Happy Birthday, New CP!

Started by Blizzard, January 08, 2011, 08:52:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: Blizzard on January 08, 2011, 04:51:39 pm
Oh, I totally agree. I learned a lot from RMXP. But it was time for me to go to the next level.
I'm not saying that you can't make a professional looking game, I'm only saying that RMXP isn't a good choice for professional game development (in other words, commercial games, as G_G already said).

Beside all of it, I had a lot of benefits from RMXP. Not only have I learned a lot in scripting/programming and game design in general, I also had a lot of fun with RMXP itself and with the community. I was able to use my game CP as my diploma thesis and my English improved significantly ever since I joined the community. Heck, I even wrote and defended my thesis in English. xD

Yes. You can get great results, just a dumb move would be to make anything commercial(that goes for Valhira, and many others I've seen). If you bought a commercial RMXP game, you'd just be paying for something that can easily be imitated by someone else, and possibly done better, for free(Looking at you again, Valhira. Say hi to my friend Shaiya). And then what? You lost money on a pointless purchase.

I know that every game can be imitated, but the effort is greatly decreased with RMXP games, depending on the RMXP game you try to imitate.
Did I get something wrong here? Meh, it's okay. Doesn't bother me.

By the way, the comments about Valhira were not personal attacks on Delusian's game, they are just FACTS. The game is not worth paying for from what even the screenshots show me, and who would trust a guy that came out of nowhere(basically) with their credit card information?

On topic again, I would say that this long pointless post was induced by sleep deprivation, me craving to Alt+TAB back to Mafia II, and my severe horniness. Sorry. :D
Was that even on topic? Meh.

Starrodkirby86

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Spaceman McConaughey

Futendra

Well I now study for arts, and I think I'll go for game art design and stuff like that, just because I'm intrested in it, and I know form myself that if I am intrested in something, I just have to spend hours,days,weeks,months, even maybe years finding it out!

stripe103

Hours, days, and weeks, sure.. but MONTHS AND YEARS! If you really do that, I think you got to learn to let go :D

DeXuS

Meh, I'm just making a game (Two actually, Possibly 3 if someone wants to help with the last,) for my self.  If someone want's to play them so be it, it dosn't make me horny thinking about it.   Gives me somthing to do and a way to kill the boringness of this town.

But I do think that rmxp can be professional IF they allow you to save the game for play on the NDS.  Let's hear it for Homebrew Maker XP!!!   :w00t: :gunz: :clap: :bow: :zzz:  <-- Hey, wake up and cheer!!!