Plasma physics

Started by The Niche, September 05, 2010, 02:46:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Niche

Actually no. I just wanted to know because I'm too lazy to read the wikipedia article. If plasma is a gas with no electrons, what happens to the electrons? Do they fall off and become electric current or something? Do they explode with style?
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Subsonic_Noise

My spidey-senses tell me that they probably would attach themselves to the next possible atoms, turning them into Ions witha negative charge, just because every atom except for a certain group of elements called "Edelgase" in german) can use some electrons and they don't like flying around all alone either. I don't know any of the words needed to properly explain this though, and I could be horribly wrong. But that's what me spidey senses told me.

The Niche

Actually, that sounds fairly right. How the hell I didn't think of that, I do not know. The Edelgase elements are called the Nobel/Noble gases in English I think. Thanks for the answer.

Soooo, who else has questions about plasma?
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!