Where did my motivation go? :(

Started by Valdred, July 29, 2010, 01:18:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Valdred

Suddenly... I feel that my motivation has disappeared. Although I want to complete my project/game so much, and I've worked so hard, I just get depressed when trying to do something. I have got so far, and I always look forward to working on my game, but when I sit there with rpg maker in front of me, I'm just... overwhelmed by the fact that it's still a lot to do, and if I fail to do it there wont be no game and all my time will have been useless.
What should I do? If somebody makes me get trough this, I will reward him with an unencrypted version of the game.

:(

WhiteRose

Try skipping the section you're working on now, and coming back to it later. Move ahead to a major plot point or something that will be a lot of fun to make, or something where your characters display their personalities and uniqueness very strongly. This will hopefully help you realize that you've become more attached to your project than you seem to think, and will get you back on track. No need for any reward, by the way.

Valdred

SBR*

How about taking a break? That always helps for me! And then I forget about my project, and start working on it a few months later... Don't let that happen to you! :D

Tazero

You could do what I do and just make maps no eventing for the time being

If you were a fish...

Jek

I always play a RMXP to get my inspiration back up, then work on the game again. Try this game: http://rpgmaker.net/games/14/

legacyblade

If you work on a long project for long enough without having anything to show all your interweb buddies, it's bound to happen. Playing great RMXP games is always a good motivational booster, like the above poster said. My favorite would have to be Quintessence: The Blighted Venom (http://www.freebirdgames.com/quintessence.html). That, or buying some pretzels, should motivate you again.

G_G

Working on a project with close internet friends or real life friends. Thats what keeps me motivated.

Right now I'm in 3 serious projects and I haven't lost motivation, I get tired and bored every now so I usually go play the xbox and next thing I know i'm sick of playing and want to go back to work on the projects.