Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

Quote from: RoseSkye on April 30, 2009, 08:14:43 pm
Quote from: Youngster Gi Gi on April 30, 2009, 08:08:51 pm
Quote from: RoseSkye on April 30, 2009, 08:05:32 pm
Spoiler: ShowHide

Couple of tips. Save as .png .jpg is horrible.

2nd your tree part thing is below the player O.o

it isn't <.< I took the screenshot in the middle of the transition frame for walking.. he's actually stepping towards the square below him.

Also note that there is an albino blonde behind him.. and she's unintentionally invisible thanks to the fog moving in. I really didn't intend it but now I just find it funny.

Still looks wierd but nice mapping and lighting. How do you like my menu preview?

RoseSkye

April 30, 2009, 08:18:40 pm #461 Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 08:22:19 pm by RoseSkye
Quote from: Youngster Gi Gi on April 30, 2009, 08:17:17 pm
Quote from: RoseSkye on April 30, 2009, 08:14:43 pm
Quote from: Youngster Gi Gi on April 30, 2009, 08:08:51 pm
Quote from: RoseSkye on April 30, 2009, 08:05:32 pm

Couple of tips. Save as .png .jpg is horrible.

2nd your tree part thing is below the player O.o

it isn't <.< I took the screenshot in the middle of the transition frame for walking.. he's actually stepping towards the square below him.

Also note that there is an albino blonde behind him.. and she's unintentionally invisible thanks to the fog moving in. I really didn't intend it but now I just find it funny.

Still looks wierd but nice mapping and lighting. How do you like my menu preview?

*coughs* I have no idea what you're talking about *coughs*

OH! Yeah it's pretty cool guy. (and doesn't afraid of anything) it would be better if there were statistics under the charaset names.

Like Hilda
550/550
550/550

or Bars.. I find it basic.. but the most basic of things can be a gift.

G_G

Quote from: Youngster Gi Gi on April 30, 2009, 07:50:16 pm
A work of my Animated One Scene 8 Man CMS (Recommended for Blizz ABS)

Its almost done too :D

This. It was posted before your screenie

RoseSkye

Quote from: Youngster Gi Gi on April 30, 2009, 08:22:17 pm
Quote from: Youngster Gi Gi on April 30, 2009, 07:50:16 pm
A work of my Animated One Scene 8 Man CMS (Recommended for Blizz ABS)

Its almost done too :D

This. It was posted before your screenie

^ Edited my post before you posted
I approve, slightly.

G_G

Its still coming along. I'll try to squeeze statistics in there but its hard to do that with 8 men in one menu

OFFTOPIC
Its still coming along. I'll try to squeeze statistics in there but its hard to do that with 8 men in one menu  :naughty:

RoseSkye

Quote from: Youngster Gi Gi on April 30, 2009, 08:24:55 pm
Its still coming along. I'll try to squeeze statistics in there but its hard to do that with 8 men in one menu

OFFTOPIC
Its still coming along. I'll try to squeeze statistics in there but its hard to do that with 8 men in one menu  :naughty:

You know what'll be cool? If you removed Step count, G, and playtime and added something like an HUD for a character

or ..

"Monsters killed"
"Damage Dealt"
or something like that. . maybe both.

G_G

Quote from: RoseSkye on April 30, 2009, 08:28:10 pm

OFFTOPIC

You know what'll be cool? If you removed Step count, G, and playtime and added something like an HUD for a character

or ..

"Monsters killed"
"Damage Dealt"

*gets great idea for BABS plugin :naughty:*
Thnx RoseSkye! *powers up*

RoseSkye

Quote from: Youngster Gi Gi on April 30, 2009, 08:29:51 pm
Quote from: RoseSkye on April 30, 2009, 08:28:10 pm

OFFTOPIC

or ..

"Monsters killed"
"Damage Dealt"

*gets great idea for BABS plugin :naughty:*
Thnx RoseSkye! *powers up*

*Rose.. and yay I helped Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Mightylink

I guess I can post some shots, I still dont think im good but I definetly improved since I first started.

My first house, very bad :S

Then I remade it into this:

Big improvement :)

I started out with square looking maps like anyone else but later learned the basic rules of thumb, this is my first outdoor map:

And later I started doing ones like this:

Maby still a little open ended, I'm having a bit of controversy over the keep everything close rule, but since rmxp is at a much higher resolution then most 2d rpg's it feels more natural to spread things out a little bit.

My first outdoor town, very crappy lol

And here it is on my second try:

Its scaled better, the ground is more detailed, I followed the rule that areas people are likly to walk are more worn, I added thicker grass patches and bare spots and the house is scaled better.

I think I have improved a lot and I still got some more improvements to make, practice practice practice!

Zylos

This was an experiment to see how I could improve the original Midnight. The room itself looks much better, even without the lighting.

Mightylink

oooo i like that fallen chair in the middle, great detail :)

Sally

your hero kinda looks like the rival in pokemon gold/silver/crystal. from the back, i duno about from the front
looks good thou.

tSwitch

Quote from: Zylos on April 30, 2009, 09:09:53 pm

This was an experiment to see how I could improve the original Midnight. The room itself looks much better, even without the lighting.

you should seriously make the original a full game :O

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Sally

May 02, 2009, 08:19:35 am #473 Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 08:28:20 am by Lass Sally
MAP 82,50: ShowHide

just a map using the default mine all i did was the walls i decided to finish it when i actually want to use it, or if anyone of you guys want to use it. please comment.

Blizzard

Shape = good
Details = bad

The map is totally lacking floor details. O_o But the shape's alright.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

RoseSkye

Quote from: Lass Sally on May 02, 2009, 08:19:35 am
MAP 82,50: ShowHide

just a map using the default mine all i did was the walls i decided to finish it when i actually want to use it, or if anyone of you guys want to use it. please comment.

Good work Sally!

Sally

May 02, 2009, 02:50:05 pm #477 Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 03:51:50 pm by Lass Sally
uhm blizz, i said i was to lazy to just do a map for no point, i didnt do the details yet, ill do them if i decide to use the map. or when i get bored again.

but thanks for the comments guys!

edit:
before: ShowHide

after: ShowHide

because blizz wants some more detail =]

G_G

Nice sally! Those are really good. Too bad I cant map if my life depended on it but I'm trying to get better :P

Sally

thank, you, and don't worry, i
"have an artistic gift" -My Mom