[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KK20

That would be my guess too, but it's still pretty weird.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

whitespirits

Hi guys me again, I have just been sitting waiting for a fix for this Gmaster issue, a played my game with few guys other day and for me I could hardly play on the maps cause they lagged compared to me, does any 1 have time to make a fix for this?

whitespirits

sorry double post can any1 left help at all with fixing the map host issues?

KK20

Frankly, I don't see anyone willing to do it.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

whitespirits

I know :( Its a really good stable system, just the gmaster kills it with lag

Esos15

Hello everyone!
I've go a problem. I've tried open the RMX-OS server on Ubuntu 10.04. I installed MySQL database and Ruby 1.8.7. When everything has been installing I turned on RMX-OS.rb (command: ruby RMX-OS.rb &) I saw an error: "Error: The configuration file was not set up properly!". I don't know what's wrong.

My configuration file:
NAME = 'Server'
HOST = '[here is my vps' ip]'
PORT = 54269
GAME_VERSION = 0.1

DEBUG_MODE = false
LOG_MESSAGES = true
LOG_ERRORS = true
LOG_ACTIONS = true

MAXIMUM_CONNECTIONS = 50
LOGIN_TIMEOUT = 120
AUTO_RESTART = true
RESTART_TIME = 5
USE_IP_BANNING = true
RUBY_PROMPT = false
OPTIMIZE_DATABASE_ON_STARTUP = false
EXTENDED_THREADING = true

SQL_HOSTNAME = '127.0.0.1'
SQL_USERNAME = 'root'
SQL_PASSWORD = '[here is my password]'
SQL_DATABASE = 'rmxosdb'

INBOX_SIZE = 20

EXTENSIONS = [
]

Blizzard

You need a higher Ruby version. 1.8.7 is not supported. Check the manual to see which version is supported.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Esos15

I installed new version and opened RMX-OS.rb. There is an another error:

/usr/local/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require': libmysqlclient.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory - /root/RMX-OS/Server/bin/2.0/mysql_api.so (LoadError)
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'
        from RMX-OS.rb:72:in `<main>'

Blizzard

Hm, weird. Maybe try Ruby 1.9.x. I think that the Linux mysql.so was originally compiled for Ruby 1.9.1.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Esos15

Hello again. I removed ruby 1.8 and installed 1.9.1. Still nothing  :???: :

RMX-OS.rb:70:in `require': no such file to load -- socket (LoadError)
        from RMX-OS.rb:70:in `<main>'

Blizzard

You probably need to set up your binary paths for Ruby. Sorry, but I don't know how to do this on ruby. :( Try also to make sure that the socket library for Ruby is installed.

SDKing291

Hello, I have been trying to get my friends to play d&d for a while and they just don't like the non game-play aspect of it.I stumbled upon rpg maker and it looked AWESOME. So before I did anything else I wanted to check if it would be multiplayer. I found this and I thought it was all going to workout, but i had one question. If I buy the game, make a world, download the script, host a server, and do whatever needs to be done, do my friends also need to buy the game. If you could respond and give me an answer that would be great. thank you so much for all the hard work you have done.

Blizzard

Nope. To make a game, you have to buy an RPG Maker (in this case "RPG Maker XP"). But how you distribute your game to the world, that's up to you.

jria

Does anyone uses this script until now? Help me please . I don't know where to configure the SQL database name, port, server and host. Thank you for your response!

deucerer

I did all the step-by-step instructions, I installed the appropriate version of RUBY, unfortunately when I want to run the RMX-OS.rb file, the console closes after one second.
Does anyone know why this is happening?

Mason Wheeler

Deucerer, if you want to find out why, try running it from a command-line window.  Then the console will stay open and you'll be able to read whatever it says.

If you don't know how to use the command line (because a bunch of people don't), create a text file named "RMX-OS.cmd" in the same folder.  It should say exactly this:

RMX-OS.rb >output.txt 2>&1

Run that instead of the Ruby file, and it'll create an "output.txt" file containing the output from the server.

deucerer

The only error that the console shows me is:

RMX-OS.rb:4:in `load': cannot load such file -- src/Data.rb (LoadError)
        from C:/Users/mate/Desktop/RMX-OS/Server/RMX-OS.rb:4:in `<main>'

Mason Wheeler

OK. Does that file exist?  (It should.  If so, try running that file and see if you get a more detailed output.  If not, you'll want to re-download and reinstall RMX-OS.)

deucerer

The file exists and RMX-OS has just been re-downloaded from the official theme.

Mason Wheeler

So what happens if you try to run it directly?  If it's erroring out trying to load it, then running it should give you some sort of error message. (Hopefully!)