[XP] Skill Equipment System

Started by G_G, September 24, 2009, 11:20:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eternal

February 01, 2010, 01:30:55 pm #40 Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 01:32:08 pm by Eternal
I luved yanfly's vx one, but unfortunately, I think this one needs the different types that are visible in hers, such as offensive, defensive, healing, and "BADASS ULTRA MEGA SUPER-DUPER EXTREMELY ULTIMATELY ETERNALLY THE VERY BEST OF ANY F*CKING THING EVAAAAAAAAARHHHH". And Status-Altering.

see example below. Note that the badass thingamabob is "Ultimate"

You'll want to look at the part with the different circles with colours in them. If you look closely, you can see red, blue, green, yellow, black, and grey! PLUS you can see a weird circle with a crazeh line running through it in what's supposed to be gold, and a paralelogram/rectangle with a shadow (commonly known as a 'card') in a purple colour. Next to each of the colours, you can see a name and a number, the name being the name of the icon or type of type (...), and the number being how many you can have of that type of type (... - again) equipped at any given time. Of course, different classes/actor (/ maybe even races, to get some other use of your new script?) should have different limitations.

An example for THAT could be that a 'Badass Dark Warrior of the Extremely Dead and Also Pie' shouldn't be able to use five 'Healing Spells That Always Crits and That ALWAYS Heal 500% Of Every Actor and Enemy's Health!!', but instead have more of the badass thingamabob spells.

If you follow me, good for you! If you don't I really couldn't care less. Except for the fact that you're sliiiightly dumb. And former presidents aren't excused for being dumb here. Nor those that aren't former, but are actually president.

EDIT: Just hit me that I don't think I've replied to any of your scripts with a 100% nice comment :\ I never knew I was that mean :(

-Peace out

Blizzard

This isn't madness...

Spoiler: ShowHide
This... is... SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! (I just had to. :3)
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

@Blizz: LOL Nice

@Eternal: I'm not going to add different AP types. I'm keeping the script as is. I want to keep this script simple so it stays as is. Its a very nice idea though but I don't want to implement it.

Eternal

dragonwrath7

any chance you could make it so we can select which abilities must be equipped like this and which are always available?
that would really help, since I want my game to have augment abilities that need to be equipped like this, but I still want the normal command skills to be accessible at all times. I don't even want them to appear in the 'equip skill' menu.

...please?

G_G

Sorry I'm not gonna do it. I made the script the way I wanted it. That idea occurred to me but I like it this way.

Ralphness

Alton Wyte

How could I edit this so that if an actor learns a new skill while there is enough ap to learn it, it is automatically equipped? Say during a battle I have an actor learn a skill and I want him to be able to use it that battle.

Jragyn

Oh, well, as far as suggestions go, why not add a "passive skills" factor to this as well? Whether it be in conjunction to the 'passive skills' from TONs, or its your own, it would add to this simple yet ingenious system, if you could equip a skill called "STR + 20%" or "DEX + 40" and it did as the name suggested.

On that note of passive skills, you could really dive into a whole new field including dual-wielding passives, critical bonus, etc.

Passive skills in combination with skill equipping really adds customization to a game.
And I try to utilize them to some degree in in games I dawdle with, so if yu need further details or suggestions for passive skill ideas, jus ask :D

--JeR
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

G_G

I was thinking about making my own passive skills script that does all that and more.

Jragyn

Well... :D

I think the community of Chaos Project could appreciate it.
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

WhiteRose

Quote from: jragyn00 on May 14, 2010, 11:19:04 pm
Well... :D

I think the community of Chaos Project would appreciate it.

Fix'd.

G_G

Haha thanks. In that case I may get started on it tonight. Maybe not, I just got done throwing up. Think I'm gonna go rest for a little.

xeilmach

October 21, 2010, 11:37:19 pm #53 Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 12:24:23 am by xeilmach
Sorry for bringing up this topic, but it's an awesome idea.

I have :

Script "Skill" line 289 nomethod error

undefined "size"  for nilclass

This seems to happen for ID characters beyond 2

$scene = $scene =
Scene_SkillEquip.new(4)

Also, what's this eskills and eeskills?

----------------------------------------

Can anyone help, thank you.

EDIT: I believe this conflicts with Tankentai SBS, if that's the case, then maybe I'll make an event version
Quote from: Blizzard on November 17, 2010, 02:22:18 am
Don't worry if you lose your motivation at one point. Just keep doing something else, it should come back to you. If it doesn't, get back into it anyway. xD

TJ01

I´ve got a similar problem like FuriKuri.
When my characters level up, there comes a error:
QuoteScript ´Skill Equip´ line 194: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method `+´ for nil:NilClass

I also used a clean project, so it shoudn`t be a problem with the compatibility with other scripts.

G_G

Jragyn

Its been almost a year G_G, hows that passive skill's script coming? haha.

TJ01

Wohoo, I think I fixed it.
It isn`t a big change, but well, this is the first time I believe, that I understand a script.
In line 186(default), change:
Quote@ap += GameGuy.ap_gain(@id)

to:
Quote@skillap += GameGuy.ap_gain(@id)
      @skillmaxap += GameGuy.ap_gain(@id)

Hope this is right, but it works in my game ;)

Notification:
The Skill Equipment System is not compatible with the "Materia-System"(from "SepirothSpawn" and the translated/modified ones)
The Skills, which are added by a materia aren`t appended in the Skill Equipment Screen.

G_G

May 06, 2011, 04:13:53 pm #58 Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 04:16:50 pm by game_guy
*adds materia to compatibility issues, goes to fix script*

EDIT:
*posted fix*
*adds to "List of Scripts to Improve" list*

Daclopeda

Is there a way to add this as a command in the menu. I mean so that I can call the scene from the menu?
I have  a lot of characters in my game and find it hard to find a way to call the skill equip scene for a certain character without using a lot of conditional branches and events...

(I hope you understand what I mean, my english isn't very good after all...)
"What goes around, comes around."