[XP] Blood Mage 1.80

Started by fugibo, March 08, 2008, 09:56:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

omegapirate2000

Jesus W, that didn't take long at all!

However, now I have an error that will happen anytime ANYONE uses ANY skill.

Heres the line in question: "if battler.wcw_bloodmage_applies?"

Syntax error?
Spoiler: ShowHide

fugibo

Fix'd, 1.7.3b posted

I forgot to pass @skill.id as an argument to battler.wcw_bloodmage_applies?, giving that error (which means that you passed one too few arguments).

omegapirate2000

May 19, 2009, 11:21:08 pm #42 Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 11:24:46 pm by omegapirate2000
Quote from: WcW on May 19, 2009, 11:14:44 pm
Fix'd, 1.7.3b posted

I forgot to pass @skill.id as an argument to battler.wcw_bloodmage_applies?, giving that error (which means that you passed one too few arguments).

Thanks, I'll let you know if it works.

EDIT: Works perfectly, thanks a ton!

King Munkey

I love this script. I haven't tested the newest version yet when I was using it before I got an error although I cannot remember what it was exactly.But I am being really lazy at the moment and I may try it out tomorow.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

fugibo

I'm going to release v 1.8 of this soon. It's got some serious upgrades :P

omegapirate2000

Quote from: WcW on May 20, 2009, 12:21:33 pm
I'm going to release v 1.8 of this soon. It's got some serious upgrades :P

How much more can this script even be upgraded?

Blizzard

I wondered about that question myself the other day.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

Quote from: Blizzard on May 20, 2009, 06:51:18 pm
I wondered about that question myself the other day.

Dito^^ what kind of upgrades?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

fugibo

May 21, 2009, 12:37:33 am #48 Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 10:22:10 am by WcW
A lot of bug-fixes and features. A LOT.

*BUMP*
Released. Enjoy! This version is heavily tested, and will almost definitely work as expected.

omegapirate2000

Moar errors!

The first is that my blood mage character doesn't consume HP for his spells, just SP.

And when he DOES use one of his skills I get this error:

Any ideas?

fugibo

May 21, 2009, 03:16:42 pm #50 Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 03:18:43 pm by WcW
What? I SWEAR I tested this thing like crap and got no errors. But I'll check it out for you anyways.

EDIT:
Argh! I left out an "s" in $data_skills. Just change that on line 293. I'll look into the other error promptly.
Also, would your character happen to be using skill #57? Try #58 if he is.

omegapirate2000

Yeah, it works now, AND it consumes HP rather than SP, but it still isn't usable unless I have 5 SP (the cost of the skill).

fugibo

omegapirate2000

omegapirate2000

In the meanwhile, I don't suppose you have the last version of this script, do you? It worked perfectly for me.

fugibo

I should, somewhere. But I've got to go to "Explorer Session" and listen to "Ryan Upshaw" talk right now, so yeah... I'll try to get that to you after I do my Alg. and Western Civ.

Yes, I'm trying to make the point that you shouldn't expect updates on this until after June. Sorry, I just don't have time.

omegapirate2000

Quote from: WcW on May 27, 2009, 04:49:49 pm
I should, somewhere. But I've got to go to "Explorer Session" and listen to "Ryan Upshaw" talk right now, so yeah... I'll try to get that to you after I do my Alg. and Western Civ.

Yes, I'm trying to make the point that you shouldn't expect updates on this until after June. Sorry, I just don't have time.

Thats fine, as long as I can get the previous version somewhere that should be all I'll ever actually need out of this script, unless the newer version is incredibly efficient :p

Yin

When I use this, I take damage before the skill is even casted (with every skill). If an enemy does a skill to me, I take the damage before the skill even starts. How do I fix this? I'm using Charlie Lee's FFX Battle System.
Newly formed MUGEN, RPG Maker, and BOR forum.
http://cavernofcreativity.com
Opening in September
My Partner in crime = TREXRELL

fugibo

What do you mean? Isn't that how it's supposed to work for BloodMage skills? As for the enemy part, that probably is a bug, but you're supposed to use up HP before the animation plays IIRC.

Yin

Yeah, I know that's what the script is supposed to do, but what I mean is that even when it's not a bloodmage skill, the enemy/actor receives the damage before the animation even appears. It's as if it's going in the wrong order. The script works fine, it's just that little issue. It's like I see that I'm dead even before I see the damage pop up.
Newly formed MUGEN, RPG Maker, and BOR forum.
http://cavernofcreativity.com
Opening in September
My Partner in crime = TREXRELL