[CFRESOURCE]BABS Character Templates

Started by Calintz, September 21, 2010, 05:18:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Niche

There's just no pleasing some people... :V: I was too lazy to do new positions for the legs so I just took Calintz's legs from the sword pose.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Ryex

ah, well IMHO the legs should be about half way between where they are now and where you had them strait. at least now it looks believable it just look like he is squatting low with his legs spread, which I wouldn't do were I to shoot a bow. but for a flashy dame effect it's believable.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Dweller

Nice work The Niche.

Testing your bow template:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Dwellercoc

The Niche

Quote from: Dweller on March 14, 2011, 06:33:48 am
Nice work The Niche.

Testing your bow template:

Sorry, imageshack is blocked for me. Would you be able to upload to photobucket?
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

G_G

LOL! Its the exact opposite for me. Good thing I'm still at home >.<

The Niche

March 14, 2011, 08:30:42 am #45 Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 07:23:36 pm by The Niche
You have a habit for self advertisement, I see. Anyway, that looks good, thanks for the upload!

EDIT: HOLY SHIT I'M ALMOST FINISHED!!one

Ok, I'm not sure if I want to do a barehand template, does anyone need one?

I have a couple of things to add to the to-do list:

• Gun - should be the same for rifle, pistol and crossbow.

• Miscellaneous poses, such as pointing for the use of a skill, consuming an item, maybe crouching for charging.

• Jump and sneak templates and I'll upload the template I use for running

• I intend to also make a female set for the templates and possibly a child set as well

Edit: Done the template for a two handed gun. One handed is a few edits to this one, so it'll be up later.

The template: ShowHide

Guidelines: ShowHide

Edit: Eh, I was too lazy too do the one handed template. So, here's one of my misc poses, pointing:

With Head movement: ShowHide

Without: ShowHide

Edit: Scratch that, I'm done the one handed gun. I think it may need some improvement later, but yeah. Guns are done.

The Template: ShowHide

JellalFerd

Do you think you could do a template for thrusting a spear as a projectile?
QuoteFrank says:
But obviously they put on that shirt on in the morning.
Hmmm..
Booty shirts are nice.
Depends on the girl.
Jellal says:
booty shirts
lolwut

The Niche

I could do it but it won't be for a while. I'm moving on to the ARC rtp and all the spriting I'll be doing will be for that.

JellalFerd

D:
Oh well, might as well try spriting it myself.
QuoteFrank says:
But obviously they put on that shirt on in the morning.
Hmmm..
Booty shirts are nice.
Depends on the girl.
Jellal says:
booty shirts
lolwut

The Niche

Alright, well here's how I do it:

First off, get the walking template. Copy the first pose for each row of the default template to make a base image. I reccomend saving that image, you'll probably use it alot.

Next up, draw in the positions of your weapon using single pixel lines to represent the weapon. Make sure to do it on a new layer.

On another layer, use single pixel lines to guidelines for the arm and leg positioning.

On yet another layer, take the darkest colour from the template and draw around the limb guidelines. You might want to hide the weapon guides.

Finally, shade it in using the other colours. I can't really help you with this step, trial and error all the way.