Threads by User Alphebetical Order

Started by Calintz, June 29, 2009, 01:00:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

Hey Blizzard,

I had a suggestion for the website. I was wondering if you could possibly make an option in the user's control panel that would display all of the threads inside the main sections of the forum in alphabetical order according to the username of the thread's starter?? Then, the order of each users' threads would be determined by their most recent threads, to their oldest ones.

This would be helpful for a number of reasons ...

It would allow the members to locate a thread or topic created by a particular user more accurately and more quickly as all of their threads in relation to the current section could be found in one spot, and their most recent contributions would be listed first. Even better (because I'm an organization freak) the entire forum would appear neater and extremely more organized.

There also would be no need to change the new posts feature ...
You could still leave all unread posts at the top of the section, and then when they have been viewed accordingly, or marked off as read, then they can be returned to their origins.

If you added an A-Z selection tool inside the sections, then the members could scan for the creator of the threads even quicker. Let's say you're trying to find an old post (or another member has directed you to an old post in hopes that it will help solve your problem - this happens all the time here at CP) and you (or the person who directed you there) knows who started the thread, but can't recall what page of the section to look in ... you could just click on the letter of the thread starter's username, and it would take to all of the threads that he/she has created inside that section, and you will be able to reach it much quicker than traditional searching.

If this is too much of a hassle, then disregard, but I think the organization would make things a heck of a deal easier to find things.

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

Lawlzelz. You clickz on the headerz.