The great choice..

Started by Tazero, January 01, 2010, 09:05:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazero

The choice being - Good or evil, Undead or Alive.

*1* Sure is sound retarded but keep reading ;_;.

*2* Making your story choice based.
- Making the story based on one storyline...BORING - Make a story changing choice (The best part about this is you can store this HUGE choice into a small variable =D)
- Try the fable approach.

*3* Making a game interesting has alot to with story and nothing to do with character depth? False.
-Make your characters the story, not just a thread that holds it together.

Last but not least - Add the interesting features! any game can look flashy but has no fun simplistic mini games important to the gameplay itself.~

~See Anima by: NAMKCOR and Zylos.. (Fuse breaker minigame)

By : Tazero more to come

If you were a fish...

winkio

January 02, 2010, 12:25:40 am #1 Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 12:29:08 am by winkio
Well this just seems like a "lets spout out a narrow opinion" thread, not a "this is some advice on game making that is based off of reality" thread.  =/

Blizzard

January 02, 2010, 10:33:08 am #2 Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 12:49:15 pm by Blizzard
I got the same impression.

Quote from: Tazero on January 01, 2010, 09:05:02 pm
- Making the story based on one storyline...BORING

And of course all early RPGs were successful because they all did not have just one single storyline.

*3* Making a game interesting has alot to with story and nothing to do with character depth? False.

Erm... a story without character depth is not an interesting story.

-Make your characters the story, not just a thread that holds it together.

Fable was actually very boring storywise.

Last but not least - Add the interesting features! any game can look flashy but has no fun simplistic mini games important to the gameplay itself.~

I thought we were talking about stories.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

Personally, I think Fable's story and characters were utter crap. I didn't care about the protagonist or his family at all, and I didn't really find anything interesting about the supporting cast.

Blizzard

LOL, I messed up my post. It should say "Fable was actually very boring storywise.". *fixes* I noticed that when I read your post, LF. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

RoseSkye

January 05, 2010, 06:00:38 pm #5 Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 06:04:42 pm by RoseSkye
I have a better thread...

The great choice...

Choose to be Rose.

By Rose Skye to come more (in your mother)

fugibo

Quote from: RoseSkye on January 05, 2010, 06:00:38 pm
I have a better thread...

The great choice...

Choose to be Rose.

By Rose Skye to come more (in your mother)

Your choice of destination for this thread is rather apt

It is sad, but true!

Starrodkirby86

Choice Based Games are pretty fun, but I would think it works best when Replay Value is high. I mean, if your player has the thought, "Hmm...What if I actually chose the Crossbow instead of the Sword?" or something, you know you kind of got it under control. 8-)

But that doesn't mean Linear Stories are bad...Really, I'm more on a fence here and I personally feel neither one outshines the other. ~_~

Add the interesting features? o: While it's true mini-games are nice and all, but they're simply bells and jingles; gimmicks. Your core gameplay is more important. Get that done, make it fun and appealing, and yeah...That's what makes the game more enthralling (Along with story execution, this that, yadda yadda yadda)

Let's see what else you'll bring to the table, eh Tazero?

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).