DesPKP's Nostalgia reviews

Started by Holyrapid, October 30, 2010, 11:37:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Holyrapid

October 30, 2010, 11:37:55 am Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 03:32:28 am by DesPKP
So, here's the deal. I'm going to start making video game reviews about old nostalgic games using emulators. The action will be recorded with fraps CamStudio since i didn't get it to work, and i probably will record my won voice to be put on the video as well. For this purpose i will use Audacity, since i already have it installed and it can record voice.

Give me ideas and suggestions on which to do. I will, for the sake of it being easy and i know to them to work on my computer, currently focus on Nintendo and Sega consoles.
Once i get at least one done, i'll post a link.

Work list:

• Krions Conquest

• Secret of Evermore

• Secret of Mana

Note: I won't take more until i finish at least one video.
Games reviewed:
(nothing)

Nightowl Atticus

You should probably review The Krion Conquest, it's a Megaman clone.
95% of teens would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers @ the top of a skyscraper about to jump.
Copy and paste this if you are the 5% that would shout "Jump assholes!"

Holyrapid

October 30, 2010, 12:05:02 pm #2 Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 01:14:26 pm by DesPKP
Once i figure FRAPS out... I can't get it to record.

Ok, so far, had no luck getting fraps to work, so i'll at least for now change to cam studio.

Spoofus

you should play Secret of Evermore
it's possibly the one of the best SNES games out there

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Holyrapid

Ok, i'll add that to work list. I'll keep a list in the first post, and on my computer. I'll take on three games at a time.

Spoofus

haha got another one

Secret of Mana another great SNES game

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Holyrapid

October 31, 2010, 04:19:07 am #6 Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 05:49:43 am by DesPKP
Ok, this is starting to bug me off, seriously. I can't get fraps to work, and camstudio won't record from speakers, so that there's no music from the games, which is annoying.
What should i try next? Hypercam? Something else? Give me ideas!

FYI, if i can't find a recording program that captures the audio as well, i might not do this. So, if you want me to do this, help me!

Nightowl Atticus

October 31, 2010, 06:19:46 am #7 Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 06:21:27 am by Nightowl Atticus
Ach, that's annoying. Try an older version of FRAPS, like 2.9.4
I don't know if it has 30-second limit similar to the newer version but check it out.
...or.. try this: http://www.uvnc.com/screenrecorder/
Here's also a list of video recording programs: http://www.webresourcesdepot.com/10-free-screen-recording-softwares-for-creating-attractive-screencasts/
95% of teens would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers @ the top of a skyscraper about to jump.
Copy and paste this if you are the 5% that would shout "Jump assholes!"

Holyrapid

Major necropost and revival, because i will start to make these again and i ask of you what should i review?
I have got a software to record the audio, though not directly... I have to use the microphone, so it might sound a bit crappy, and my voice may overlap it.
I probably will skip the Krion, since i keep dying so fucking often...

So should i stick to my original schedule of doing the two "secret of *" games? Or should i do something else?

Spaceman McConaughey

I honestly do not care what you review, just do anything. Surprise us. ;)

Archer

My Screen Recorder is a better screen recording software. It records your screen and audio from the speakers or your voice from the microphone - or both simultaneously. The recordings are clear and look great when played back on your PC or uploaded to YouTube. It will record directly to standard compressed format that works with any video editor or any tool, no conversion required.

ForeverZer0

Lol, let's all take advantage of anonymity and necro-post everywhere!
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: Archer on April 23, 2011, 09:25:43 am
I honestly do not care what you review, just do anything. Surprise us. ;)

I do not remember making this post and I am fairly certain I was pretending to be nice seeing as I was on thin ice around that time.

HA HA HA

Ranquil

Please do Clock Tower for the SNES. It's a Japanese exclusive but there's a fan translation for it.

That game needs more love. ;___;
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

KK20

Just want to ask if you realized this thread is dead and was only bumped from a necropost during April Fools.
I should just lock it.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!