[XP] Legendary Kingdoms Online

Started by Wizered67, July 21, 2010, 12:27:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wizered67

July 21, 2010, 12:27:00 am Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 06:20:35 pm by Wizered67
Hey everyone, this is the game I'm working on using RMX-OS.....

Legendary Kingdoms Online

Intro:
intro: ShowHide
In the middle ages, a war is raging between 3 kingdoms; the Palimite Kingdom, Deterature Kingdom, and Hokcink kingdom. At the beginning of the game, you will decide which of these kingdoms to fight for.

The Game:
The Game: ShowHide
Throughout the game, you will complete quests for people, venture through dungeons and defeat monsters in order to bring glory to your kingdom and increase your fame.
As you adventure, you may find academies to train at in order to learn new skills and increase your level. (This is not the only way to get EXP) Although there are 5 different classes, you will not be forced to choose only one, and can mix and match the equipment and skills of different classes. The current classes are:
•   Warrior
•   Mage
•   Archer
•   Thief

As you increase your level, you will also increase ranks. The highest rank you can achieve is king, but unlike the others, this rank is not gained immediately after reaching a certain level. In order to become the king, you must overthrow the former king of your kingdom (there can only be one king at a time). To overthrow the player that was formerly king, you must have a higher combined level and fame than the old king. If you succeed, then congratulations, you're the new king! However, you will still need to train so that another player doesn't overthrow you! Basically, the point of the game is to have the best kingdom by bringing glory through quests and other things. You also want to become strong yourself, but being a team player will be important in this game.

Features:

• RMX-OS and Blizz-ABS with sprites for attacking, defending, and visual equipment!

• A multi-player RMXP game in which you actually get to interact with other players!

• Kingdom Points for each kingdom are controlled with global variables, so when you help your kingdom, other players will see its rank increase and other kingdoms ranks decrease.

And much more!

Screenshots:
Spoiler: ShowHide

Server Select

Equip powerful weapons to aid you in battle.

Fight enemies to gain gold, experience, and items.

Go on the adventure of a lifetime.

Shop for more equipment in case you don't have enough already.

Cast powerful spells to defeat even the strongest of foes.

Use ranged combat if you don't want to get to close to your target.

When you die (like me) you can visit your castle's healer to heal you back to health.

Fight Chickens!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demo: Coming..... eventually......

Well thanks for reading and be sure to tell me what you think of the idea.

WhiteRose

The king system actually sounds really interesting. You might want to look into having a new picture made, though; the photograph and the pixel art really clash. Good luck with your project!

Wizered67

Thank you very much! I know the picture isn't the best, but I'm keeping it for now. It was just something I whipped up real quickly.

cyclope

I think it will be a excelent game, let me know whene its finished:D
Things I Hate

1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film, "did ya see that?" No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"... Didn't give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

Wizered67

I put up some screenshots..... Not the best, but an idea of the game (I really hope my terrible mapping doesn't make the game seem worse....)

CircleDrain

The maps are too empty.

They are very boring =(
Use different grasstiles and use more flowers/trees and many more xD

Jek

Dont take this negatively, but its not interesting at all to me.
I'm wondering, does rank change anything in the game? Like in a lot of online games, when you have a higher rank, your put into matches with other players of similar rank. Does rank change anything in game, or is it just a rank?

Wizered67

I was thinking that with rank you'd be able to use new equipment, go into new dungeons, use some new skills, etc....

element

new skill prob shoudn't have anything to do with rank but yeah its ur game  :P

Are u making it alone or in a team ?

Spaceman McConaughey

Thank god this game is free, or I'd laugh twice as hard at it! :xD:

Wizered67

February 20, 2011, 06:11:55 pm #10 Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 06:28:23 pm by Wizered67
I know its been a while since I posted here, but don't think that I am not working on this. In fact, the game is better than ever. I finally got someone to help me with graphics which is great news for me. Some updates I've made are:

• Updated Tilesets with Inquisitor's tileset.

• Made progress on custom menu with Mouse Window API. I've made the main menu and equip window so far.

• Made a shop window.

• Made a few RMX-OS plugins for the game. They have been posted in the RMXP script database.

• Worked on graphics for weapons, skills, etc.

I am also updating the first post with some new screenshots in a second.

Also, if you are interested in joining the Legendary Kingdoms Team, then I am interested in letting you join. Feel free to post or message me if you are.

AliveDrive

I think it has potential.

What positions are you looking to fill?
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Wizered67

Honestly, pretty much anything. If you tell me what you would like to do, I'm sure theres a spot for you.

AliveDrive

what do you need most?

i cant write a story, and to borrow a quote "i couldn't script my way out of a box." xD
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Wizered67

Graphical stuff, ideas, etc. Also, just because you can't script doesn't mean you can't come up with an idea someone else can script.

AliveDrive

That is NOT how I roll, sir.  :haha:

But I can:

• make icons,

• do *SIMPLE* *RTP ONLY* sprite edits.

• event the craziest things.

• brainstorm with you.

• etc.

But not today, I'm about to sign off. Let me know what you had in mind.

Wizered67

I'm glad you're interested. I'll contact you when I need your assistance. In the mean time, should a consider you a team member?

Zexion

i can help with some sprites but not fullll time like if you need a quick edit i can usually make/edit weapons, armours, shields, any single equipment in 30 minutes or less. Full armour sets might take a day or 2 but I like spriting a lot :P so just saying if you ever need a quick sprite or 2 just pm me. I usually get on at 5 pm central (U.S) and almost everyday, more on weekends too. I like the looks of this game :P