Poll

Would you put time and effort into this community RPG (in other words, would you work on it)?

Yes, but I'm also working on REMEXOS
11 (64.7%)
Yes, but I'm also working on REMEXOS
5 (29.4%)
No
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: The Chaos-Project Community RPG: Song of Destruction NEWS  (Read 6420 times)

Offline winkio

• Epiq
  • Administrator
  • Guardian of Chaos
  • LV: 199
  • I am lying.
    • View Profile
The Chaos-Project Community RPG: Song of Destruction NEWS
« on: March 03, 2011, 10:07:44 PM »
Song of Destruction News
A Chaos-Project Community Game

March 8, 2011
After a few days of intense planning, the project finally has a name!

Songs of Destruction is a game about magic, exploration, and the end of the world.  Follow the adventures of William, a promising young member of the Church of the Overgod, as he battles a fearsome cult and uses the lost art of magic to put an end to their doomsday plot.

We are beginning to transition out of the planning phase and into the development phase.  This is the time for mappers, eventers, spriters, composers, and musicians to begin contributing to the project!

March 3, 2011
Fellow members of Chaos Project,

I want to tell you about a time in the past when everyone on this site was working actively on RMXP projects.  It was a golden age, where new scripts, resources, event systems, and playable game demos were popping up all over the forums at such a rate that nobody could even keep track of them all.  Those glory days may be over, but RMXP is not!  Let us band together and show the global RMXP community who we are!  WE ARE CHAOS PROJECT!

Alright guys, winkio here.  So we haven't been that active on the RMXP development side recently here at the forums.  We have REMEXOS, but it's kinda serious and is taking a long time due to it's complexity (it's an MMO using Blizz-ABS).  This is the first announcement regarding a new community project which will be less ambitious and more easily accessible to the community.  It's going to take some work, but it's going to be fun, and we will have a great game at the end of it.

About the project:  The project is codenamed "La Rpg" for now, until we decide on a title.  We will have a planning period of 3-6 weeks where we work on the story, features, and logistics, and then a development period that lasts until we finish the game.  There is no need for applications or being approved for a team member: simply find the topics in this section and post any contributions you wish.  Things will be organized by me, winkio, in the first post of each of the three main topics: NEWS (this one), RECRUITMENT, and PRODUCTION.

I hope everyone who has an interest in the project will find some way to be a part of it, whether it be developing, play testing, or giving some constructive criticism.  It's going to be awesome!

Past News:
(click to show/hide)

Recruitment: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,8798.0.html
Production: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,8799.0.html
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:17:11 PM by winkio »

Offline WhiteRose

• Trying to code in Ruby
  • Lexima Warrior
  • LV: 127
  • <3
    • View Profile
Re: The Chaos-Project Community RPG: Codename La Rpg
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 10:10:43 PM »
I'd be happy to throw a story together; that's one of my favorite parts of making RMXP games. People can of course change it as they see fit, but I could put together a base. I could also work on the dialog and cut-scene choreography - those are a few of my strong points.

I am also working on Remexos, however, so I wouldn't have a ton of time to put into this, but I still think I could make a worthwhile contribution.

Offline AliveDrive

• Astral Trancist
  • LV: 17
  • Nyah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 10:15:07 PM »
One of the most important things that this game doesn't do is distract a REMEXOS team member from her work. However, any contributions from someone skilled enough for REMEXOS would undoubtedly increase the potential of the game. That being said, WhiteRose, if you wanted to write a story that would be totally sweet.
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Offline winkio

• Epiq
  • Administrator
  • Guardian of Chaos
  • I am lying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 10:26:10 PM »
Right, I had that distinction in the poll from the beginning because I know that REMEXOS members have other stuff to do, so they can't put their full effort into this project.  Nevertheless, they should still get the chance to contribute if they want to, so they are welcome to contribute in whatever way they see fit.

Offline The Niche

• The Hair Man
  • Chaos User
  • LV: -171
  • Marvel at the hair.
    • View Profile
    • Laptops and Tea, the place to go for marketing your creativity!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 10:26:41 PM »
I'd be happy to throw a story together; that's one of my favorite parts of making RMXP games. People can of course change it as they see fit, but I could put together a base. I could also work on the dialog and cut-scene choreography - those are a few of my strong points.

I am also working on Remexos, however, so I wouldn't have a ton of time to put into this, but I still think I could make a worthwhile contribution.

Mind if I work with you on the story? I've been blasting ideas all over the place lately, I could do with using them constructively. Also, I'm willing to put effort into making a large amount of event systems for this and of course, the spriting. I'm also able to map, so yeah.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

(click to show/hide)
I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Offline winkio

• Epiq
  • Administrator
  • Guardian of Chaos
  • I am lying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 10:28:46 PM »
feel free to have this discussion in the actual project thread.  This thread is just to gauge interest/promote the game/get hype!

Offline WhiteRose

• Trying to code in Ruby
  • Lexima Warrior
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 11:00:38 PM »

Mind if I work with you on the story? I've been blasting ideas all over the place lately, I could do with using them constructively. Also, I'm willing to put effort into making a large amount of event systems for this and of course, the spriting. I'm also able to map, so yeah.

Sure, I don't mind at all. I've already got a basis down for a main theme - it is of course just an idea; something I threw together over the last couple minutes. I'll post it in the main thread and you can let me know what you think and give suggestions on how it could be better.

Offline winkio

• Epiq
  • Administrator
  • Guardian of Chaos
  • I am lying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 11:17:42 PM »
also, since the project thread will probably end up becoming a giant clusterfuck of amazing, I'll be posting news updates in the first post here :)

Offline AliveDrive

• Astral Trancist
  • Nyah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 11:34:59 PM »
With the recent expansion, and now this, it's looking like Chaos Project is entering a new golden age! 8)
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Offline WhiteRose

• Trying to code in Ruby
  • Lexima Warrior
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 11:42:03 PM »
I've posted my general idea for a story in the main thread in case anyone is interested in giving some feedback.

Offline Blizzard

• This sexy
  • Administrator
  • has over 9000 posts
  • LV: 642
  • Magic midgets.
    • View Profile
    • You're already on it. (-_-')
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 12:48:08 AM »
also, since the project thread will probably end up becoming a giant clusterfuck of amazing, I'll be posting news updates in the first post here :)

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/board,67.0.html

Better way to handle this. ;)
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze      King of Booze: Never Ever      Pet Bots
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android      Pet Bots for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS      Pet Bots for iOS
Drinking Game on Steam

Quote from: winkio
I do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney Stinson
When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Subsonic_Noise

Re: The Chaos-Project Community RPG: Codename La Rpg NEWS
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 01:21:11 AM »
I'd gladly do anything related to sound if needed.

Offline winkio

• Epiq
  • Administrator
  • Guardian of Chaos
  • I am lying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 01:27:48 AM »
awesome, I'll get back to you once we have the basics figured out :)

Subsonic_Noise

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 01:30:22 AM »
I can also help with basics, that's all I did in remexos so far, lol.

Offline winkio

• Epiq
  • Administrator
  • Guardian of Chaos
  • I am lying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2011, 01:33:08 AM »
well then get on it!  Head to the production thread, we are working on story, themes, and game features right now.

Offline AliveDrive

• Astral Trancist
  • Nyah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 01:35:24 AM »
It's all happening in realtime. Games get produced faster, when you're with the now network. xD

Subsonic_Noise

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 01:52:08 AM »
I will, though tomorrow since It's nightime here again.

Offline winkio

• Epiq
  • Administrator
  • Guardian of Chaos
  • I am lying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 01:53:53 AM »
Of course, I'm not trying to be pushy or anything, just whenever you feel like contributing, start at the production thread, and then check other threads as needed :)

Offline Starrodkirby86

• Kirby de Varita Estelar
  • Guardian of Chaos
  • LV: 194
  • ~!
    • View Profile
    • The Archive of Starrodkirby86
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 03:07:23 AM »
If this is a news thread, shouldn't this be stickied?

Also, I have doubts in how I can help or what follow-through and responsibilities I can easily put myself in with other things...I don't want to juggle more than I know myself can handle...

Otherwise, I hope I can find any way to assist. >.< Maybe I can be point out whatever fallacy or point's been mentioned and improve on that. Or proofread a la editor style, but knowing us I'm sure that'll be a rarity at most. xD

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Offline winkio

• Epiq
  • Administrator
  • Guardian of Chaos
  • I am lying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 03:35:17 AM »
Sure SRK, it's really informal, just drop in on whatever threads seem interesting, read them over, and contribute how you see fit :)

EDIT:
March 8, 2011
After a few days of intense planning, the project finally has a name!

Songs of Destruction is a game about magic, exploration, and the end of the world.  Follow the adventures of William, a promising young member of the Church of the Overgod, as he battles a fearsome cult and uses the lost art of magic to put an end to their doomsday plot.

We are beginning to transition out of the planning phase and into the development phase.  This is the time for mappers, eventers, spriters, composers, and musicians to begin contributing to the project!

EDIT2: for those of you who were wondering, "La Rpg" stood for Less Ambitious Role Playing Game, as this project was meant to be smaller than REMEXOS.  Glad we have a real title now :D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:36:58 PM by winkio »

Offline PhoenixFire

• Astral Trancist
  • LV: 6
  • ~That's an interesting notion, in it's own way~
    • View Profile
Re: The Chaos-Project Community RPG: Song of Destruction NEWS
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2011, 04:42:32 PM »
I shall help with this however I can, although atm as many of you already know, I'm already working on a side project of my own, that's fairly promising.
Next off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?