[XP] Blizz-ABS Controller for RMX-OS

Started by Blizzard, January 17, 2010, 05:02:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

crzyone9584

Quote from: game_guy on February 06, 2010, 09:20:29 am
when I log in I end up in the top left corner of the map and thats not where I was when I entered that map D:

Re create your game save table. Adding this jacks up your save state. Should be fixed after you delete it.

Blizzard

Quote from: whitespirits on February 06, 2010, 09:19:44 am
Ive added all scripts for abs i can get ingame i walk a little and get an error in controller script on this line
  def send_actor_data(actor)
    data = create_character_data(actor)
    #self.send("MAA#{data}")
  end

end

*points to the note that says that allies are not supported*
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

crzyone9584

So same error different numbers this time

Orginal error
QuoteScript 'Blizz-ABS RMX-OS' line 161: NoMethodError occurred.

undefinedmethod 'creat_character_data' for
#<RMXOS::Network:0x81bf668

new error
QuoteScript 'Blizz-ABS RMX-OS' line 161: NoMethodError occurred.

undefinedmethod 'creat_character_data' for
#<RMXOS::Network:0x79a9b30

Yes scripts are right order, yes I have the extension loaded. This error happens when i walk.

Lost King

I get the same error, RMX-OS just loves me ;D, I've only got one person in my party, caterpillar is turned off, the moment I move, I get the line 161 error.
*Scribble Scribble* Oh right, not that sort of signature.

crzyone9584

February 10, 2010, 03:38:36 pm #24 Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 04:03:56 pm by crzyone9584
I wonder if its because of the 8 direction movement? Ill have to see.

Nope not because of 8 directions. Has to do with something. :'(

Aqua

crzyone9584

February 10, 2010, 03:41:58 pm #26 Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 04:04:56 pm by crzyone9584
Multiple times. or do i need to delete the entire database. I've just been resetting save data.

I recreated the entire database. Still get the same error after i move my character.

(sry guys who had a account on my dev server but like it said database would be re constructed now and then.)

Blizzard

February 11, 2010, 02:19:22 am #27 Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 02:22:28 am by Blizzard
Why do you people don't realize that it's a typo and that you should just change it to CREATE instead of CREAT?! -_-
BTW, it's create_actor_data in the script. I don't know how you managed to break it, but you did break it.
Also, I have said at least 50 times by now that this happens ONLY WHEN YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE PERSON IN THE CATERPILLAR. And there is more than one person in the caterpillar (due to placeholder actors) if you didn't set PARTY_SIZE to 1.

-________-

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

crzyone9584

Quote from: Blizzard on February 11, 2010, 02:19:22 am
Why do you people don't realize that it's a typo and that you should just change it to CREATE instead of CREAT?! -_-

I feel stupid for not realizing the spelling mistake. Maybe I should stop trying to work with huge scripts at like 5 am.

Also With the caterpiller, i have it unchecked in the config program should i check it and set it to 1?

Blizzard

February 11, 2010, 04:24:08 am #29 Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 04:26:04 am by Blizzard
Either the spelling mistake or uncheck the caterpillar option and set the party size to 1. I recommend the latter. The next version of the plugin won't have this problem at all.

And yeah, scripts at 5 AM... >.< That's a thing I have stopped doing. For over a year now I usually try to get a normal amount of sleep. xD It can make a huge difference.

Lost King

How can we expect you to make a typo, you're the greatest scripter of all time, you're not allowed to make typos.

Blizzard

The typo isn't in the script. :P IDK how it came to be, but maybe somebody accidentally deleted a character. O_o I didn't edit this script since I released it (except for the first two crashes reported).

But I'm just human anyway. :P

Lost King

Well it would seem turning on Caterpillar, reducing the maximum party to 1, and then turning caterpillar back off in the config application fixes the error. Not sure if this is related, but I tried adding the Global Switches and Variables script as well which resulted in my game not going anywhere after I clicked login.

Course, things between RMX-OS and me have been going oh so smoothly ever since I tried using it... /sarcasm

Blizzard

I'm not sure. The most recent versions of all scripts should work together. Have you tried deleting and creating the database?

Lost King

I'll try that when I get back to working on it. Also, anyway to disable the custom controls of Blizz-ABS while you're on the login page? I've come to realize I can't use the letters wasd or press backspace...

Blizzard

You'll have to use arrow buttons. I have encountered the same problem. I might see what if I can do something through the plugin itself.

G_G

February 13, 2010, 12:01:21 pm #36 Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 12:26:07 pm by game_guy
Quote from: crzyone9584 on February 06, 2010, 12:38:30 pm
Quote from: game_guy on February 06, 2010, 09:20:29 am
when I log in I end up in the top left corner of the map and thats not where I was when I entered that map D:

Re create your game save table. Adding this jacks up your save state. Should be fixed after you delete it.

Doesnt work...

EDIT: Another bug..well two
Well me and a friend were testing it out, both had the same exact client with only one map. We were both connected but didn't see each other.

Other bug when I died I got a gameover. Re-logged in and it automatically went to game over again. D: I know I just have to mess with the coding a bit to fix it but just thought I'd point it out.

Blizzard

You should turn off auto-game over then. :P

If you didn't see each other, then something could be wrong with RMX-OS. I definitely had some weird behavior myself. It will probably all be fixed in the final version.

crzyone9584

So with the final version Blizz what may we expect. I know you said PVP would be implemented. And I do believe somewhere I read that right now you can't see others attack the monsters. Are there going to be support for teams and the catepiller script?

Blizzard

Online party yes, caterpillar most probably no. At least not in version 1.0 which should be up during the day or tomorrow.