you@chaos-project.com

Started by Blizzard, February 24, 2011, 12:45:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

February 24, 2011, 12:45:41 pm Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 12:35:12 pm by Blizzard
I was considering of doing this some time ago, but every host CP was hosted at had only a limited amount of mailboxes available. This has changed. :D

If you want your own your_name_here@chaos-project.com e-mail address, just post in this topic. You will get an inbox of 20 MB, you don't need more. Why? It's simple, you will only use the address, not the space on the server. You can easily set up either your mail client application (such as Outlook) or an your online application (such as GMail) to receive and send e-Mails with an alternative address.

Information:
Host: mail.chaos-project.com
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
SSL: no

You can also use SSL if you feel safer that way:
Host: mail.chaos-project.com
Protocol: POP3S
Port: 995
SSL: yes

Don't forget to configure your mail application to delete the messages from your @chaos-project.com inbox.
e.g. GMail has the option called "Leave a copy of retrieved message on the server.", simply turn it off.

How to configure a program to access your new e-Mail address

You can also access the webmail directly (e.g. in case you want to change your password or other options). The address is http://webmail.chaos-project.com.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

SBR*

Wow, that's awesome! I would like to have one :D!

What are Protocol and SSL?

Blizzard

SSL is short for Secure Socket Layer. It allows you to access your mail in a secure way by encrypting the communication between your PC and the mail server.

A "protocol" is a set of rules for proper communication between two entities (e.g. a client and a server). e.g. RMX-OS has a simple protocol to manage communication between clients and the server as well.

What do you want your mail name to be? Just sbr(at)chaos-project(dot)com?

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

SBR*

Quote from: Blizzard on February 24, 2011, 01:22:41 pm
SSL is short for Secure Socket Layer. It allows you to access your mail in a secure way by encrypting the communication between your PC and the mail server.

A "protocol" is a set of rules for proper communication between two entities (e.g. a client and a server). e.g. RMX-OS has a simple protocol to manage communication between clients and the server as well.

What do you want your mail name to be? Just sbr(at)chaos-project(dot)com?

When I can't use the 'star', I commonly use sbrs (sbrSTAR). I don't know if it's called a 'star' in English though. I have heard you can call it an 'asterisk' too? I don't really know why my username is SBR* anyway; I made it up a loooooooong time ago and I haven't changed it since then. I have considered calling myself Wave though.

Blizzard

SBR*

Quote from: Blizzard on February 24, 2011, 02:42:49 pm
Then what name do you want?

If you can call it a 'star' in English, I would like sbrs@chaos-project.com. If you can't, I have to rethink.

Blizzard

Actually it is asterisk, but that's only plain technical. In my language we call it star rather than asterisk.

SBR*

Quote from: Blizzard on February 24, 2011, 03:01:59 pm
Actually it is asterisk, but that's only plain technical. In my language we call it star rather than asterisk.

Same for me. sbrs@chaos-project.com, Please :D.

ForeverZer0

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

I have 4 addresses. One is my GMail, one is my CP address (which I am switching over to be my main), one is the address I use to circumvent registrations on sites I don't care for and the last one is my Cateia address from which I reply when giving user support. You obviously don't use multiple addresses. Don't cry, one day you, too, will use more than one e-Mail.

Subsonic_Noise

I actually have about 6 of them, one on my own domain, and then some for my music projects and some for registrations. Besides, I can make as many adresses on my domain as well.. So meh, you failed.

Blizzard

SBR*

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on February 24, 2011, 05:04:57 pm
I actually have about 6 of them, one on my own domain, and then some for my music projects and some for registrations. Besides, I can make as many adresses on my domain as well.. So meh, you failed.

@chaos_project.com > @your_domain.w/e Anyway.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: SBR* on February 24, 2011, 05:12:19 pm
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on February 24, 2011, 05:04:57 pm

@chaos_project.com > @your_domain.w/e Anyway.

ah, why did nobody tell me? This changes everything!

G_G

gameguy@chaos-project.com

Not sure if your host allows it, but can you have redirect emails? Have it gameguy@chaos-project.com but really send it to a different email? If so, you should have my email redirect to blocker222@gmail.com. I <3 Blizz

Ryex

thats what he is saying. have gmail retrieve the emails form your Chaos Project address, you can set that up from you gmail.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Zexion

I want one :) zexion@chaos-project.com pls! I could use it for like rmxp stuff.

Blizzard

February 25, 2011, 02:33:48 am #19 Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 02:38:54 am by Blizzard
@G_G: What Ryex said. I'd like to avoid mail forwarding and you can retrieve the mails with your GMail account. Just go to Settings->Accounts and Import and add another email address. The useful thing here is that you can also send mails from your GMail using your CP address.