Author Topic: Legion in Warrior Mode  (Read 2541 times)

Offline Blizzard

• This sexy
  • Administrator
  • has over 9000 posts
  • LV: 642
  • Magic midgets.
    • View Profile
    • You're already on it. (-_-')
Legion in Warrior Mode
« on: October 01, 2010, 06:08:35 PM »
HOLY SHIT! I hust beat Legion in Warrior Mode! It was hard as fuck. The battle took way over half an hour. The levels for Jason, Endout, Lucius and Ariana were 39, 40, 37 and 40 respectively. The last time I played on New Game Mode my party was about level 49 and it was hard. This was even harder. D:

Here is the strategy that did it for me.

Equipment:
Jason: Pheonix Sword, Water Shield, Thunderhelm, Redsteel Armor, Power Ring, EXP Orb, Power Greaves
Endout: Gargoyle Claw, Steel Spike, Ice Bandana, Battlesuit, Thunder Crystal, Mind Ring, Ring of Hunger
Lucius: Illuminata, Azoth, Falcon Bandana, Catalyst, Shield Ring, Resistor Ring, Rage Extender
Ariana: Cosmo Staff, Handgun, Double Hairband, Ari Robe, Blessed Pendant, White Pearl, Protector Ring

Phoenix Sword is very strong and it has the Phoenix Burner SR which is incredibly useful as it casts Auto-Revive on the whole party. Redsteel Armor has Magia that restore 25% MP of the user to all allies which can save a lot of Ethers. Battlesuit is the not the strongest possible armor in Astralis, but it can cast Spellblocker which is very useful. Azoth and Thunderhelm both have Shockbolt that paralyzes enemies and Catalyst (yet another not-strongest armor) can cast Vitrum that restores 50% HP of the user to all allies. It was a useful alternative when Ariana had to heal the party from status effects using Salvation. White Pearl protects against darkness-elemental damage and Blessed Pendant against instant-kill attacks. These were my reasons for the equipment. And I couldn't really afford better equipment. :=

I started the battle with full SR (100%, 100%, 150% and 100% for Jason, Endout, Lucius and Ariana respectively). The first thing I did was to immediately strike with a Halo of The Sun as it deals about 35k damage to everybody and hence the 4 Parts of Legion die immediately. When they are dead, it gives me 2 turns that Legion uses to revive them (not always one right after another). Endout's Battle Suit had Spell Blocker (Resistance to all allies) so I used it from time to time. Though, there was one Part of Legion that kept casting Disintegrate. D: Another Part of Legion was annoying with Energizer and at one moment, when it cast it on Legion, Legion regainrd 39996 HP over the course of 4 turns since he kept killing Lucius whom I had to revive and induce with Unleasher to make him able to cast Disintegrate with his Rage Extender. As soon as I could, I used Phoenix Burner with Jason's Phoenix Sword that cast Auto-Revive on everybody. I kept using Jason's and (mainly) Lucius' Shockbolt SR to paralyze the Parts of Legion. When I had the chance, I stroke with more Half of The Suns. Ariana was mostly using Restoration to heal the entire party. Endout kept using Bright Blow while Jason was using Energy Slash. It was an insanely hard battle. It might have been even harder than a level 100 battle against Hellvoid. Don't attempt the battle with a lower level than 40 with Ariana. Without Restoration, you're completely screwed. And without Phoenix Sword you're screwed as well. The best idea is to go get it as soon as you defeat Shadow Creature.
Legion itself is nasty. If he uses Infection, chances are that one of your party members is out cold and has to be healed for a variety of status effects. Nova is tough, but it isn't so bad if you keep healing with Ariana. Sandstorm is the nastiest attack. Sometimes it would do just enough damage to kill 2-3 of my party members. This is where Auto-Revive came in handy. The second nasty thing about Sandstorm is that it can blind all party members as well. I wasted quite a few attacks because of this. Endout's Spellblocker was also useful when until it wasn't dispelled by a Part of Legion. One Part of Legion also kept using Dark Force which was deadly combined with Sandstorm. Without Phoenix Sword I wouldn't have made it with such a low level.
During the battle I've spent a few Phoenix Feathers, Phoenix Flames, Unleashers and the one or another Synth Redeema. I even had to use a Karma Ether on Jason once. At the end of the battle Endout and Ariana were out of MP, lol!

Again: HOLY SHIT!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 06:51:01 PM by Blizzard »
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze      King of Booze: Never Ever      Pet Bots
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android      Pet Bots for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS      Pet Bots for iOS
Drinking Game on Steam

Quote from: winkio
I do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney Stinson
When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Offline Blizzard

• This sexy
  • Administrator
  • has over 9000 posts
  • Magic midgets.
    • View Profile
Re: Legion in Warrior Mode
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 12:36:33 PM »
Bumping this thread for its insane amount of glory.

Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android      Pet Bots for Android
Drinking Game on Steam

Offline Kagutsuchi

• Ethereal Devastator
  • LV: 2
  • The God of .. eating souls?
    • View Profile
    • University Hosted Web Page - In Norwegian
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 12:49:34 AM »
Blizzard, stop wanking your epeen :P

Offline winkio

• Epiq
  • Administrator
  • Guardian of Chaos
  • LV: 199
  • I am lying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 02:06:58 AM »
I was going to do a parody of how epic getting dressed was, but then, I decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Offline Blizzard

• This sexy
  • Administrator
  • has over 9000 posts
  • Magic midgets.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 12:40:03 PM »
So, I'm there again. >_> I'm testing Zero Hero and I' just beat Doom Caller. Reading my first post again I'm really not up for doing this at Jason 37, Endout 38, Lucius 35 and Ariana 41. xD I'll at least wait until I get Sydon or something (right now I arrive in Mandora). The EXP from the other bosses and the decent stuff I got from the rewards should be enough to keep me afloat at least until chapter 9. Phoenix Sword especially will be useful at the Mountains of Slumber.

Drinking Game on Steam