Shattered Infinity

Started by Azuriyuu, June 22, 2009, 02:12:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Azuriyuu

Howdy, all.  I'm starting a team to work on an RPG which I have been working on and thinking of the designs for several years.  However, the scope of this project is...well, a bit on the big side for one man.  So I'm looking for people to help me.  I'm -especially- looking for a scripter to help me out, to assist in my game.  So far the features I have planned are...

Multi-tiered Status Effects: Status Effects have a Minor, Major, and Severe stage, including Drowzy(Behaves similarly to a mix of Sleep and Blind), Cursed(Lessens the effect of healing spells used on the character), and positive status effects such as Alert(Raises accuracy and evasion and allow critical attacks).

Item Creation System: A dynamic item creation system by which you can build weapons, armor, and potions from various item creation shops.  The only items that one can buy directly are materials, however to simplify matters you can commission shop owners to build items at a higher cost, but without having to worry about finding materials.

Seven Characters, Skills and Genius Skills: There are seven main characters, each of which can level up in any way and gain almost every skill.  However, each of the characters have 'Genius Skills'; a synthesis of two different skills which they themselves can learn as their own unique abilities.

Advanced Elemental Circle: An element system in which even without factoring in enemy weaknesses, elements play an important role.  Using the five chinese element system, in which each element generates one other and defeats one other.  In addition to simple weakness and resistances, using the elements in the order of the generating circle (i.e. Fire, then Earth) can increase the effectiveness of elemental spells, including healing and status spells.  Additionally, there's a seven-day elemental week, which boosts the power of certain elements.

Various Difficulties: Four planned difficulties: Easy(For casual RPG players), Medium(Persona 3-like difficulty), Hard(Persona 3 Hard Mode-like), and Hero(...For experts only)

I'm intending on making a very long and involved game, and while I have an idea of how I want everything to be gameplay-wise, but I welcome anyone on the team who is committed and thinks that they have something to add to the project.

Arkaea Halfdemon

That all sounds very good. But I'd be interested in a lil' bit of the story, or characters  :). The story is the most fun part of RPG maker, I think. It's another way to express!

Azuriyuu

I'll be posting some plot details soon once I'm no longer a bit shaken up.

Real Life events have kept me from being into the RPG Maker scene for a week or so.  Much lulz.  Only not really lulz.  Things are settling down, though.