The rpg academy

Started by The Niche, May 07, 2010, 04:24:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Niche

Sounds like a plan. As Lord of characters, I suppose I have the least to do. SBR, remember to keep the humour flowing. The whole point of the game is to improve the standards of these games, so if it ain't fun, it ust won't work.
Riku, are you able to do spriting? I can tackle mapping if no one else voluteers.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

SBR*

Quote from: The Niche on May 13, 2010, 08:24:57 am
Sounds like a plan. As Lord of characters, I suppose I have the least to do. SBR, remember to keep the humour flowing. The whole point of the game is to improve the standards of these games, so if it ain't fun, it ust won't work.
Riku, are you able to do spriting? I can tackle mapping if no one else voluteers.

I thought that you had to do the most, since you came up with the idea... AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY HUMOUR  >:(?!  :oops:

Shining Riku

Yeah, I can do a good amount of spriting on my own. When doing human characters I mostly cut and paste things from other RTP characters, recolor it, and do stuff like that to make new characters. I'm quite good at that too.

The Niche

SBR, I'm just reminding you. It's ok. You don't have to jump. Riku, you're right. Human sprites really don't take much imagination unless  you're doing something reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally wierd. Sprite of a guy wanking, anyone?
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

SBR*

Quote from: The Niche on May 13, 2010, 12:46:35 pm
SBR, I'm just reminding you. It's ok. You don't have to jump. Riku, you're right. Human sprites really don't take much imagination unless  you're doing something reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally wierd. Sprite of a guy wanking, anyone?

Lol, don't take me too serious :P. I was just wondering...

The Niche

I wasn't taking you seriously. You missed the end part of that sentence.

SBR*

Quote from: The Niche on May 14, 2010, 08:14:56 am
I wasn't taking you seriously. You missed the end part of that sentence.

What sentence? I didn't know what 'to wank' means... But I'm looking it up in my dictionary and WTF?! ILLLLLLLLLL...

The Niche

I was referring to you don't have to jump. Guess you have to find out somehow... :roll:

SBR*

Quote from: The Niche on May 14, 2010, 10:24:33 am
I was referring to you don't have to jump. Guess you have to find out somehow... :roll:

So you mean with 'You don't have to jump' that it's a joke? W/e... And find out what? *confused*

The Niche

Doesn't really matter. How're the lessons going?

SBR*

Quote from: The Niche on May 14, 2010, 12:34:08 pm
Doesn't really matter. How're the lessons going?

Bad... I worked on the note system all the time. I'll send you Beta 4 ASAP.

The Niche

Got the transfer bug solved?

SBR*

Quote from: The Niche on May 14, 2010, 03:56:32 pm
Got the transfer bug solved?

Yep! For some strange I kept on using
@back = Spriteset_Map.new
in the update method, and because of that, I wasn't able to use
@back.dispose
, so I had to use
@back = nil
, and that (@back = nil) caused the error. I set
@back = Spriteset_Map.new
in the update method for testing, because the script wasn't working, and I thought that this might solve it (you have to try SOMETHING...), and I forgot to remove it. I have sent you the Beta.

The Niche

I can't uunderstand it, means it's good XD

SBR*

May 15, 2010, 06:02:50 am #54 Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 01:57:26 pm by SBR*
Quote from: The Niche on May 15, 2010, 04:37:48 am
I can't uunderstand it, means it's good XD

Well, I make the variable (come on, you know what that means, right?) @back an instance of the Spriteset_Map class. It basically means that @back 'represents' the background. To remove the background, I first tried to make the variable that 'represents' the background equal to nothing ('nil' in RGSS), wich means that it also isn't equal to Spriteset_Map. However, that doesn't remove the picture of the background, just the variable that 'represents' it. I have to use @back.dispose to remove the picture too. However, that didn't work because of earlier explained reasons.

-SBR*

SBR*

The Niche, do you like the Beta 4?

BTW, double posting is allowed after 24 hours, right? Otherwise, sorry!

-SBR*

Blizzard

Yes, it is allowed, but it's not even necessary since your topic gets bumped if you edit the last post.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

The Niche

Sir Brilliant Rastafarian *, I like it so much I levelled you. Get my message?

SBR*

Quote from: Blizzard on May 16, 2010, 02:01:36 pm
Yes, it is allowed, but it's not even necessary since your topic gets bumped if you edit the last post.

I tried, but it didn't...

Blizzard

Not to you, but to others the topic appears as unread.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.