[XP] Ryex's Dynamic Sounds UPDATE:Version 2 is out!

Started by Ryex, October 18, 2009, 01:50:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

well i'm kinda caching up with life right now so It will be a little while till it is done but I should be to do it in as little as one weekend. so If i get the time it will be done. but that dosen't mean it is not being worked on. every time I have a free moment where I don't have much else to think about I'll often go over concepts and pseudo code in my head, so that when it gets time to code it know exactly what I'm doing. just wait  a bit longer (like a week... perhaps two).
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

X-Law

Hey!
A very nice script, this save a lot of work.
Well i found something strange, don't know if it is a glitch or something. In the demo, if you teleport to the other map while the 'fire' sound is playing the sound doesn't stop. It still playing in the new map.I tried it in my game too and got the same "problem". If you teleport while a sound is playing the sound will remain in every new map, i mean:
Map001 + sound ==> Map002 ==> Map003
And the sound's still looping in Map003.
It's not a big thing but just trying to help to improve the script ^^

AlbatrosStorm is on sale now!

Ryex

It should be simple to do, I'll add it in the next up date. but an easy way to fix it for now it to check the auto change BGS box on the map properties page none in an option there and will stop BGS's playing.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Ryex

I'll be releasing v2 of this script very soon. that means an event setup system se sources and even a BABS plug-in that allows you to use enemies as sources that stop playing when the enemy is dead! another option the script will have is that ability to use a script call to mute any source!

v2 will be released with an improved version of the DEE too.

Ryex

UPDATE to version 2.00
lots of new stuff. the most notable is event set up. Dynamic Position Sources, a BABS plugin, and a Manual that tells you how to set everything up

check the first post for information

Ryex

November 13, 2010, 05:15:10 pm #25 Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 06:09:34 pm by Ryexander
I found a bug that prevented volume limits form working with bgs sources, also fixed a minor bug that would make the script not work properly with other systems using the DEE. the change is made in anticipation of a new script I making, Ryex's Dynamic Weather Effects

Agckuu Coceg

Quote from: Ryexander on March 11, 2010, 12:31:08 am
UPDATE to version 2.00
lots of new stuff. the most notable is event set up. Dynamic Position Sources, a BABS plugin, and a Manual that tells you how to set everything up

check the first post for information

And I missed it? Damn! So many new goodies ...
I'm not retarded, but I'm busy. Sorry for patience.

Ryex

crap... there was ANOTHER bug with dynamic position sources. fixed now in 2.02

Ryex

November 15, 2010, 10:22:32 pm #28 Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 11:25:57 pm by Ryexander
ok one last bug fixed, I'm positive I cleaned them all out now. I also ensured compatibility with my soon to be released dynamic weather system and cleaned up the code a bit. I also updated the manual as the script calls changed a tiny bit
if your using the script it would be a good idea to update

Ryex

fixed one error to make it work with the new DEE.

swick

Hello there! Epic script! I love it. There's only one problem, and I know I must be doing something wrong so if somebody would clarify that would great.

I'm trying to use the Blizz-ABS plug in so that a monster can make a sound effect, and the sound would move along with it as it is coming closer. I can get the moving sound part to work, and I'm trying to make it so that when it dies the sound goes away. But I keep getting this error when I kill it:

"Script 'Dynamic Effects Engine' line 574: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'x' for nil:NilClass"

Can anyone help me out here? Thanks in advance. :)

Ryex

swick

Okay it worked! Now there's another thing. I can kill the enemy and the sound will go away. But when I put more than one enemy on the map I get this error:

"Script 'Dynamic Sounds' line 827: ArgumentError occurred.
wrong number of arguments(5 for 3)"

Ryex

ok thats weird. can you find that line and post it? it must be different from my version... because if it's the same it is an error that doesn't make any sense

swick

This is the line:
    super(x, y, width, height, power)

Maybe I changed something else in the script?

swick

Okay actually I replaced the script I had in there with a fresh one from the first page of this thread. Then it gave me an error saying I don't have DEE version 1.5 or higher, so I replaced the DEE that I had in there with a fresh version found on the first page (again). And NOW when I go to test the game it gives me yet another error saying: 'BABS Addon' line 32:NameError occurred. uninitialized constant RyexCFG::D_S

swick

Okay I fixed it. It works fine. For some reason it was giving me a problem with these 2 lines so I deleted the whole thing:

elsif RyexCFG::D_S::VERSION < 2.0
  raise 'ERROR: Ryex\'s Dynamic BABS Monster Sounds requires Ryex\'s Dynamic Sounds v2.0 or higher.'

After I deleted these 2 lines it works like it's supposed to. Is that good or bad?

Ryex

Bad, but not bad bad, I simply forgot that I renamed something. it's fixed now so get the newer version of the plugin.  also did your other problem just go away? what did you do?

swick

I think I had an older version of the script (I got it from HBGames I think) because I replaced that version with the one from this thread, and it worked after I did that.

Ryex