Fatal Destiny: Path of Choice

Started by RadethDart, July 30, 2009, 09:42:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RadethDart

July 30, 2009, 09:42:24 am Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 03:23:02 pm by RadethDart

Game Genre: RPG
Approximate Gameplay: 2-3 Hours depending on style of gaming.
Download Link: http://www.radethproductions.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=3
Demo Link: Download
E-mail: admin@radethproductions.com
Trailer: (I will upload a new one soon when I can get better video, but for now...)
Spoiler: ShowHide

Screen Shots
Title

Battle

Ice Puzzle

Rock Puzzle

The 'Inanimate'

Castle Walk-up

Tough Love

Radeth is alive?!

Part 2 Release Date

Credits
Fatal Destiny: Path of Choice

Director
---------------
Joshua Long

Programming
---------------
Joshua Long
Dubealex - Advanced Message System (Thanks!)
Atoa

Event Systems
---------------
Joshua Long

Graphics and Art
---------------
Enterbrain (Base Templates)
Joshua Long
Elizabeth Wilkie

Music and sound
---------------
Enterbrain
Joshua Long

Mapping
---------------
Joshua Long
Tindy - rmxp.org
Wyatt - rmxp.org

Storyline
---------------
Joshua Long

Character Development
---------------
My friends that I hang out with every day.

Voice Acting
(Sadly, I did all of the voices...except for 1)
---------------
Joshua Long
Austin Payne ("The choice is yours.")

Beta Testers
---------------
Joshua Long
Johnathyn Long
Matthew Long
Elizabeth Wilkie

Development
---------------
Joshua Long
Austin Payne

I.   Game Overview
Two young adventurers, Joshua Reef and Lars Spindle, are in need of adventure from their boring town of Faith. So, the two 15 year-olds decide to take a long journey to the Island of Hope, and along the way are faced with difficult decisions they must overcome with their choices. Through their long journey they meet up with different people that help them overcome some of their difficult decisions; even if it means getting into some trouble. Throughout the game, Joshua and Lars are challenged with choices that they have to make; the choices they make is how their fate is determined.

II.   Game Play Mechanics
Active Time Battle
   Good & Evil Choices
   Luck Dependency
   Party Personalities
   In-depth, Active Story
   Intense Boss Battles

III.   Controls
Character Movement/Basic Controls -

UP ARROW            Move UP
   DOWN ARROW          Move DOWN
   RIGHT ARROW         Move RIGHT
   LEFT ARROW          Move LEFT
   SPACE/ENTER                  Accept/Continue/Interact
   Esc                Menu (on map)/Cancel

IV.   Saving and Loading
Saving is implemented throughout the game with the mating rabbits, but the player is allowed to save at any time by going into the main menu and saving.

V.   Interface
There is a really basic interface that is used throughout the game. While on the map, there isn't a HUD, but in battle, there is the battle commands, character stats, and the enemies and characters on-screen.

VI.   Menu and Screen Descriptions
In the main menu, there are many options to choose from. You have: Items, Skills, Equipment, Status, Save, Map, Options, Exit, Path. The first option, Items, is where you keep everything you pick up. The skills option allows you to use one of the character's abilities that they have. (Only certain skills can be used from the menu, such as healing.) The equipment choice is where you can go to equip and un-equip your characters with armor and weapons. The status choice allows you to view that status of individual characters. The save choice is really self-explanatory, but when it is grayed out, you can't save. In the map choice, this allows you to view the whole map that you are on instead of a 640x480 view of it. The options menu allows you to change the sound effects volume, the background music volume, and the color of the window skin (Green, Red, Blue). The exit option takes you to a menu that allows you to either exit to the title, exit the game, cancel the action, or view the credits. The path option brings you to a menu that allows you to view your party's habits and paths that the player chose to take.

VII.   Game World
King Joseph has control of the world and is slowly losing power as a cult called the Chaos Thieves is taking over the King's Army. The Chaos Thieves are using their power and persuasion to draw in new members to their cult every day. Everything is about to turn as Joshua Reef is accepted into the King's Army where he is supposed to fight against his father to stop the Chaos Thieves from taking over everything King Joseph has started. Chaos has broken out, and ambushes and raids are becoming a regular part of everyone's day. The time has come where people need to make their choice in helping the King, or helping the Chaos Theives.

VIII.   Levels
Basically, there aren't any real "levels" in Fatal Destiny, but there are chapters. These can be considered levels in the game, and so there are 8 levels, all of these levels are different chapters in the game.

IX.   Game Progression
Throughout the game, you play as many different characters that take part in Joshua's life. They come and go, help and destroy, but Joshua is very appreciative of the help that he has been getting from all of his encounters with people. Soon, he realizes why he met the people that he did, and what they were supposed to do for him.

X.   Characters
Main Characters
   Protagonists
Joshua Reef, Matthew Cartega, Lars Spindle
   Antagonists
   Sierra Felheart, Radeth Dart

Supporting Characters
Garrett Francis, Michael Speil, Nick Small, Kelsea Helen, Johnathyn Nicholas, Kaitlen Kross, Austin Faren, Joseph Neil, Justin Cardell

XI.   Non-player Characters
Also known as NPCs, the main NPC of the game is, Radeth Dart. He is one of the main Antagonists that gives Joshua Reef as much trouble as he can in order to get him to do his bidding before the time comes where Joshua trusts no one, and becomes a part of the King's Army.

XII.   Enemies
Throughout the game, there are many enemies, but the main enemies being fought are the Chaos Thieves.

XIII.   Puzzles/Mini-games
Fatal Destiny has many mini-games and puzzles to solve, but as you progress in the game, they become more difficult and more meaningful to the story.

XIV.   Bonuses
There are plenty of bonuses in the game depending on the paths that you take along your journey. Many of these bonuses include special items depending on how you combine your choices. The main bonus in the game is given when every piece of Majestic Cloth and every Chaos Fang are collected. This bonus will give you the Chaos Blades, which are the strongest blades in the game, and everyone can use them.

XV.   Cheat Codes
As of right now, there aren't any cheat codes yet.

XVI.  Battle Formations
Fatal Destiny Battle Formations
*P = Player Position in formation
*Formations can be used in any direction. These formations shown are setup for
left formation with the player leading in front.

Formata Regula - This is the basic formation.
||
P|
||
Formata Darta - One of the more useful formations, this formation is used to break through doors.
||
P|
||
Formata Circa - Not a common formation. Circa can be used to watch each other's backs.
| |
P   |
| |
Formata Spread - A more common formation used to flank enemy positions.
|
|
P |
|
|
Formata Ell -    Not used in modern combat, but very useful for a sneak and slaughter.
|
P|

||
|
Formata Covra - A spread formation used to cover more area faster. (Can't be used for small areas.)
|
   |
P |
    |
|
Formata Legendaria - The most effective battle formation. This formation is used to smash enemy forces with ease.
  ||
P |
|  |
Formata Unkownaia - A formation that no one has ever mastered the technique.
  |
P|
  ||
  |

Game Genre: RPG
Approximate Gameplay: 2-3 Hours depending on style of gaming.
Download Link: http://www.radethproductions.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=3
Demo Link: Download
E-mail: admin@radethproductions.com

GAX

Alright, I'll just come out and say now that you may want to rethink making this commercial, as you're using RTP stuff.

In order to make an RPG Maker commercial, you have to have permission from ALL groups who have created resources for your game (Meaning the artists or those who own the rights, NOT the resource sites alone), along with all those who have made scripts for your game (unless you yourself have written the scripts).

I don't know Enterbrain's policy regarding using RPG Maker XP's RTP to make commercial games, but I should also note that not many people would pay money for an RPG Maker-made game, it's just too limited (2D RPGs aren't exactly limited, but RM games themselves are significantly limited).

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

Selling a game that has RTP is fine if you bought RMXP and credit Enterbrain for it. We had a few threads about this.

But I suggest that you rather come up with original graphic instead of using the RTP if you want to go commercial. As for the other rights, what GAX said. Basically you need permission from everybody whose resources/scripts you have used.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

RadethDart

I know, people have been telling me this a lot, but I think that this is good for my first game. I will make sure to use custom graphics in my next games, but I am going to get this one out and sell a few games before I make custom graphics. I have been using this to improve my skills over the years, and I thought that maybe I should actually release something ,so i hope that at least some people will download this game. :P Anyways, I understand where you guys are coming from on the whole credit thing...

My sister is the artist, and those scripts that I am using are not under a non-commercial use. The resources that I am using is all RTP and edits by me, so since I bought RMXP for the whole $60, I am aloud to commercialize my game. :P I know I am supposed to do custom graphics, and I plan to in my next games, so thank you for the feedback on this.

Blizzard

Alright then. Just making sure you don't have problems later. ^_^
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

RadethDart

July 30, 2009, 02:33:04 pm #5 Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 03:28:53 pm by RadethDart
Thanks for watching out for me, Blizzard. :D

EDIT:
The download link for the whole game is now up!

Lost_Hope

man I'll be honest, Id play the game but I don't care how much it costs. If it has 2-3 hours of game play and has RTP in it then I just couldn't see myself buying it. sorry bro.