Yay!!!

Started by magic2345, January 08, 2008, 07:33:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

magic2345

Huzzah!!! CP has finally moved!! Btw, hi everybody. I'm magic2345.
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is." -Kino's Journey

"Hm...What would uncle say?....
Life is like the clouds, it has two sides and a silverlining inbetween...Like a sandwich!! When life is hard, you take a bite out of the silverlining...."
-Zuko
Characters : 3%
Mapping : 1%
Graphics : 3%
Scripts : 20%

Fantasist

Hey magic :)
Sorry about your comp, if you want anything, just tell me, I'll see what I can do. I have a large archive of RMXP stuff :)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Vell

HUZZAH! CP IS MOVED AND THIS PLACE IS AWESOME!

also, welcome, and i'm sorry to hear bout your computer, I, myself, have like, no resources or anything, so, sorry, wish i could be of some help, but I'm not.

Nortos

huzzahs for new forum...Oh and sorry about your comp too

Galatea

Welcome, btw what happened to your Pc?

magic2345

Dunno, the booting screen won't come up and it says that a file was missing. It says to put in the startup cd and when I did another problem comes up. And well, it turns out I need to reinstall some system stuff and needs to erase all of the files to be able to do this.

Life is like the clouds, it has two sides and a silverlining inbetween...Like a sandwich!! When life is hard, you take a bite out of the silverlining...."
-Zuko

Galatea

thats really a prob.
dont you want a reformat?
before it corrupt your important files

magic2345

I don't know. What's a reformat?  ??? Don't my files get erased when I format?

-Zuko

Fantasist

They do. But why don't you just try a reinstall? That way, all the registry and 'memory' of all installed programs is wiped out, but at least you're files are there.I did that to my PC a while ago.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Galatea

Yeah, good advise Fantasist.  ;D

Zeriab

*hugs magic welcome to the new forums*

magic2345

@Zeriab: Thanks  :)
@Fantasist: A reinstall? Of what? How?

-Zuko

Fantasist

A reinstall of Windows. You put the XP CD at bootup, chose to install, and simply don't format any drives. Wait! There's a repair option too, I just remembered. Try that out :)

magic2345

YOU CAN ACTUALLY DO THAT?!?! I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!! ARGH!!!

Well, here's what I did exactly. I put in the ACER startup CD. There's a recovery option. The description says that it will DESTROY my files (destroy, not delete). So, well my father and I don't know what to do and so we pressed it. It did what it was supposed to do but when I try to reinstall XP, an unexpected problem occured and we thought this was the end for our computer. Then, my uncle magically fixed it the next day and I lost all my files.

But I still don't get what happened to the missing file. A virus?

-Zuko

Fantasist

I don't get it. Why did you use recovery from that ACER CD? Then why did you have to install XP again?

The missing file, virus could be the cause and the ACER recovery might be the cause too. No idea.

Vell

computers... some people i kno are really good with them, me... not so good with them, i dont even know what an ACER CD is. >.<

Fantasist

ACER is a company, and maybe his comp is an ACER make, so he'll be having an Acer recovery disk (just like the recovery partitions in Compaq Laptops), that's it :)

Vell

oh, so confuzzlifing.

Nortos

I have no idea about computers....it's like O.o

magic2345

@fantasist: Why I used the ACER recovery CD? Well, my dad said that in my harddisk there is already Windows XP. So I don't need the Windows XP cd. And in the recovery option for the ACER recovery CD, it says that all the files in the harddisk will be deleted. So, I'd need to install XP again.....I think.

@Ulta: Really confuzzlifing.
@Nortos: Yeah, me too.

-Zuko