attaching the rgssad to the game.exe as a resource?

Started by Ryex, March 21, 2010, 07:04:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

now I know it can be done but can it be done in a way that the exe recognizes that it is there?
if so, how?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

if FileTest.exist?('Game.rgssad')

Is that what you're looking for?

fugibo

He wants to add the .DLL to the executable file as if it were an image/sound file.

Ryex

March 21, 2010, 07:25:51 pm #3 Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 07:28:52 pm by Professor Ryexander Elm
not the dll the encrypted rgssad file
even if it was only the scripts.rxdata and it loaded from within the exe
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

Oh I see. Include it all in one exe. Not sure =\

fugibo

It depends on how .exe contents are referenced from the Win32API side. If they aren't presented as local files then you might be able to hack in some code to "virtually" present the contents to the .exe code.

/i have no guarantees that i am sane at the moment

Blizzard

You could include the scripts in a file externally and in the actual game only have the loading of the actual scripts if people using a decryptor is your concern. It's not much, but people using a decryptor usually have no idea about hacking software anyway.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.