Professor Layton

Started by Starrodkirby86, September 07, 2009, 04:54:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Starrodkirby86

Because we all know that the best gentlemen are the ones with top hats. :naughty: (OK, I don't get that reference)

Professor Layton is a DS puzzle game franchise. The second one's arriving on shores, and there's a third one coming up~

The puzzles can range from a wussy difficulty to a real head-scratcher, especially later in the game.

It's a great series, in my opinion, and some of the soundtrack's really excellent. *w* Discuss~

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Diokatsu

are any of the songs steppable?

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Diokatsu on September 07, 2009, 09:41:47 pm

are any of the songs steppable?

Is that all you really want? :p

Only one particular song I can think of, and that's Professor Layton's Theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ak_il8E8E

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Lore

Awesome game. I have it, but never got the time to get past the puzzle where you have to divide those seven pigs by dragging a rope between some posts.
That one really stumped me. Maybe I'll come back to it some day.
Facebook is like your fridge. You know nothing is in there, but you check every 5 minutes anyways.

Starrodkirby86

If you are ever going to play that puzzle again, try splitting between crosses or something kind of making things similar to Stars of David...I think.

Eh, there's one puzzle that I don't want to look up a solution for, but it's just too dang evil. >.>

Anyone know how to do a "Knight's Tour" game on an 8x8 chess board, starting from the top left? I don't want solutions; I'd like...hints (That aren't in-game :P).

Subsonic_Noise

I can't really say much about this game except the soundtrack is one of the best game soundtracks I've ever heard (except the music of Motoi Sakuraba, of course). If the gameplay is at least half as good as the music, I'll buy it. xD

Fallen Angel X

Professor Layton is proof that you don't need to be able to slay 100 men on the battlefield to be a grade A badass.

Looks cool, I might get it :3

WhiteDemon15

December 28, 2009, 01:53:24 am #7 Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 01:55:30 am by WhiteDemon15
I got Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box after X-Mas. Best way to describe it as...

Some puzzles, easy.
Some puzzles, MUTHA FUGGIN HARD!!!
Some, fair in challenge.

A good game in general.  :) Only problem is there's little reason to replay it after I beat it. :(

Quote from: Fallen Angel X on October 08, 2009, 11:14:02 am
Professor Layton is proof that you don't need to be able to slay 100 men on the battlefield to be a grade A badass.

I agree. A genius can be just as awesome. (Light Yagami and L, for example)

Starrodkirby86

Those geniuses aren't awesome. :V:

The puzzles that pose a true challenge are Layton's challenges...

Oh, and the Disappearing Act ones. I always had trouble with those. </3

fugibo

Have you seen that cracker's suit? He doesn't need anything to be badass.

Diokatsu

Quote from: WhiteDemon15 on December 28, 2009, 01:53:24 am

Why the hell does everyone think Death Note was good? @_@

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Diokatsu on December 30, 2009, 12:50:07 pm

*looks at his avatar*
I'm not biased about this or something, but Death Note was indeed quite awesome.

RoseSkye

Quote from: Diokatsu on December 30, 2009, 12:50:07 pm

Exactly, it was a show about grown men writing in journals about people they wanted to kill. Last time there was a show like that on nickelodeon... we called it 'Doug'. There are a few lulzy scenes though.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!" whilst dramatic music played in the background.

Caligatio

Quote from: Fallen Angel X on October 08, 2009, 11:14:02 am

Best line I've heard since months!