RPG Maker DS?

Started by WhiteRose, March 20, 2010, 12:33:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteRose

So, I was looking around, and I noticed that RPG Maker DS was released in Japan on March 11. I haven't tried it myself, as my Japanese is spotty at best, but I thought it was at least interesting. I'm guessing there's not going to be support for RGSS, it being a console version. If my memory is correct, the console versions have never been very good, have they? Still, I figured I'd at least share the news of it with you all, in case anyone is interested.

Sase

Yeah, I was just browsing "RPG Maker" in wikipedia yesterday and saw that RMDS was released. I didn't pay much attention to it, since I don't own a DS and I've never been interested in other RPG Makers beside the Windows ones (after 2000).

SwiftDeathSK

March 31, 2010, 07:32:40 am #2 Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 07:34:35 am by Bug Catcher Swift
I hope it gets translated, that would be an awesome way for me to pass the time on my 12 hours a week of bus riding >.< (even if it's crappy, its fun to play around with it)

EDIT: After a quick google query, here's a short article on it for those who are also interested: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176472

it says there is no current US release date, but hopefully it's sometime this year :D

The Niche

What I'd really like to see is the capability to convert rm games to files for ds.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

element

Sacred Nym

I admit to having played around with the Japanese version a little bit. It's really nothing worth mentioning. It's overall capability I'd say is about the same as RPG Maker on the PS1.

The only real difference is that this one makes sharing games much easier than other console RMs. Though each card can hold only two games at once, not counting the sample game that can't be edited or overwritten.
Quote昨日の自分に「さようなら」
Say "Goodbye" to who you were yesterday.

Silentknight72

Yeah, i saw it last march too.... but no scripts like mode 7 or BABS?
Sigs: ShowHide

Xunbreakable89X

If feel like with the touchscreen and everything. An RPG Maker on the DS would probably be pretty awsome. It would be super cool if you could post your games online with it too.