Chaos Project Online

Started by Blizzard, June 24, 2009, 11:56:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Your opinion

I want to help.
14 (100%)
I like the idea, but I don't want to help.
0 (0%)
I don't like the idea at all.
0 (0%)
This project will fail with a chance of 100%.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Blizzard

June 24, 2009, 11:56:34 am Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 03:23:25 pm by You
What you just read.

Now, it looks like it's already a public secret. There are a few separate groups who want to make an MMO featuring our forum and using RMX-OS. So why don't we put our effort together?

I was first against it because there is no server for it that we could use. But I talked to jcsnider and he would be glad to host the server.
Who would be up for something like this? And I mean people really want to work on it. Not people just saying that they want to help and when help is really needed, nobody actually does anything. I am talking about some dedication here. Nobody asks you to put to before school, your girlfriend/boyfriend or things like that, but if you're given a task, it would be nice if you would actually do a 2-hour task within a week. If we're going to do this, I will make new sections at the forum. So who would actually be up for something like this? I am just asking who would want to actually start a project like this. Absolutely no game details are to be discussed here (i.e. stories, features, etc.).

CP Online Project Board/Thread:

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=3930.0
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

It certainly depends on what the tasks are and how cumbersome and time-consuming they might be if I were to work on it. I can always just be ubiquitous about it anyway, and still see some work. Who knows.

If the task isn't too heavy, I'll consider going for it.  :up:

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

Don't you worry about that. I've had several courses with project management in college. xD

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

King Munkey

Sounds interesting. If we could get the whole or most the forum to work on this. Then we could probably come up with something very interesting. I may be interested in doing it though.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Blizzard on June 24, 2009, 12:00:09 pm
Don't you worry about that. I've had several courses with project management in college. xD

All right, then's it all good. I'll see to it around helping and being a whole whip-lashing slave driver through this whole course.

The only thing I'll worry about it your good body.  :-*

Man, actual MMO discussion is so tempting here.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

King Munkey

Yes but alas no. Maybe a poll would have been good. To let people vote on whether they would help on it or not.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

Aqua

Well, I'm not sure how much effort I'd be able to put in once schools starts again...
But I'll always be available for some advice and stuff.
And maybe skill making too... XD

Ryex

Well as I see it we are already farther along that RPG Palace ever was thanks to you Blizz and it you mad RM-OS work with Blizz ABS then we would be farther along that most would of though possible. I'll all for it as long as the project is well manged other wise as all co-lab projects it is doomed to fail, I'm sure you know what i mean by well manged but for anyone who dose not I'll lay it out for you. When the project is first started everyone has a clear goal in mind. when some one is given a task (ie. a map) they know exactly what purpose that map has to fill and all that. every one must know who is on charge of each part of the project and how to contact them, so and so forth

while I realize that this project has not gone far enough to need something like this i would like to make a suggestion
when we start the project everyone (or the mapping, eventing team and the scripting at the least) should be able to download a "Test Bed" or a project that has all the scripts that we are going to use in it along with useful debug tools, that way as the project progresses we don't have to worry about differences every one is using the same project base.  make any sence? but i think i'm going off topic  so i'll sum up my post. I'll join this project if it starts and do my best to keep it together if the need arises.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

I know that, Ryex. But as I said, several groups of people actually want to do something and maybe this project won't fail then. And yes, I was going to have it all well-planned.

*adds poll*

Arkaea Halfdemon

This is an ... interesting idea. Featuring the CP forums, eh? I'm not quite sure how that'll work out, but I don't need to know. If this project takes off, and needs a mapper, or someone to send in a couple sprites that I might have somewhere, then I'll be glad to help. I have my own game to work on, but a couple of extra maps weekly isn't all that hard... and it's good practice.

Oh, and I can come up with a couple crazy plot twists if necessary.

Subsonic_Noise

June 24, 2009, 12:57:51 pm #10 Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 01:01:08 pm by Subsonic_Noise
I would like to help^^
Don't know if i'll be usefull though... I am a kinda-decent mapper + I could perhaps provide some music,
I'm not really shure about that because I cant't really write music on demand. You can look at my music thread
to decide whether I'll be useful or not...  

([EDIT])

King Munkey

No discussion about the actual game in this thread. This is just to see if it would be a good idea.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

Pokol DaErran

I'd be glad to help...  but I've got a lot of other stuff to do, so don't expect too much output from me XD
"...Sometimes, the impossible can become possible- if you're awesome!"
--Bolt

G_G

I like the idea and I wanna help!!!

Ryex

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on June 24, 2009, 12:57:51 pm
I would like to help^^
Don't know if i'll be usefull though... I am a kinda-decent mapper + I could perhaps provide some music,
I'm not really shure about that because I cant't really write music on demand. You can look at my music thread
to decide whether I'll be useful or not...  

([EDIT])

Good music would be a great help so I don't know what your talking about you will defiantly be useful in fact there are very few people her that DON't have talent in one area or another.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

jcsnider

I will be glad to host the server, the least I can do, and I will try to help if I can.

Ryex

just curious but who are these groups of people who brought the idea to you, are they from another forum?

Blizzard

No, they are from here. Both WcW Longfellow and Ulta suggested that to me even though I had thoughts about that some time earlier already. In the recent days I found out that Sally and G_G wanted to make one and a few other groups as well. ;_; So I thought, let's unite.

Hellfire Dragon

I'd help, if you need eventing, otherwise I don't think i can do much else :P

So yeah, I'd be up for some eventing. Seems like a fun idea ^^

Blizzard

Alright. I think this project has potential to actually get done (especially since there are 11 votes for "I want to help" only O_o). I'll make some new sections and prepare everything.