3D RPG Maker (for noobs)

Started by RoseSkye, August 05, 2009, 05:09:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Magus

lol everyone bashes on n00bs XD

I looked at the 3d builder... well, the youtube video for about a few seconds and it looks pretty damn easy. I'll probably consider this if I feel like leaving rpg maker for a while
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Subsonic_Noise

It indeed looks really shitty... uhm, did i say that out loud?

RoseSkye

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on August 06, 2009, 02:27:12 pm
It indeed looks really shitty... uhm, did i say that out loud?

No you didn't, you typed it.

Subsonic_Noise

legacyblade

Typing is like saying it out loud forever. If anyone missed you saying it, it will still be there for them to see. I think once this software is out of beta, it'll probably be like RPG Maker 3 for the PS2. Not much real power, but it's great for the n00bs.

RoseSkye

Quote from: legacyblade on August 07, 2009, 03:31:50 pm
Typing is like saying it out loud forever. If anyone missed you saying it, it will still be there for them to see. I think once this software is out of beta, it'll probably be like RPG Maker 3 for the PS2. Not much real power, but it's great for the n00bs.

*cough* Except me.. I have a really pro 3D Modeler at my disposal.

Subsonic_Noise

I personally like 3d game studio. It's well balanced between easy handling and professional possibilities.

RoseSkye

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on August 08, 2009, 10:15:52 am
I personally like 3d game studio. It's well balanced between easy handling and professional possibilities.

This.

Blizzard

A new age of shitty 3D games is approaching.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

Quote from: RoseSkye on August 08, 2009, 10:11:17 am

Yes, but that will improve the graphics, not the engine itself. (I have the newest version of Maya legal payed for, yet I still know that even with all custom models this would probably still make only a n00b game.)

RoseSkye

August 08, 2009, 04:23:12 pm #11 Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 04:25:04 pm by RoseSkye
Quote from: legacyblade on August 08, 2009, 03:51:01 pm
Quote from: RoseSkye on August 08, 2009, 10:11:17 am

Yes, but that will improve the graphics, not the engine itself. (I have the newest version of Maya legal payed for, yet I still know that even with all custom models this would probably still make only a n00b game.)

Spoiler: ShowHide

Projection, mah boi!?

G_G

if you think these things are for n00bs check these two out,

This one you just click things, theres even a random game generator
http://t3dgm.thegamecreators.com/

This one is a bit harder but still easy as heck...its got its own scripting language as wel
http://www.fpscreator.com/

legacyblade

I think THIS 3D game maker is for n00bs. I didn't say anything about the many great 3D game making programs, its just this particular one (RPG Builder 3d) is obviously geared towards n00bs. Only the really early beta (if you can even call it beta yet) has been released, and it doesn't offer much ability to experiment with the program. However, I don't think it'll have much power in terms of customizability. But that's just what I think from seeing these pre-beta videos and playing with the pre-beta program.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: game_guy on August 08, 2009, 11:48:53 pm
if you think these things are for n00bs check these two out,

This one you just click things, theres even a random game generator
http://t3dgm.thegamecreators.com/

This one is a bit harder but still easy as heck...its got its own scripting language as wel
http://www.fpscreator.com/

NOOOOOOOOO! Delete it! These are the shittiest programs ever made. RMXP is professional compared to this. I even believe you could do better 3d games in RMXP. Beleive me, I owned the fist one, it made me vomit.

Chaze007

August 10, 2009, 11:30:38 pm #15 Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 11:37:12 pm by Chaze007
sandbox is ftw <3!

QuoteNOOOOOOOOO! Delete it! These are the shittiest programs ever made. RMXP is professional compared to this. I even believe you could do better 3d games in RMXP. Beleive me, I owned the fist one, it made me vomit.

RMXP, has limits..these projects can be expanded, with the right codes and stuff =]..sandbox is pretty decent, I love it.
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

scoace13

August 11, 2009, 12:34:04 am #16 Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 12:38:11 am by scoace13
...just to say..."just because you have a good program doesn't mean you have a good game. and just because your program isn't professional grade costs-me-$4,000,000-a-month doesnt mean you cant make quality games". sure the 3d builder may not have the customisability of rmxp or the porwer of another more professional engine but thats not what matters a good game comes from a good developer not his program.  

edit:
...i must say though that one-click-make-a-game...was crap
scoace13, Eventman extrodnaire...so anybody seen any good movies recently <br />...whys is this here..........random fate...same reason im here...

legacyblade

while it's true a software won't make your game great and its all skill. If you're using a peice of crap development program, your game will be crap. Even if you make good use of what's there, if it's poorly coded, it will suck.

Blizzard

Quote from: scoace13 on August 11, 2009, 12:34:04 am
...just to say..."just because you have a good program doesn't mean you have a good game. and just because your program isn't professional grade costs-me-$4,000,000-a-month doesnt mean you cant make quality games". sure the 3d builder may not have the customisability of rmxp or the porwer of another more professional engine but thats not what matters a good game comes from a good developer not his program. 

edit:

Make your own engine. That's free except for the time you spent on making it. :P
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

RoseSkye

Quote from: Blizzard on August 11, 2009, 04:07:56 am
Quote from: scoace13 on August 11, 2009, 12:34:04 am

edit:

Make your own engine. That's free except for the time you spent on making it. :P

you have to pay attention then :o