Ascension Part 1: Rebirth

Started by gRaViJa, November 11, 2010, 05:03:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

xeilmach

The art looks great! You're a very organized bunch and that's going to help a lot in cutting down time.

The battle system is cool as well. The key input thing is like what Naruto games uses for techniques.

Hope to see a demo soon!
Quote from: Blizzard on November 17, 2010, 02:22:18 am
Don't worry if you lose your motivation at one point. Just keep doing something else, it should come back to you. If it doesn't, get back into it anyway. xD

gRaViJa

There should be a demo pretty soon. I think it will be finished in a week or so, but i'll need some betatesters before i release it in public.

gRaViJa

Character art for 3 of the 4 main characters

ForeverZer0

This looks truly promising, I wish you all the best of luck and look forward to trying it out.
BTW, nice post.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

gRaViJa

November 16, 2010, 06:52:28 pm #5 Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 05:41:49 pm by gRaViJa
Takahashi Kym is composing the OST for this game. Here is one of his tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6d3ZnVcLIU

The first two chapters are 99% done. So the betatesters should get a message soon. (not sure if anyone from chaosproject has subscribed)

gRaViJa

The betateam is testing the demo at the moment, but the main reason i post here is to announce that we finished the trailer of the game. We all put a lot of hard work into it and we're happy to say that we have won the award for best Trailer over at rpgflag.nl. Anyway, watch and enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5UnAR6ASuA

gRaViJa

Since i first posted here, i feel the game has greatly improved. Thanks for all the feedback you guys gave. Keep it comming! Now that the demo is being betatested, i felt it was time to update the first post, so it is up to pair with the rest of the game. Here it is for review:

gRaViJa

Gravity Games is proud to announce that we will release the public demo on january 2nd 2011.There is a public betademo around since
last week, but the real public demo will have no errors or anything. The demo contains the first 2 chapters of the game and has about 2
to 3 hours of gameplay. Please do mind that some systems in the demo are still in beta and therefore might not work 100% right.

Also, we are still uploading the OST on YouTube, this is the last entry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdJWeYTSwnY

Happy New Year!

gRaViJa

January 02, 2011, 10:30:09 am #9 Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 09:28:10 am by gRaViJa
Gravity Games is proud to announce that we have released the public demo today. The demo contains the first 2 chapters of the game and has about 2 to 3 hours of gameplay. Please do mind that some systems in the demo are still in beta and therefore might not work 100% right. We also know that there are some problems with the grammar in the game, but Zankoku No Yami has agreed to help us on this, so the full version should be free of grammar errors. Aside of this, please enjoy the demo ;)

Please give your feedback, opinion etc ^^

Starrodkirby86

Greeeat execution on your part here.

You should edit the download button into your first post. I don't really have much to say here, other that it looks pretty amazing!

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

gRaViJa

I uploaded a video of the last battle in the demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIf0wC52Mig

The current version of the demo is stable and working, but we're working on the improvements based on people's feedback. The dialogues are also being overhauled/improved by Zankoku no yami. The improved and final version of the demo will be ready in a few weeks. In the meanwhile, i'm working on chapter 3 of the game which is about 50% finished.

tSwitch

your battle system is a phenomenal idea.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

gRaViJa

July 07, 2011, 07:43:19 pm #13 Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 10:07:36 am by game_guy
You probaply forgot about this project and thought it was dead? Well, it isn't! ;)

We are still working on this and we are advancing nicely. Chapter 3 has been done and we are working on chapter 4. We also made some nice improvements on the first two chapters.

We have to thank anyone who played the demo, because their feedback really helped a lot. Demo 1.4 is up, it has some improvements to it, but the same area's will look and feel different in the full game. I also ditched the fullscreen stuff because it sucks. For some people the video will hamper, but you can bypass the video by choosing not to play it at the start. of course i'll be sure to have a better solution for the full game.

Here you can download Demo V1.4:

(demo not available anymore)

Another point we have been concentrating on is to make the game more unique. Like using original sound effects only or changing adding to the rtp style.

Speaking about originality: Ascension still has an all original OST. (non-original songs you may hear are placeholders). D33JNES used to write the music for Ascension, but he found a job in the professional gaming industry as a composer! KayinOne is our new composer and this is her first song for our game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8cSvk44FTc

And let's not forget about some screenshots (mostly chapter 3):

Spoiler: ShowHide

With a bit of luck, Ascension Part1 will be playable in january 2012!

Ya need spoilers for your images. ;3 ~ G_G

gRaViJa

We have decided to take down the demo from the website and all forums. We feel that the current demo is not a good representation of the current status of Ascension anymore. We have learned a lot from the feedback and implemented these changes for the full release. Also, the full game will be released in Q1 2012, so it's better to wait for the full version to play anyway.

Blizzard

Please put the screenshots in spoilers.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.