[XP] Continuous Maps

Started by Blizzard, December 14, 2009, 06:25:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

legacyblade

I suppose it could be done with fogs (haven't tested it). Just have, for each map, a fog the size of the room, and toggle it's visibility when you're in the room.

Blizzard

January 13, 2010, 05:45:29 am #41 Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 05:49:49 am by Blizzard
Yes, it can be done that way, but that's a RAM and HDD devourer. ._.

EDIT: HAHA! I'VE GOT IT! Since you need to use a combined tileset to combine maps, you can simply use two tilesets. One tileset is where the outer region is the main region. All other regions are darkened in the tileset itself. The other tileset is where the interior is the main region so the outer region is darkened. I can't remember exactly how I made it work, but I think as soon as you switch maps, the tileset is also switched. You basically need to have two tilesets for each interior/exterior combination where always one part is darkened.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

Wow o.o clever. Granted, that means we'd have to add building interiors to most tilesets, but seeing as how you're not going to find the satanic temple in every region (just to use your game as an example :P), it should work rather well. I'll have to experiment to try getting it to work. (I'm still trying to figure out how to resolve this with showing the exterior as well, but I'm sure I can come up with something :P (I mean I want to see the pretty front of a building :( )

Good thinking blizz, and thanks for such an awesome script :D

Blizzard

You could use 2 sets of maps that are connected. You'd just have to teleport from one to another. I didn't add the option to have a map within a map, but you can always simply put a few maps around the house with the house as middle map.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

Ah ok. Well if we can't have maps within maps, it'd eliminate my purpose in using continuous maps for houses in the first place (it'd simplify people calling for the guards while you're indoors). But This is a really great system, I'm glad you made it :D

Blizzard

No really. Just surround your inner map by 4 maps instead.

legacyblade

Oh, I see what you're saying. I'll try that out when I make my cities, and tell you how it goes :D

Hakuo

Have you already improved the script to divide bigger maps?
I really need this feature, but i'm bad in scripting.
my worldmap is to big (250x250) and it lags really bad =(

Blizzard

No, I haven't had time to work on it.

nathmatt

i found a bug while using Blizz-abs it buts all the enemies in ur starter map
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Blizzard

Lost King

I think he meant it puts all the enemies you made in linked maps in the map you start in, wasn't that an error with transfer player events before?
*Scribble Scribble* Oh right, not that sort of signature.

nathmatt

Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Blizzard

Ah, ok. As I said, I'll take a look at that when I have time.

The Niche

A: It might help to post the error.

B: Blizz don't support this anymore, or anything else for that matter, and I'm not sure anyone else understands this script well enough to fix bugs like that.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

G_G

Actually, he still supports all of his scripts. Sometimes he'll answer, sometimes he won't.

The Niche

Oh, right. Didn't know that. You gotta envy the guy's patience.
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

Blizzard

Ah, right. I completely forgot that I haven't gotten rid of all the bugs in this scripts.

The Niche

Yup. I've tried using it, but there's something about 'each' or something, I'll have to try it again to tell you.

The Niche

Yeah, that's about what happens to me, except I don't even get to start the game.