Author Topic: [XP] Blacksmith System (New Configuration Program!)  (Read 45485 times)

Offline ForeverZer0

• CP's Pedophile
  • Global Moderator
  • Guardian of Chaos
  • LV: 294
  • Remember you are unique, just like everyone else.
    • View Profile
[XP] Blacksmith System (New Configuration Program!)
« on: April 21, 2010, 10:50:15 PM »
Blacksmith Shop
Authors: ForeverZer0
Version: 2.0
Type: Custom Shop
Key Term: Custom Shop System

Introduction

Will allow you to create a complete blacksmith system. The player will be able to forge equipment/items by using combinations of weapons, armors, and items in their possession. Also includes a "Enchantment" feature that will allow the player to use special items to add stats, elemental efficiencies, and state altering to weapons and armor. The extraction feature allows for the breaking down of current equipment and items into other ones.

Features

• Completely configurable item requirements for every item.
  • Configurable blacksmith 'fees' for every weapon/armor/item
  • Can use as many different items, with different quantities for each piece of equipment.
  • Variable "skill" levels for Blacksmith shops, which lets you decide which features the Blacksmith can do.
  • Only have to use a single script call to for the Blacksmith's shop.
  • Can recycle old equipment by extracting items from weapons/armors

Screenshots

Script
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Configuration Application
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Configuration Application

I have written a small application that can be used to make your configurations with a user-friendly GUI instead of typing out confusing arrays in the script. If you choose to download the application, you need not get anything else. All the scripts and the demo can be output from the application. Due to the increased file size and possible instability of embedding Ruby or IronRuby in the application to read your game's Marshaled .rxdata files, I left it out, but have included a one-time script to run in your game that will output a file to use with the program so that you need not copy your database into it. Here are the easy instructions:

• Open application and go to the "Miscellaneous" tab.
  • Click the button to for the BlacksmithCache script, and copy the text anywhere in your script editor.
  • Run the game once, a file will be output.
  • Drag and Drop the file onto the anvil in the bottom-right corner of the application and you are done.

The application requires Microsoft's .NET 2.0 Framework or higher to run. If you do not have it and cannot run the application, you can download it here.

Blacksmith Configuration 1.1  (1.05 MB)

Demo

Demo Link

Script

Click here for the script.
(click to show/hide)
KK20 wrote a bugfix. It mainly addresses the enchantment system and displays of the windows. Get it here: http://pastebin.com/AFrMCa2f

Instructions

Place script below Debug and above Main.
Instructions are in the script.

Compatibility

• If you have a script that re-writes Window_Gold, it could cause graphical irregularities on the blacksmith screen.
  • Scripts that alter items in the database may cause issues, though not tested.

Credits and Thanks

• ForeverZer0, for writing the script
  • RoseSkye, huge thanks for beta-testing and demo map

Author's Notes

Please report any bugs you may find at www.chaos-project.com.
Hope you enjoy!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 04:00:42 AM by KK20 »
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Offline Ravenith

• Trained Member
  • LV: 0
    • View Profile
Re: [XP] Blacksmith System
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 01:22:13 AM »
Very nice. The "Extract" feature explores a nice design space that few scripts had (directly) explored in the past.

Offline Nadim13

• Trained Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 11:23:33 AM »
It seems cool.
I'll try it this afternoon and I let you know. 8)

Offline Agckuu Coceg

• Transcended Spirit
  • Hail to the Gin, baby!!!
    • View Profile
    • RMK-Space
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 11:29:19 AM »

;) New interesting script. But maybe add a little more customization, something like for example the old Prexcraft? It would be nice.
I'm not retarded, but I'm busy. Sorry for patience.

Offline Nadim13

• Trained Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 11:28:24 AM »
Ok, that's a cool (and very simple to customize) script, good work! ;)
But I suggest you to edit the extract part: it would be better that, when you extract materials from your weapon/armor, you'll receive less quantity of them instead the same number of the creation part.

Ex.
3 Gold Ore => Gold Sword
and, during the extraction
Gold Sword => 2 Gold Ore

By the way, once again... good work! 8)

Offline lonely_cubone

• Transcended Spirit
  • LV: 6
  • OMG IT'S A CUBONE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 04:25:27 PM »
I like this script, but one thing that would be really helpful is if you could create and extract things in bulk. For example, when you select Forge Iron Sword, and you have enough materials to make 12 of them, it will let you choose how many to make. Other than that, I think this script is quite useful. :D

Offline ForeverZer0

• CP's Pedophile
  • Global Moderator
  • Guardian of Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 12:21:32 AM »
Thanks for the feedback everybody.
I'll see about adding the new features. I was already thinking about a few of them...
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 11:00:38 PM »
Sorry to say, found a bug. When extracting items from a weapon, keep going until there are no more weapons left to extract items from. Keep clicking the extract button on the blank, and even though nothing is there, it will keep extracting and giving you minerals from the last weapon that was in the slot. When I exited the blacksmith system and went into the menu I had 99 gold ore. When I attempted to go back into the system to do it some more, I got this error:

Code: [Select]
Script 'Blacksmith System' line 622: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'each_index' for nil:NilClass

Sorry, I'm a noob scripter and have no idea how to fix this. Over the past 4 days I've gone over this entire forums script database for RPGXP, downloaded what interested me, and am slowly learning how to make things work by looking at others scripts. Just happened to find this when I was bored. Other than that, this is a really useful script.

Offline ForeverZer0

• CP's Pedophile
  • Global Moderator
  • Guardian of Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 11:47:50 PM »
@13579
Don't be sorry, I welcome people to find bugs so I can fix them. It is very difficult to completely de-bug an entire script and think of everything, so it is helpful for others to let me know what they find.

I'll check this problem and have it fixed soon. Thanks!

Offline XaineC

• Trained Member
  • LV: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 06:30:38 PM »
I've got an error for you. Line 647 NoMethodError occured. undefined method `each_index' for 1:Fixnum

Offline ForeverZer0

• CP's Pedophile
  • Global Moderator
  • Guardian of Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 10:22:37 PM »
I've got an error for you. Line 647 NoMethodError occured. undefined method `each_index' for 1:Fixnum

When and how did it occur. That would really help narrow it down.

Offline XaineC

• Trained Member
  • LV: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 01:59:49 AM »
Nevermind. I screwed up the script call, that's it.

Offline ForeverZer0

• CP's Pedophile
  • Global Moderator
  • Guardian of Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 06:03:24 PM »
Nevermind. I screwed up the script call, that's it.

Okay.  ;) Thanks anyway.

Offline Ninjason

• Trained Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 09:38:11 PM »
Hey, great script, quite the thing I was looking for.

I inserted it, configured it - but upon using it, I get this error message every time I would get the item #434 among other things out of a deconstruction:

What could that be?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 09:39:34 PM by Ninjason »
there's only one Ninja

Offline Taiine

• Ethereal Devastator
  • LV: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 01:59:29 AM »
Error. It happens if you have no items that you can extract materials from but still go to the menu and try to 'extract' from the blank listing.

Offline ForeverZer0

• CP's Pedophile
  • Global Moderator
  • Guardian of Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2010, 07:22:42 PM »
I will check it out. This is one of my earlier scripts, I think it is ready for a complete re-write. I learned quite a bit since writing it, so just old off a little bit and I will release a completely new and improved version of it. I'll add some new features as well, such as configurable extracted materials, etc.

Any other requests before I get started?

Offline Ninjason

• Trained Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 11:10:42 PM »
Actually, yes - When you extract items from the weapon/armor on the very bottom of your list and deplete your stock, you have the possibility, to stay on that empty slot and keep extracting even though you have no more items left.

But it works nevertheless - you can get an infinite number of extracted items by that.

Here's a screenshot to help my explanation (did it with your demo):
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 11:13:42 PM by Ninjason »
there's only one Ninja

Offline Ninjason

• Trained Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2010, 11:27:56 PM »
Btw i cleared my error message - I used a dot (.) instead of a comma (,) in the formulas. :ninja:
there's only one Ninja

Offline ForeverZer0

• CP's Pedophile
  • Global Moderator
  • Guardian of Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2010, 12:55:45 AM »
I know already of the the extraction error, but thanks for making sure.  ;)

When I said "requests", I meant more of added features one may like in the next version. Fixing bugs will be my top priority obviously. The error you mentioned will be definitely fixed, though.

Offline SilverShadow737

• Trained Member
  • LV: 2
  • Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2010, 02:21:06 PM »
Pretty sweet script,  maybe a feature to add would be to show how many materials the player has before forging either by pushing a button, or simply in the confirm menu.  Also you could try to space stats a little better because the + or - overlap the letters.  My final suggestion is maybe you could add item creation such as two ingredients create a potion, or iron + coal = steel?
Ginyu Force Rules