The Storyline Service. Worldbuilding, Plots, Characters & Internal Consistency!

Started by Vell, January 07, 2008, 07:03:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vell

/bow

I return to you all, as epic as before.

We need a snazzy banner

Diokatsu

Vell

Tazero

just for ulta I'll make more like later like phsyea

If you were a fish...

Diokatsu

Vell

cool. if u could do a Flash thing with it it'd be awesome.

Diokatsu

Vell

Reno-s--Joker

Hey uh... I hope I've come to the right place but I'm having trouble deciding which of the following basic plotlines I should use/ merge and use/ improve and use:

Four of them: ShowHide
PLOTLINE ONE - GUILT
EVILDUDE tells HERO misleading information, leading HERO to commit a horrible act which brings doom on the world. HERO is led to believe he is the cause of all the chaos and strives to mend things, while EVILDUDE proceeds to take advantage of the world's chaotic state to put his world domination plan into play. Along the way, HERO randomly encounters anti-hero SEMIGOODGUY who wants to claim the quest of saving the world and all the glory it entails for himself.

PLOTLINE TWO - PURE EVIL
From the start, EVILDUDE is a purely evil character, whose evil schemes grow worse and worse. HERO, as the only one who truly understands EVILDUDE is convicted with the quest to protect the world from EVILDUDE who continually falls in and out of evil acts and seeming redemption.

PLOTLINE THREE - HISTORY
HERO and EVILDUDE's ancestors were once great conflicting rulers in history and their hatred for each other is reflected in their direct descendants. However, by the story's end both have reconciled and are able to settle the ancient feud between their families. All the other characters (including SEMIGOODGUY) they meet in their quest are also driven by unknown ancestral pasts which are gradually revealed.

PLOTLINE FOUR - JEALOUSY
EVILDUDE is a highly revered member of his local community and his close friend HERO never seems to be able to fight in the way that he can. A mysterious disappearance of EVILDUDE causes the locals to believe that HERO is jealous of EVILDUDE and must have killed him. HERO's subsequent banishement/rejection leads him to explore EVILDUDE's disappearance further and along the way he discovers EVILDUDE's true and dark motives to take over the world.

Just to let you know I have restrictions on characterisation because I'm basing this off real people. The villain doesn't want to die in the end, for example. D: I'd be happy to answer any questions if needed.

Thanks in advance, and any helpful help is appreciated! :xD:

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

personally, I think one three and four should be combined in some way. like the evil guy convinces the good guy to do somethin bad, then vanishes, and then goog guy is banished, and along the way, several clues to an ancient battle or whatever comes out, and it's like 'Woah, we did this before.' and then towards the end the evil dude reveals what he's tryin to do is break out of a cycle. or somethin like that. like some basic fusion of 1, 3, and 4. sounds like a nice story, at the basics.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Susys on March 29, 2009, 01:40:28 pm
Quote from: Blizzard on March 29, 2009, 08:43:05 am
Valcos is a woman.

Spam?
Nah, Blizzard is suggesting to change the "Idea Man" bit because Valcos's specified gender is Female. The gender thing is pretty debatable, methinks... And it can get annoying, no?

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Diokatsu

I'm keeping it the same unless Valcos wants to clear things up.

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

Blizzard no offense to you because your awesome, but that IS a bit spammy IMO.

Valcos

If it makes everyone happy I'll change my gender :<_<:

Quote from: UltaFlame on March 29, 2009, 11:48:00 am
personally, I think one three and four should be combined in some way. like the evil guy convinces the good guy to do somethin bad, then vanishes, and then goog guy is banished, and along the way, several clues to an ancient battle or whatever comes out, and it's like 'Woah, we did this before.' and then towards the end the evil dude reveals what he's tryin to do is break out of a cycle. or somethin like that. like some basic fusion of 1, 3, and 4. sounds like a nice story, at the basics.

...Ulta took everything I was going to say pretty much -_-".

Like, evil guy and the good guy are like close friends but, then at the same time they are at a rivalry because of their ancestors. So, the bad guy tricks the good guy to commit a serious crime and it could possibly make it seem like he has killed the bad guy but, he knows that hes not dead. He gets banished... then what Ulta said sounds good xD.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Reno-s--Joker

Thanks so much Ulta and Valcos! :xD: You guys have just inspired an awesome storyline for me... :shifty:

Especially this...
Quotethe evil dude reveals what he's tryin to do is break out of a cycle

:D

*powers up*

@Valcos: Change your 'Idea man' title or your profile gender? :O ... Or your gender in real life? :V: Anyhow, 'Idea Man' sounds better than 'Idea Woman' in my opinion. :^_^':

Blizzard

Quote from: UltaFlame on March 29, 2009, 08:54:41 pm
Blizzard no offense to you because your awesome, but that IS a bit spammy IMO.

It is, but there are people who get annoyed as hell when you confuse their gender. I'm just suprised that Dio (being member for a long time) doesn't know. -_-

Vell

It was my understanding that Valcos was a dude who put female as his gender on the forum for the lulz that would follow. I assume this would be one of those luls?

ANYWAY

NEW MEMBER TO THE STORYLINE SERVICE CAST!(ooh need to 'member that one)

LEGACYBLADE!! welcome on-board dude. More info in first post. lulz.

(to any who didn't know... this is the eighth topic EVER...! Epic, Yeah?)