Great 3D Game Creation Tools

Started by Spaceman McConaughey, July 01, 2010, 11:55:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman McConaughey

July 01, 2010, 11:55:25 pm Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 07:53:57 pm by Branden
If you're making a 3D game, these are must-haves! :D

World Machine

• Excellent for making open-world terrain(like you see in Oblivion).

ZBrush

• Really great for making realistic models.

Mudbox
  • Same as ZBrush, but is probably way better.

Unreal Development Kit

• The free version of the unreal engine. Do not use for commercial purposes. UDK is strictly for non-commercial use.

Blender

• Blender: It's a modeling program and a game engine built into one.

winkio

July 02, 2010, 12:06:44 am #1 Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 10:07:25 pm by winkio
lol you should add unreal engine XD

EDIT: and blender.

Blizzard

Blender is based a lot on keyboard shortcuts and most options aren't even available on the menu, that's what a collegue at work keeps telling me. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: Blizzard on August 05, 2010, 05:09:19 am
Blender is based a lot on keyboard shortcuts and most options aren't even available on the menu, that's what a collegue at work keeps telling me. xD

Might be true. And the new Blender is confusing as hell(even more confusing for me than the old version.) for me to use. I cannot figure out how to even start sculpting something. :/

But its new UI is sweet, sweet eye-candy. :shy:

Ryex

Quote from: Furry Zerg on August 05, 2010, 06:36:21 am
Quote from: Blizzard on August 05, 2010, 05:09:19 am

Might be true. And the new Blender is confusing as hell(even more confusing for me than the old version.) for me to use. I cannot figure out how to even start sculpting something. :/

But its new UI is sweet, sweet eye-candy. :shy:

what are you kidding? the new UI is incredibly intuitive.

btw in order to sculpt something you need to make sure the mesh your working with has enough vertices to manipulate add a multiresalution modifier and sub decide the mesh a few time then sculpting mode will work properly
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />