Author Topic: [XP] Wizered67's Speed Menu  (Read 4186 times)

Offline Wizered67

• Astral Trancist
  • LV: 16
    • View Profile
[XP] Wizered67's Speed Menu
« on: June 09, 2010, 07:27:31 AM »
Wizered67's Speed Menu
Authors: Wizered67
Version: 0.30
Type: On-map Menu System
Key Term: Custom Menu System

Introduction
Hello, and welcome to my first script. I understand that it is probably not very good and messy, but I wanted to post it anyway. (At least for critique). Recently, I have noticed an increase in the amount of people trying to make an online game with
RMX-OS and Blizz-abs. However, one common problem is that the default menu (and most others) pause the game while other players continue to play and take advantage of this. I know this from experience, as I too am trying to create a game like this, and this has been a major setback. Thereofre, I began looking through google. However, I only could find one script (which btw required SDK  >:() that did what I needed it to. This was ztorm's speed menu. However, the demo was missing. therefore, I attempted to learn scripting to make the script I needed. I don't know if anyone will use it, but oh well

Features

• On-map menu
  • doesn't pause game
  • my first script  ;)
Right now, I haven't made special windows for item, equip, skills , etc and plan on adding that later. (Note how its only version 0.30)

Screenshots

(click to show/hide)

Demo

None yet, but I can make one

Script

Place the script above main, but below menu and map scenes.
(click to show/hide)

Instructions

To open the menu, press shift. To move cursor or select on the menu you MUST be holding down ctrl.

Compatibility

Requires Tons ,Blizz-abs ,or RMX-OS for custom controls
None other issues known.

Credits and Thanks

• Wizered67, me
  • Blizzard for inspiring me
  • Ztorm for the inspiration to make my own speed menu when his demo was missing.

Author's Notes
This is my first script. I don't really expect anyone to use it, but I figured I might as well post it to get critique. Hit me with your best shot!

Offline nathmatt

• Chaos User
  • LV: 114
  • The Add_on King
    • View Profile
    • Nathmatt Productions
Re: [XP] Wizered67's Speed Menu
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 09:28:24 PM »
some points for 1 to disable menu call just use this since your already messing with scene map the return isnt really necessary but anyway
Code: [Select]
class Scene_Map

def call_menu
    $game_temp.menu_calling = false
  end
end

next you never have to redefine anything if all your doing is adding to it use

Code: [Select]
alias wizered67's_speed_menu_update update
def update
  wizered67's_speed_menu_update
  if @window_speed_menu
    @window_speed_menu.active = true
    update_speed_menu
  end
end

your script alignment is every where i suggest defining update_speed_menu in the Scene_map class
if you don't know what i mean by the alignment check out other ppls scripts  

edit fixed menu disable
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 08:28:00 PM by nathmatt »
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script
(click to show/hide)

Offline SBR*

• Chaos User
  • LV: -7
    • View Profile
Re: [XP] Wizered67's Speed Menu
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 09:35:35 PM »
Hmm... So you're overwriting Scene_Map? Doesn't this mean that it is incompatible with any script that overwrites Scene_Map? Oh, and nath, you want to alias the update method of Scene_Map? Doesn't Scene_Map have an own update loop, so if you enter a map and the menu isn't active, you can't access the menu anymore? It's late, so I didn't really read the script...