Cooking/Combination Event System

Started by AliveDrive, February 24, 2011, 11:21:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AliveDrive

Cooking/Combination Event System v0.01
Version: 0.01
Type: Event System

Introduction

Though nowhere near completion, and hardly practical, presenting to you the Cooking/Combining Event System!

Features

• Cooking consists of taking 1 raw ingredient and modifying it into an item usable on the field and in battle.
  • Combining consists of taking 2 or more ingredients and modifying it into an item for use on the field and in battle.
  • Primary difference being: Cooking requires you to be at a stove/fire/use logic people it's cooking.
  • Combining can be done anywhere, anytime.

Screenshots

It's done with events, and is graphically pretty boring... sorry 'bout that. :/

Demo

http://www.mediafire.com/?ao11sstv11nystu

Instructions

Instructions are included with demo.
I know you might not want to download to try it out so I'll just explain it here. I wanted a system like this in my game but couldn't really find anything to my specifications so I crafted one (albeit shoddy) system. The main downfall is that EACH and EVERY item has to be individually added which is why I only included a handful in the demo. I have plans to add around a hundred items over time. Each item has different effects and almost all benefit you or your party in some way. In its most basic form, its free/weak potions. On the combining bit, it will be more limited. For instance, I have included only two combines in the demo: bombs, and ecto plasm. Bombs are used for blowing strategic holes in walls, and ecto plasm is used for making bank.

Credits and Thanks

• Alivedrive

Author's Notes

I'll probably update this once I have a more impressive amount of items added to the database...manually -.-
I feel like this has some degree of potential, but i haven't slept in a day or two from playing littlebigplanet and this, so suggestions, comments appreciated. Thanks.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

tech williams

Hopefully im not reviving the dead, but you encrypted the demo so we cant see the script or how you did it.
How is it ninjas exist when they were meant to be silent killers? Shouldn't they be unknown?<br /><br />Hay you...Check out my deviant art.<br />Click here

AliveDrive

That's because instead of making this a new project I just made a detached map so that it would be integrated into my "game".

If you'd like I can release an unencrypted version of Sandbox Island, but I haven't worked on it in a while... *reminisces*

Sorry for the delayed response, I was on break.
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

tech williams

Sure take your time. I tried making an event cooking system but its psycho long Im just looking for a shorter one  :^_^': (wishes he knew how to script as good as he can event)
How is it ninjas exist when they were meant to be silent killers? Shouldn't they be unknown?<br /><br />Hay you...Check out my deviant art.<br />Click here

AliveDrive

I used a similar method for this but it doesn't include a fail rate, or combo books which increase your success rate.

But if you'd like the full version just let me know.

The mini-combo system is in here.

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,8918.msg138617.html#msg138617

tech williams

Thx, I should be able to figure out the cookbooks and fail system easy, I just needed the script part of it.

AliveDrive

Sir I couldn't script my way out of a box.

You'll find nothing in there but common events.

;)

But if you'd like, I can provide additional assistance showing exactly what I did.

tech williams

That makes 2 of us, but the events you made look WAY easier than the ones I tried to do.  :haha: Im really good at eventing, but I tend to do it the long way.

AliveDrive

Eventing is a lot of trial and error.

Sandbox Island embodies most of my trial and error.

I have 78 Common Events plus other event systems in the maps. If you look back at my Event System Collection post, you can see the embryonic stages of this "game". I hadn't really intended to release it yet, but since I've stopped working on it for the most part then maybe it can benefit you.

Just be aware that this isn't a game, or even a tutorial. It's a Sandbox where I played around for about a collective year.

Some things have been done before (and better) but I wanted to try my hand at them. This is the result.

http://db.tt/fhxxusK

Credits:

• Modyfied Scene_Name By Cyclope

• Autofullscreen by Unknown Helpful contributor.

I'll go ahead and list some of my ideas:

• Hero Points (SMRPG frog coins)

• Fishing

• Boxing

• Running Shoes

• Dark Ivory Dice (Random Status affliction to enemy)

• Chicken catching minigame

• Throw money skill

• Sheer Dumb Luck skill (random damage)

• JogRock (gains attack power based on number of steps taken/1000

• Exp. Amulet (failed)

• Bank system (based on a tutorial, though edited)

• Achievement system

• Interest system (failed)...ikr? lol

• Very early prototype of my COMBINE SYSTEM.

• Critical health (failed)

• Split personality (Anti-Alex, Ghost Alex)

• Absorb HP (fail i think)

• Mining event system

• Smelting event system

• Save event system (explained below)

• Warp event system (SaTel, or Save and Teleportation system: save, use a tent, or warp to previously activated SaTel)

• Pet event system (half fail)

• Regen over time

• Complex combination (more recent, based off the earlier version but includes chance to fail.)

• Cook Books (Increases combine success rate)

• Random gift from chest (configure gift options)

• Iced (blizz-abs enemy attack, froze you, then as you thaw you slowly regain normal movement speed)

• Flash (blizz-abs enemy attack, lights up room/ stuns you)

• Improved regen over time

• Cat's bell (heals per step)

• Cooking (as included in this thread's demo)

• a few others

I copied some common events from an earlier game of mine, if they never got used, I never configured the variables.

I can in no way, shape, or form guarantee any of these. That being said, feel free to ask questions.

tech williams

My first question. How do you half fail at pet systems  :haha:

AliveDrive

It was supposed to be like pokemon. Or follow you on screen. I'm not even sure anymore haha.

The Niche

My game is going to have a taming system, which will combine with a pet system. Yeah, stuff stuff stuff. Anyway, tis a suggestion. I'm intrigued to see how you'd do this.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

AliveDrive

Well since the current *snickers* event request thread isn't currently event requesting I'll give it a shot.

KoenLemmen

I am downloading the Cooking combo know.
Koen Lemmen

Information:
Spoiler: ShowHide
PS I am dutch. So I could make some typ faults. 8)

More info: :P

Hello I am Koen,
I come from the Netherlands,
and I am still living there.
I playing many games.

Here is a list with favorites:
Saint Row 2
Red Alert 1, 2 and 3
WarRock
AA3

I like making sites and games.
I'm always making my games with RPG Maker XP.
Sometimes I do work with Visual C++ and Adobe Photo shop.

2 years ago I made internet radio. Thats one of my hobby's. Because I like music.

Still questions about me? You can mail me. gamekoen@hotmail.nl or follow me on twitter. www.twitter.com/KoenLemmen.
Greets Koen

Spoiler: ShowHide

AliveDrive

Cool :)

So Niche: http://db.tt/r4Ox13l

Basic Taming System

• If you have the proper bait, animal joins your party and follows you* on map.

• You may dismiss the animal and have it rejoin you later. It will retain its level and stats.

• There is an interesting bug with the leaves when you change maps, I'm working on it.

• Chillax tunes

Enjoy :D

(If mods want this moved that's fine, but please note that this was just an example and not a full featured event system.)