[XP] Multiple Message Windows (Non-SDK)

Started by ForeverZer0, March 24, 2010, 04:07:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

One day, you just might. I was once without skill and knowledge myself. Back then Seph was quite a big deal. I worked hard and long and today I am known. You can do it, too. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Lurvid

April 18, 2011, 09:36:26 pm #21 Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 09:13:41 pm by Lurvid
Hey, I hate to be a pain but I seem to have gotten an error while using this script. I was trying out events within battle eventing for the first time and I got THIS error. I DID replace Scene_Battle1, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. It only happens when text is supposed to appear, I can still attack and everything. I haven't tested using images and whatnot but I'm imagine the only problem is with this script.

EDIT: Actually this happens any time I have any event occur in-battle. What do I do?

EDIT 2: Uhh, okay, I just, uh, outright deleted two lines of code and it works now apparently. I'm not sure if that's healthy for it but if it works...

ForeverZer0

I'm not really sure, to be honest with you. I didn't write this script, and the edits I made were early in my "career" as a scripter.  If I decided to re-write this script from scratch, I imagine I could make all kind of improvements, but I really don't write RGSS anymore.  Someday I may get back into it a little once ARC is finished, but definitely not at the moment. 
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

MarkHest

Holy S%ยค! This script is amazing!  :bow:
It's just the thing that i needed for my game!

Very nice Zer0! Very nice!

Boba Fett Link

November 11, 2011, 06:14:18 pm #24 Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 06:28:24 pm by Boba Fett Link
I'm getting an error:

Script 'Multiple Message Windows' line 755: NoMethodError occurded.

undefined method 'enemy_sprites' for #<Spriteset_Map:0x41e40c0>

This error happens when I use the \p or \p[] tags. The script is after TONS and before BABS.

EDIT: And by the way, the sprites I was trying to make the window appear over were normal events, not enemies.

EDIT 2: Actually, I have it auto-set for floating messages anyway, but they still don't auto-float. I wonder if it is a compatibility issue with BABS.
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

rayquaza1000

Hi I'm a n00b so I don't know how to fix a certain error

Script line 1534 System stack error occurred
system stack too deep
Could you help me?
Meow

ForeverZer0

StackErrors are usually caused when a method ends up calling itself. Since Ruby does not support recursion, you get the error. You have some other script screwing stuff up, the StackError just happens to occur there. Look through your scripts to see which ones initialize Game_System, and do a search and make sure you don't have any other scripts that have a Game_Message class.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Boba Fett Link

This script is not compatible with BABS, or at least the repositioning part is. I removed BABS from my game and it worked.

ForeverZer0

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on September 30, 2010, 12:08:29 pm
I imagine it doesn't by default, though it will likely not take a whole lot to make it compatible.
If I remember correctly, pixel-movement scripts tend to mess with it, which BABS has built in.
This messes with allowing the windows to move with with a character as it moves. I did not write the original, but disabling this feature of it should solve the problem. I don't have time at the second to look into it, but I would suggest looking into the Game_Character class from this script and other parts that deal with how the window finds the proper coordinates.

Boba Fett Link

koktengri

Hello, I have a question if I may. I know its been a long time but theres no need to create a new topic if there is one.
I used an early version of this script so im not sure you understand my problem.
My first version was 1.5. made in 2006.
Now I updated it to 1.6. the current version which I found here: https://littledrago.blogspot.de/2012/02/rgss-multiple-message-windows-blizz-abs.html?showComment=1471649905093#c241056345539838436

My problem is: When I talk to a NPC and the message ends, the message is starting over and over again until I move away from the NPC which I dont want.

I want the message to end even when I stay next to the NPC like it was in the old version. In the old version there was an interval if the message ended. And there would be wait to talk to the npc again and start the message again.

Is there a way to make it like it was in the old version?
I tried everything, changed every thing possible but failed.

KK20

Are you using any other scripts? Is there any reason why you want to upgrade?

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

koktengri

No, im not. I tried a just a project with this script.
The reason for upgrading is that it has new functions etc.
I really want to know how to disable the function that the message wont stop until the character moves.

KK20

There's actually a separate thread regarding Drago's version.
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,11299.40.html

There are some bugs with it as it seems. At a glance the only new feature is the animated text and just overall script compatibility. I also dont think Drago is much into the RPG Maker scene anymore as he has been pretty inactive. I can take a look but I can't guarantee anything.

Other Projects

koktengri

August 20, 2016, 06:43:14 am #34 Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 07:15:12 am by koktengri
Okay, im also gonna post it there.
EDIT:
http://workupload.com/file/YQ2xUVR
here is the version 1.5 try to talk to the npc next to you.
You will notice that in this version you dont need to go away from the npc to cut message of. If the message is over the conversation wont start over and over again.

KK20

August 20, 2016, 02:13:04 pm #35 Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 02:36:24 pm by KK20
Drago pulled version 1.6 and put 1.5 back. Comparing his with the one in this thread, they're mostly identical. The only obvious changes are tweaks to existing methods to allow compatibility with Blizz-ABS and the like. Kinda sad to see he silently retired.

I don't have access to 1.6 anymore, so if you still have that, you can provide it.

You can also try Heretic's version of 1.56 from his collection.
EDIT: lol character limit

Other Projects

LiTTleDRAgo

August 20, 2016, 02:20:55 pm #36 Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 02:32:28 pm by LiTTleDRAgo
Quote from: KK20 on August 20, 2016, 02:13:04 pm
Drago pulled version 1.6 and put 1.5 back. Comparing his with the one in this thread, they're mostly identical. The only obvious changes are tweaks to existing methods to allow compatibility with Blizz-ABS and the like. Kinda sad to see he silently retired.

I don't have access to 1.6 anymore, so if you still have that, you can provide it.

*redacted*

Here is v1.6 (bugged), still in my pastebin folder
Here

And this is Heretic's version (with a slight edit for plug and play)
Here
Last edit : Dec 4th, 2013

koktengri

August 20, 2016, 05:35:52 pm #37 Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 05:41:43 pm by koktengri
Quote from: KK20 on August 20, 2016, 02:13:04 pm

You can also try Heretic's version of 1.56 from his collection.
EDIT: lol character limit

In the demo of his script heretic collection its different. But does it have the autoshrink function? Which is the mainreason why I want to update to 1.6.

Heretic86

There is an "Auto Resize" feature so short messages like "hi" don't have huge message windows.  What is "Autoshrink"?  I'm not familiar with it...
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

koktengri

August 20, 2016, 09:30:20 pm #39 Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 09:38:08 pm by koktengri
Version 1.6. has this auto shrink feature which I also want.

This is the feature/reason I want to update my old 1.5 to 1.6

But I hate the chrono tirgger style talk system where you need to go away from the NPC in order to shut down the conversation. I just want the conversation to end with pressing enter.
Isnt there a function/Command how to disable this? Man, it is so annoyning. There so many functions for the scriot but they completly forgot to add this.