[XP] Kill Count BABS Add On

Started by G_G, May 10, 2009, 02:20:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

Hehe no.  As I said, I was rushed, so I just typed up a quick little explanation of what the script did so that a different scripter could finish it for him.  As it says, it doesn't keep track of kills by items or slip damage, so you will need to ask g_g or somebody to add those in (and take out the stuff about rank and time, because its not needed).

G_G

Thanks winkio. I'll go off that and add it.

keyonne

This is a nice basic script, but I was looking for something that would let me keep track of enemies killed by type for quests. So, I can send the player off to kill x amount of zombies or such. Has anyone seen anything like this that would be usable with Blizz-ABS?

Wizered67

That could easily be evented by increasing a variable when each one is killed (you will need to set the trigger to death)

Holyrapid

Hey, i have few things i'd like to ask...

One: i'm not sure how to event the 'better item drop' thing, and besides, i'm not sure g_g undestood it right, no offense ment. I'll try to explain it better.
If you kill a certain number of the same (type) enemies, they will begin to drop better items.
Say, we kill five sahagin which have, say ten% of dropping a potion when dead. but, after weƤve killed six, there's say 20% they drop potion, or 5% they frop ether. Get it?
But, if we kill say a ghost in between, the chain goes back to one, and counts ghosts now, instead of sahagins... I have a video that should explain things a bit better than me.
The chaining part starts around 1.30 to 2.00 of the vids time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxDNcGvQLrw&p=977479D95F542BBF&playnext=1&index=7

Two: Could be made so that the chain number would be displayed briefly on the screen after killing an enemy (unless it's the first of that type)

The Niche

Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

keyonne

I'm not quite sure how one would go about tracking numbers of monster kills in my game. If you mean within the monster group event box, I don't think that's possible for me, as I am using Blizz ABS, which bypasses the monster groups entirely.

nathmatt

I made a blizzabs counter for each type of monster with quest in mind i believe I called it individual enemy counter just look in the scripts section
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Noob

Can it keep track of players u killed?