rep from RMRK
if people take it seriously, then it becomes a problem
if people don't, then we don't have to worry about regulations on a completely non-serious system.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Blizzard

Hence why I said "it's not funny". It's becoming serious. D: Don't do it! D:

Sally

i like the idea of, thanking a topic. and you dont have to show who thanked, just put somewhere at the topic, 'thanked,
  • times'  or something.. and you shouldnt put in the users thing how many times they thanked.