The "Post your Desktop" Thread

Started by Fantasist, January 08, 2008, 02:49:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteRose

Ryex, your desktops are always awesome. I aspire to one day take a step in your shoes and move forward from my simple life of desktop wallpapers with literally no icons or widgets outside the vanilla Windows 8 taskbar with Chrome and Explorer on it, as is my current setup.

Spaceman McConaughey

I just couldn't stay away for too long. :3
Spoiler: ShowHide

Don't worry, knee-jerkers; I'm running Windows on my second HDD.

G_G

I ended up putting Windows 8 on my computer since I have a legit copy of it and this computer is going to be my girlfriends since I'm getting a new one, I figured, why not.

Anyways, after some customization, tweaking, and installing some nifty tools, I give you my current simplistic desktop look for the next 10 days.

1920x1080 (Direct Link)

Ryex

ok, let me in on the secret, how are you theming it?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ForeverZer0

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

G_G

Which is also available for Windows 7. I know there is a free alternatives like that ux patcher or something other, but for one, I got it on sale for I think, 4.99 and I have a license that works on both Win 7 and 8. For two, the customization options on it are neat and a bit easier to tweak from what I remember from what I remember theming Windows 7.

Overall, I'm lazy and cheap. And found a quicker, yet cheap way to accomplish it.

Tazero

If you were a fish...

MarkHest

Ryex

YADS (Yet Another Desktop Screenshot)

With Arch all is possible: ShowHide

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Vell

I just use a bunch of fanart for games or anime or characters in general I enjoy.

Ryex

So, form time to time I actually DO use windows as it turns out :P

Ryex

What windows 10 looks like on my computer
(1920x2)x1080 BIG: ShowHide

Ryex

June 25, 2016, 05:32:11 am #692 Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 02:36:51 pm by Ryex
I'm now a "Programming Pr"o as I have a vertical monitor

G_G

Your image won't load. But I figured I'd show mine off as well. After lots of tinkering with Rainmeter, I made a desktop theme based off of one of my favorite subclasses in the game Destiny. Still some customization I want to do but I'm happy with its current state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM0QfMLd1ak
(Can't remember how to embed)

Ryex

Nice, kinda wondering how you got that snow effect.

also fixed link

G_G

This right here. It's got tons of customization options.

Ryex

G_G

So I upgraded to a 1440p/144hz monitor and it broke my old rainmeter setup. Decided to make a new, more simplistic one. Here's a couple of large screenshots and a video if you guys are interested.

Image 1 (Full Res) Before some color changes
Sized Down: ShowHide

Image 2 (Full Res) After some changes
Sized Down: ShowHide

Video

Blizzard

So, do you notice any significant difference with the 144Hz monitor?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

Quote from: Blizzard on September 05, 2016, 01:55:46 am
So, do you notice any significant difference with the 144Hz monitor?

Oh yeah. Huge difference. Gaming is super nice as well, I can run most games at max and still get at least 144 frames. Some games I have to tone down like the Witcher 3. But even using it on the desktop, animations are much more fluid, mouse movement feels more precise and scrolling with web browsers is a ton more smooth as well. I mean, I really enjoy having one.