Started by Fantasist, January 08, 2008, 02:49:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

And there's your new custom title. <3
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

I'v officially moved to Arch Linux

it's interesting despite the fact that Arch come with no desktop environment by default and you literally start from scratch with a bare bones Linux base Arch is by far the easiest Linux I've ever used. there is just something about the incredible simplicity they have built into their tools, and the streamlining of the system in general that's refreshing for a bleeding edge distro. and disite the fact that it's a rolling relase bleeding edge system it still manages to be more stable and bug free than any ubuntu I've ever installed.

WARNING HUGE: ShowHide

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

WhiteRose

Quote from: Ryex on October 08, 2013, 07:39:56 pm

I'v officially moved to Arch Linux

it's interesting despite the fact that Arch come with no desktop environment by default and you literally start from scratch with a bare bones Linux base Arch is by far the easiest Linux I've ever used. there is just something about the incredible simplicity they have built into their tools, and the streamlining of the system in general that's refreshing for a bleeding edge distro. and disite the fact that it's a rolling relase bleeding edge system it still manages to be more stable and bug free than any ubuntu I've ever installed.

WARNING HUGE: ShowHide

I tried Arch Linux a few years back. I recall having some trouble getting used to the package manager, but that can probably be attributed to the fact that I was young and naive at the time (more so than I am at the moment, at least, :P)

Zexion

So I've never really tried themes before...
Spoiler: ShowHide

Everything just looks soooo cooool

PhoenixFire

Tried a new skin applier, called Rainmeter. Modified a JARVIS skinpack I found. Not too bad, has some cool features to it.

No idea why it won't preview as an image here though... http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=fa61c69
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Spaceman McConaughey

This was worth all the trouble getting installed.
Spoiler: ShowHide

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Colonel Blinx on January 19, 2014, 05:40:43 pm
This was worth all the trouble getting installed.

What OS, and on what type of computer? I see it's a Mac OS, but that's about all I can tell just by looking at the screenie..
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Spaceman McConaughey

OS X Mavericks, and my computer is a normal tower PC.

If you're curious what specs allowed me to achieve the installation, though, here (just trying to cover all bases):

NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 660
AMD FX 8350 8-CORE PROCESSOR
16 GB RAM

G_G

Don't forget to list your motherboard. The mobo has a lot to do with it as well. Some motherboards have troubles running it.

Spaceman McConaughey

I never really did know what my mobo is. :o

Ryex

My latest setup under Arch. I'm using the Cinnamon desktop and the Zukiwi GTK theme and Faience Icon theme

REALLY BIG: ShowHide
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

WhiteRose

@Ryex:  I like it. I actually use Arch in a VM for whenever I need to do Linux-y stuff (or compile use gcc, since getting it set up on Windows is apparently a much bigger ordeal than should be necessary,) but I've never actually set it up with a full Window manager and stuff. You have good taste in icon and window schemes. Classy, but not over the top.

@Blinx: I tried to set up an iAtkos installation a looooong time ago. I did finally get it running, but my computer at the time only had 512MB of RAM and was too slow to run it well anyway. Good times. Hahaha. It's a nice OS, though, for sure. :)

Taboo

Full pleb-tier clean desktop. No themes. No cool stuff. Just Windows 7. Unfortunately a large portion of my files were erased due to tomfoolery and I haven't had the time to reinstall my themes and stuff so...

Warning! May be quite large.: ShowHide

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: WhiteRose on January 30, 2014, 10:18:53 pm
@Blinx: I tried to set up an iAtkos installation a looooong time ago. I did finally get it running, but my computer at the time only had 512MB of RAM and was too slow to run it well anyway. Good times. Hahaha. It's a nice OS, though, for sure. :)

Lol, nice. It's always fun to try and get stuff running.

And yeah, it really is a good OS, definitely.
I wiped it to reinstall Windows, however, as I failed to find a suitable replacement for Sony Vegas (kind of a deal break, seeing as I'm big into video editing for my YouTube channel), and I had a massive craving to play the copy of Skyrim gameus bought me (dem mods). Oh well.

Whenever I have a second HDD to slap in my computer, however, I will reinstall it to there.
I already miss using Mavericks. :/

WhiteRose

Quote from: Taboo on February 01, 2014, 11:16:24 pm
Full pleb-tier clean desktop. No themes. No cool stuff. Just Windows 7. Unfortunately a large portion of my files were erased due to tomfoolery and I haven't had the time to reinstall my themes and stuff so...

That actually looks really nice; minimalistic and classy. I like your choice of background.

Taboo

Quote from: WhiteRose on February 01, 2014, 11:58:38 pm
Quote from: Taboo on February 01, 2014, 11:16:24 pm

That actually looks really nice; minimalistic and classy. I like your choice of background.

Thank you :D I usually try to keep from cluttering up my desktop with dozens of shortcuts.

StorocnekXx

February 23, 2014, 05:33:20 pm #656 Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 05:46:16 pm by StorocnekXx
So much random stuff.
I should really clean up more often.
Dem screens of LoL, dem random audios, dem dafuqisthiseverythinghere. :<
Thes background is... an insider with some friends. It has a long story, but whenever i see my desktop i need to giggle. :D
something random: ShowHide
I may have a lot of ideas to use, but I have no idea how to use them.

WhiteRose

You have Osu! :D Another Chaos Project named Starrodkirby loves that game. He hasn't been around much, but if he comes back soon, (which I hope he does,) you two should have an Osu duel... or something. Haha.

StorocnekXx

Quote from: WhiteRose on February 23, 2014, 07:22:23 pm
You have Osu! :D

Yeah! "Osu!" is awesome! But i totally suck at it, so I'd rather not contest with someone. :D
I may have a lot of ideas to use, but I have no idea how to use them.

Ryex

That's quite the desktop icon collection you have. personalty I prefer to keep mine clean and use a costume start-menu so I can start everything with out having to use my mouse.

Also, Osu! I too play that game. I got quite good at it back when star rod introduced it. I was ranked in the top 6000 players, but the community around the game has grown massively and my rank has fallen off significantly.