Started by Chaze007, February 22, 2008, 08:45:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaze007

February 22, 2008, 08:45:53 pm Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 12:59:23 pm by Aqua
MUNSTER CHEST!!-MINIGAME
Version: 1.00
Type: Minigame

Introduction

Object of the game: This is similar to Pacman, your job is to colect the black pearls in every stage. As you progress throughout each stage the ghosts get faster, and more numerical. The ghosts have a special ability that is not in Pacman, ghosts can walk through the walls which you can't. The menu is not there so don't try to acess it. If you encounter any bugs or problems contact me immediatley, thanks and have fun. Controls: arrow keys.

Features

• Pacman-like Minigame

Screenshots

None

Demo

http://www.sendspace.com/file/b48gn2
Demo has 3 levels

Instructions

Credits and Thanks

• Fallen Star

Author's Notes
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Valcos

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Chaze007

woot,1 down--tell me how u like the theme XD
[stage 3 is impossible :)]

Valcos

It wasnt to bad :P. Considering you did it today has to mean something right? ;D But when I got to stage 2 I could walk out I would die automatically! :o It was pretty creative of you to think of a treasure chest pacman game 8)
-Oscar De La Hoya

Chaze007

Valcos

-Oscar De La Hoya

Chaze007

i made the game, i know the controls XD just when that stage starts run fast.

Valcos

Lol  :P. Probably could have answered that question myself to ;).
-Oscar De La Hoya

Chaze007

can a mod put this in the main section

Sally

February 23, 2008, 02:38:26 am #9 Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:39:49 am by Susys
seems good,

dosent meet the requrments,

Quote# At least an idea of the background story of your project.
# At least two paragraphs of text explaining the main story idea of your project.
# Basic character description of various characters throughout the game. You can give some yet undecided information on characters like "Age: undecided yet".
# At least one ingame screenshot of battles, maps, menu, etc. Don't post screenshots of the submenus and don't post title screens/gameover screens. You CAN post the title screen, but it will be not considered as one of those three screenshots.[/qopte]

Chaze007

ewwps...im making another ver 2morro that will have all of de stuff

Sally

February 23, 2008, 02:47:48 am #11 Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:55:44 am by Susys
Okay, and just a heads up,

Quote from: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=35.0These forums are only for topics describing or requesting help with projects being made with RPG Maker. All types of RPG Maker are allowed.

* Recruitment topics will be moved to the Recruitment forum, please spare us the trouble and post them there from the beginning on.
    * Topics that don't meet the movement standards will not be moved.
    * Topics that don't meet the basic standards will be locked.

If you want your topic to be unlocked or moved, please PM a moderator or admin.

Basic requirements

Preventing your topic from being locked, your topic needs to fulfill following requirements:

* At least an idea of the background story of your project.
    * At least two paragraphs of text explaining the main story idea of your project.
    * Basic character description of various characters throughout the game. You can give some yet undecided information on characters like "Age: undecided yet".
    * At least one ingame screenshot of battles, maps, menu, etc. Don't post screenshots of the submenus and don't post title screens/gameover screens. You CAN post the title screen, but it will be not considered as one of those three screenshots.

Movement requirements

If you want your topic to be moved into the main Projects/Games section where it will get more attention, your topic needs to fulfill following requirements:

* At least three paragraphs of text explaining the background story of your project.
    * At least three paragraphs of text explaining the main story of your project.
    * Detailed character description of various characters throughout the game. You don't need to post all characters and you don't need to post many. Post at least the ones you get familiar with in the first stages of the game. Preferably with battlers or facesets.
    * At least three ingame screenshots of battles, maps, menu, etc. Don't post screenshots of the submenus and don't post title screens/gameover screens. You CAN post the title screen, but it will be not considered as one of those three screenshots.
    * At least 30-minutes long demo download link. No demo, no moving. Smiley

Whenever possible, please include all downloads and a website link for your project in your topic, preferably near the very top of your initial post or at the very end. For example, if you have a recruitment topic for it as well, it would be nice to have a link at the top of your post.

Game suggestion:
spread the ghosts out more.

also give credit to whoever u got the sounds from.

Chaze007

i will, ill also use the set speed to make them slower, also im making another mini :)

Blizzard

February 23, 2008, 09:22:06 am #13 Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 09:34:36 am by Blizzard
Minigames actually belong into the Event Systems section. *moves into database*

EDIT:

I found a bug. As soon as level 1 finishes and I get teleported to the start position of level 2, I collect another ball and get transported into level 3. I suppose you didn't reset the variable. xD

Here are a few suggestions:

• You should increase the player speed by 1. Same for the ghosts. They are all too slow, lol!
  • You should use a script for path finding so the ghosts can actually walk on the same tracks like the player.
  • You should use different maps for each level or/and different tilesets to make ti more interesting.
  • Did you forget the superdots or weren't you able to figure it out? xD
  • You should make the player get teleported to the other side of the map when hitting the end in those two passages. You know, the same thing can be found in the real Pacman.
  • Thought about a minimap? Since you can't see the ghosts all the time, it could come in handy.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Chaze007

oops, ill get right on that and thanks.
also im making another, its a puzzle game.

Sally

sounds cool. this could also be classified as a game if you add story and stuff :P

winkio

Good :D, but what Blizz said.  Also, you should add a HUD in future versions, to show level, lives, score, maybe even orbs left, etc.

Chaze007

well if sum1 can make me a hud id be happy to continue this project but for now im doing others

Nortos

wouldn't be too hard, you would use in game variables to control the HuD most probably

Calintz

Gone for a day, and I miss the release of a new Mini-game, Lol!!

Hatsamu

Necropost is a bad thing, me knowz... but the link is fallen and I'm making an Arcade Hall in my game and I really want to try this as a Pac-Man-like game was going to be added and this really sounds useful/interesting.

Thx!

elmangakac

WhiteRose

Quote from: elmangakac on March 02, 2011, 12:50:32 am
Dead Demo!!!

I'd venture a guess that this is because this thread is three years old.