Quick Weapon Switch Pictures

Started by swick, December 13, 2010, 08:42:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

swick

Okay. The request is simple, and I couldn't find another thread similar to what I want to do. I'm using Blizz-ABS with the Quick Weapon Switch addon. But in my game, I don't want the player to have to go through many menus to do what they want, such as equipping weapons. Hence the reason why I'm using the quick weapon switch addon.

But I was wondering if anybody could help me make a common event (I'm assuming that's what would be needed), to show what weapon the player currently has equipped, using pictures? Also, if possible to show how much ammo there is beside the gun? I am not that great with variables and what not which is why I need some help.

Thanks in advance if anybody can help out :)

The Amazing Link

Simple, Use a HUD

I recommend the "Z-HUD for Blizz-abs" and the "Blizz ABS Weapon Equip HUD for Z-HUD"

The "Z-Hud for Blizz-abs" displays your HP, MP, skills equiped, and items equiped. Link below
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=4284.0

The "Blizz ABS Weapon Equip HUD for Z-HUD"  displays the current weapon and has some other customizable features. Link below
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=9061.0
Spoiler: ShowHide
*leaves without sword* *beats game anyways*

Boba Fett Link

Quote from: swick on December 13, 2010, 08:42:00 am
But I was wondering if anybody could help me make a common event (I'm assuming that's what would be needed), to show what weapon the player currently has equipped, using pictures? Also, if possible to show how much ammo there is beside the gun? I am not that great with variables and what not which is why I need some help.

Remember that in BABS the currently equipped item is the ammo, so even with the normal HUD you can see how much ammo you have left. The HUD and Add-on that The Amazing Link suggested will move the equipped item and skill to the right side of the screen along with the currently equipped weapon, so the ammo will be right beside the weapon.
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.